Jump to content
IGNORED

Happy Birthday and welcome AudiophileOptimizer 3.00


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Rsbrsvp said:

Phil,

 

Do you recommend all these extras like jplay, fidilizer, etc.. or not?

 

Please advise.

 

 

Hello

 

I'd recommend to start with the basics, there is enough to learn. Later on you can build up on that. Personally I like JPLAY a lot in the loop, but or course it adds another layer or complexity.

 

Be sure the check ou all our PDF guide's in detail! Start with this one: https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

 

Then also read the dedicated guides about the OS installation as well as the computer audio best practices guide.

 

 

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Phil,

 

I installed WS2019 and amazon music and Audrivana work perfectly.

 

I want to purchase your optimizer but I am pretty technically illiterate.  Can I pay you to team viewer me and set the whole thing up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 8:13 PM, Rsbrsvp said:

Phil,

 

I installed WS2019 and amazon music and Audrivana work perfectly.

 

I want to purchase your optimizer but I am pretty technically illiterate.  Can I pay you to team viewer me and set the whole thing up?

Dear @Rsbrsvp

 

Glad to hear you succeeded with WS2019 and Amazon Music, very nice! :)

 

Unfortunately we do not offer the service your are requesting, but feel free to shot a message to @highend-pcdoctor he does offer exactly what you are looking for.

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil, I want to compare my sound with and without AO installed.  How do I shut off or revert the AO optimizations to compare and then reinstate the changes once again?

 

By the way, AO is for real.  Big changes.  I just want to be able to go back to before these changes temporarly to compare..

 

Tha k you for everything..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

Phil, I want to compare my sound with and without AO installed.  How do I shut off or revert the AO optimizations to compare and then reinstate the changes once again?

 

By the way, AO is for real.  Big changes.  I just want to be able to go back to before these changes temporarly to compare..

 

Tha k you for everything..

 

Hello

 

The best way to do that would be a dual boot system, one without and with AO installed.

 

The "light" way to revert a part of its changes is the so called "reset via ServiceTool". Alternatively you can also uninstall it which will revert the system to the stat prio to the optimization.

 

Everything (installation of AO, the OS, usage in detail etc) is describted, explained and documented very well in our PDF guides. For your setup i highly recommend you to read through the follwing PDF's before you start:

 

https://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/windows_server_2019_setup_guide.pdf

https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/computer_audio_best_practices_guide.pdf

 

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AO in Core mode server2019... I am blown away from the sound...thank you so much..best sound ever at my home...

 

after fiddling around - you're installation advice for win server 2019 in core is kind of small- I like to perfekt the net- adapter.

its shown for the gui version under 

Network Tuning.....

.....Open properties of the network card used for JPLAY StreamerMode and open TCP/IPv4 properties. Uncheck everything under DNS and WINS, disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP....

 

how can I do this in core mode... 

 

thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi !

 

Thank you very much for your help the other day.

 

I have one more question that I don't understand.

 

Recently, I noticed that the internet speed on my desktop PC is slower than other PCs.
It's about 1/4 to 1/10 of the speed on google speed test.

 

So I tried to troubleshoot it.

When I tried to troubleshoot, I found out that Diagnostic Policy Service could not be started.

I have tried everything I can find on the Internet, but in the end, I still cannot start the service.

 

This is only happening on the two PCs where AO is installed.
I'm wondering if this is related.

 

Is there any way to start the Diagnostic Policy Service normally?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have windows server 2012 GUI mode setup with  AO and running  JRiver as shell at the moment JRiver does not load sacd iso's i have to start task manager start explorer.exe navigate to the sacd iso i want to play and select open with JRiver and it will play. is this a common bug with JRiver? and is there a fix?

 

now i would also like to know if i enable core mode will JRiver still automatically start and will i be able to see it and use it the same as GUI mode? or does everything now run from command line? also ruffly how many processes are running in core mode(is it worth the mucking around)? and can i still access task manager to set priorities and affinities? Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 10:04 PM, latenz said:

AO in Core mode server2019... I am blown away from the sound...thank you so much..best sound ever at my home...

 

after fiddling around - you're installation advice for win server 2019 in core is kind of small- I like to perfekt the net- adapter.

its shown for the gui version under 

Network Tuning.....

.....Open properties of the network card used for JPLAY StreamerMode and open TCP/IPv4 properties. Uncheck everything under DNS and WINS, disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP....

 

how can I do this in core mode... 

 

thanks 

Hello

 

You can do so by using power shell commands. But it's reather complicated if you are not already familiar with it.

 

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 2:03 PM, iwaya said:

Hi !

 

Thank you very much for your help the other day.

 

I have one more question that I don't understand.

 

Recently, I noticed that the internet speed on my desktop PC is slower than other PCs.
It's about 1/4 to 1/10 of the speed on google speed test.

 

So I tried to troubleshoot it.

When I tried to troubleshoot, I found out that Diagnostic Policy Service could not be started.

I have tried everything I can find on the Internet, but in the end, I still cannot start the service.

 

This is only happening on the two PCs where AO is installed.
I'm wondering if this is related.

 

Is there any way to start the Diagnostic Policy Service normally?

Hey

 

This is because that servcice is disabled by AO. You can either do a reset using ServiceTool or just manuelly enable it again using services.msc. The have everything working as intended (from an OS perspective), i recommend doing the reset via ServiceTool.

 

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mark Labbett said:

now i would also like to know if i enable core mode will JRiver still automatically start and will i be able to see it and use it the same as GUI mode? or does everything now run from command line? also ruffly how many processes are running in core mode(is it worth the mucking around)? and can i still access task manager to set priorities and affinities? Thanks

 

Hello

 

Yes it will if you set it as Shell Replacement using our ServiceTool. It will look and behave like in GUI mode. The most complex part is the installation of JRiver itself since its installer does not work in Core mode. You'll need to install JRiver on a GUI machine, copy eveything over to the core machine and then do the activation. You can also still access Task Manager. Running proccess vary greatly from your setup and chosen options. Also the sum of all running proccesses ist not what really makes your audio sounding good, it's just good practice to have it as low as possible. But the magic comes from somewhere else..

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 11:09 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hey

 

This is because that servcice is disabled by AO. You can either do a reset using ServiceTool or just manuelly enable it again using services.msc. The have everything working as intended (from an OS perspective), i recommend doing the reset via ServiceTool.

 

Best,

AudioPhil

Hello!
Thanks for your reply!


Actually, my internet speed was not back to normal no matter what I did.
So I reinstalled the OS, and This restored my internet speed.

Reset from ServiceTool, right!
I'll try that!

Thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been able to change mode from gui to core mode in AO on my audiopc running Windows Server 2019 desktop version.  I also see nothing clearly about that in the setup quide or in this forum.  When I run service tool the second time and choose A after restoring drivers and services and restarting, I get "drivers and services have already been restored" and not a choice of modes to change to.

 

Am I supposed to be able to change to core mode with server 2019 or not?  If so, any ideas what my problem might be?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil. I very recently sent you a message through the AO website regarding a failed activation. Could you please respond ASAP as it is holding up the installation of my two new PCs. Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Phil & Claudia,

 

Several days ago I sent you both an email regarding a [redundant] purchase of 2 extra Activation Keys.  I have been patiently awaiting your response.  Please do reply, thank you.

 

      

WS2019 Datacenter Core, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, MC46, BubbleUPnP.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Phil,

 

Do you recommend doing windows updates or just waiting till something doesn't work and then doing update only then?

 

Will updates hurt sonics or not make a difference?

Please advise.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, riboge said:

I haven't been able to change mode from gui to core mode in AO on my audiopc running Windows Server 2019 desktop version.  I also see nothing clearly about that in the setup quide or in this forum.  When I run service tool the second time and choose A after restoring drivers and services and restarting, I get "drivers and services have already been restored" and not a choice of modes to change to.

 

Am I supposed to be able to change to core mode with server 2019 or not?  If so, any ideas what my problem might be?

 

 

 

Hello

 

Windows Server 2016 & 2019 do not offer this functionality, that's why it's not displayed in the ServiceTool as option. Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2 do offer that feature, and if detected the ServiceTool will offer the according functions.

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 4:06 PM, SwissBear said:

I noticed that AO3.0 is removing TCP/IP v6 services, which are essential for Diretta (https://www.diretta.link) to operate correctly.

You might want to make a note of this in a future version of the user manual and propose a way to reactivate those services through REGEDIT. 

Thanks

Dear SwissBear

 

Thanks a lot for the input. We'll include that information and advice in the next version of the user manual.

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

Phil,

 

Do you recommend doing windows updates or just waiting till something doesn't work and then doing update only then?

 

Will updates hurt sonics or not make a difference?

Please advise.

 

 

Hello

 

We generally recommend to do the windows updates on a regular basis yes. You need to do a reset using ServiceTool before you can install the updates. Once all are in place you need to do one full run with AO the get fully optimized again.

 

Updates can of course have an impact on the sonics, but not necessarily in a bad way. It just can't be predicted.

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great advice!  I used to reinstall the OS before update and that could be a hassle.  Not anymore.

WS2019 Datacenter Core, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, MC46, BubbleUPnP.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thuandb said:

Great advice!  I used to reinstall the OS before update and that could be a hassle.  Not anymore.

Very welcome you are Thuan :)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Windows Server 2016 & 2019 do not offer this functionality, that's why it's not displayed in the ServiceTool as option. Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2 do offer that feature, and if detected the ServiceTool will offer the according functions"

 

Might I suggest that this be stated in the setup instructions and not just the best practices.  The servicetool choice A still  says "restore..., change mode" when using WS 2019.  Shouldn't these words not appear with this version?  Or after "change mode" it could say "except for ws 2016 or 2019" for all.  I used ws 2012 gui for many years in AO core mode but with a  new machine am using 2019.  I never knew or had reason to that WS core mode and AO core mode where the same thing or that I would sacrifice using AO core mode if starting from WS2019 gui.  I wish the setup guide differentiated instructions for the different WS versions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, riboge said:

"Windows Server 2016 & 2019 do not offer this functionality, that's why it's not displayed in the ServiceTool as option. Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2 do offer that feature, and if detected the ServiceTool will offer the according functions"

 

Might I suggest that this be stated in the setup instructions and not just the best practices.  The servicetool choice A still  says "restore..., change mode" when using WS 2019.  Shouldn't these words not appear with this version?  Or after "change mode" it could say "except for ws 2016 or 2019" for all.  I used ws 2012 gui for many years in AO core mode but with a  new machine am using 2019.  I never knew or had reason to that WS core mode and AO core mode where the same thing or that I would sacrifice using AO core mode if starting from WS2019 gui.  I wish the setup guide differentiated instructions for the different WS versions. 

 

Hello

 

The new behavior of the newer OS's is mentioned at several places and occasions. The setup guides also do offer different instructions for different OS's (we offer a dedicated guide for each OS on top).

 

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...