IGNORED

the damping factor rule.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:32 PM, Flyman said:

Hey guys.

I just want to finish my system. Getting some panels and a better possition i still notice a lack of bass. I check everything to my system everything is ok. I know my speaker don't have a the boom bass but i don't think that is the thing.

1) Searching some info for my amp....hegel h190....i noticed the damping factor to 4000. Very expensive ab amps don't have so much damping factor...only hydrid and class d does(what's why i don't like the bass?). Somewhere i find a guy saying that the too much damping factor kills the bass.is it right?! Also some of my friends saying the same. Hegel answers that the damping factor doesn't kill the bass....it just controlled and that is a personal taste. 

what do you believe?!

2) i live in a small village and it is difficult to demo an amp. Theoretically with a 851n as preamp......and a lets say rotel 1582 i will loose sound quality and 3d imaging?! what amp you suggest to 3000euros?! in the past some friends bring me here some amps....cyrus,naim and lfd but i didn't like them.

thanx guys

50/50 at this point whether you are barking up the wrong tree for your bass issues

1) what speakers are you using?

2) what source solution and what recording is demonstrating to you this lack? IME source solutions are often a culprit for poor bass below 50 hz

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 6/8/2019 at 12:10 AM, Flyman said:

1) harbeth c7es

2)tidal or mine flac songs.

is a difficult finding a stand speaker nearfield that have bass. I never find any.

Ok.

I've  now read the product description of the Hegel D190... its an integrated amp/DAC/DLNA endpoint

The  Harbeth C7-ES3 is a mid sized speaker

From all I've read Hegel builds fine analog electronics, low risk there for bass capability, ditto for the Harbeth's. If your source solution

passes good bass signal, you should hear it down to 40 hz.

Most likely problem area is the digital section of the Hegel, especially the DLNA endpoint function as streaming tech has rapidly evolved

over the past 5 years.

I would suggest that you compare an external  DLNA USB input to check your system bass, perhaps you can borrow an Aurender, or Lumin

USB source from a local dealer?  If you feel comfortable with DIY, Audiolinux headless as DLNA endpoint running on a NUC with good PS works very well

but less likely you can "borrow" to compare.

I can tell you that its common for source solutions not to do justice to bass intonation... sound "blenderized", fake.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Ahh, I see that you also use Roon... which will also sound better if you have a good USB endpoint. @PeterSt hes not there yet for separate USB cable if he is using

the Hegel as an all-in-one box solution in UPNP mode with Roon ... but as soon as he steps into an external USB source the Lush 2 does come into play

(as well as the possibility to use Roon RAAT protocol with a native Roon endpoint)😉

Regards,

Dave

Audio system