IGNORED

Digione Signature Playback Problem

I  recently purchased a Digione Signature Player from Allo. It was set up to use Volumio, but I have also used it as a Roon endpoint using Ropieee.

After a few minutes of playback the music hangs and repeats the last few notes over and over again. This happens in both Volumio and Roon and occurs whether I am playing via a NAS, a USB drive or listening to internet radio. I have this problem whether I am using ethernet or wireless connection. The Digione player is connected via RCA to a Moon 260 CD/DAC.

I have tried swapping out all the cables and using alternative power supplies to the Digione ( Allo supplied wall-wart, LKS  5v PSU, Audiophonics 5v PSU) but the playback problem still remains. As far as I can tell, there is no problem with my internet connection, so I think the Digione Player may be faulty.

Before I send it back, can anyone suggest any other issue which may be causing the problem.

Thanks

12 hours ago, slob said:

I  recently purchased a Digione Signature Player from Allo. It was set up to use Volumio, but I have also used it as a Roon endpoint using Ropieee.

After a few minutes of playback the music hangs and repeats the last few notes over and over again. This happens in both Volumio and Roon and occurs whether I am playing via a NAS, a USB drive or listening to internet radio. I have this problem whether I am using ethernet or wireless connection. The Digione player is connected via RCA to a Moon 260 CD/DAC.

I have tried swapping out all the cables and using alternative power supplies to the Digione ( Allo supplied wall-wart, LKS  5v PSU, Audiophonics 5v PSU) but the playback problem still remains. As far as I can tell, there is no problem with my internet connection, so I think the Digione Player may be faulty.

Before I send it back, can anyone suggest any other issue which may be causing the problem.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you check by setting Audio resembling to  different sample rates

And check you are getting issue in any particular sample rates

Hi Audio_Allo

Thanks for your response'

I have tried setting the resampling rate, initially to native, then 16/44 and 24/96. In all instances the problem still remains - music plays for a few minutes then hangs

Hi

You asked me to plug headphones into the raspberry pi jack socket to see if there was a problem with the pi board.

I connected headphones and was able to play 2 full albums through Volumio without any problems.

As soon as I tried to use the Digione via my DAC I had the same playback problem as before. 

In order to check if my Moon DAC was faulty I tried using an Audiolab M-DAC, but unfortunately the playback issue still occurs.

My order number is 5741 (26 April 2019)

Thanks

I suffered similar problems with my Signature, mostly when landing on hi-res files in a playlist. I found that if I flipped back to previous track and then forward again a few times it would eventually play. This became increasingly frustrating and after trying every possible solution I came to the conclusion that my unit was defective. I never had any such issues with my previous base model DigiOne or my ''vintage'' Squeezebox Touch. Fortunately Allo quickly responded by sending me a new unit. It has been playing almost non-stop for a week now without one stutter, dropout, lost signal. I could even swear that the new unit sounds fuller/richer than the defective one.

Hi Emcee

Glad to hear that the replacement unit solved your problem. I look forward to receiving a new unit from Allo in due course. The Signature sounded pretty impressive while it was working, much better than the Pioneer NP-01 I was using previously.

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I experienced the same problem here (and eventually solved it). Connected a brand new Digione Signature. Sound quality overall was fine, but playback was sometimes interrupted or even halted. Particularly when playing hires audio, the connection between the Digione Signature and DAC sometimes became unstable (red light on Block DAC). Starting a new track at different sample rate would then typically solve the problem, but only temporarily. 

Power connections (2x ifi iPower adapters) seemed to have an effect, so I thought about a grounding issue or the like. Placing the DC adapter sockets further apart would attenuate, but not solve the problem. Unfortunately it also had an effect on the stereo image, which became really bad.

In the end it appeared that the coax connection was the culprit. Replacing Audioquest Forest of 75cm by a Van den Hul Digicoupler of 1.5m (!) solved all problems. Although the new cable was of a higher quality/price class, I think it was most of all the extra cable length that did the trick. To reduce reflections a minimal coax cable length of 1.5m is often recommended. Apparently this can have a significant effect.

By the way, never had problems like this on a Hifiberry Digi+ pro with ifi iPower and Audioquest Forest coax of 75cm, which sounded great as well. Apparently this cheaper device managed to cope well with this setup.