IGNORED

HDMI cable Wireworld Ultraviolet 0.3m, or Audioquest Carbon 0.3m

4 hours ago, Speedskater said:

If you can hear a difference in a simple listening comparison of HDMI cables, you have a big problem somewhere in your system.

I didn’t expect you to answer the questions I asked you in post 19.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

On 6/8/2019 at 2:53 AM, kennyb123 said:

Upon which measurements do you base this recommendation?  Which measurements would the OP use to judge the Belden as “the only way to go” for his application?  And have you ever confirmed through listening comparisons that Belden HDMI cables offer superior sound quality to the cables the OP mentioned?  And do you have any evidence that proves that the cables the OP mentioned are inferior to the Belden?  

Here is some information that may be helpful to some.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm

Where performance over distance is required, our best cable is our original Belden Series-1, a 23.5 AWG HDMI cable. The Series-1 is quite thick and stiff, which is a drawback in terms of installation convenience, but performs better over distance than anything else we have seen--and this is borne out by its independent HDMI certifications. It is certified to the longest distances of any HDMI cable we know of--45 feet for Category 1 ("Standard" speed), 25 feet for Category 2 ("High speed". In actual usage, it ordinarily will work at distances far exceeding these--we have run 1080p video through a 125 foot Series-1 HDMI cable without any information loss, but results will vary depending on the capabilities of the sending and receiving circuits of the devices in use. Like the Series-FE, this HDMI cable uses Belden's patented bonded-pair technology and the cable stock is manufactured at Belden facilities in Kentucky and Indiana; foot for foot, it is the costliest HDMI cable stock in the world to manufacture, but we sell it at a price lower than many "premium" brands that lack the specs and the certifications that this HDMI cable holds.

25' Certification

45' Certification

The spec sheet

1 hour ago, Sonicularity said:

Here is some information that may be helpful to some.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm

25' Certification

45' Certification

The spec sheet

Earlier in the thread, audiophile cable manufactures were criticized because they don’t publish specs that justify their claims.  I’ve been trying to understand what it would look like if they did.  Belden has been held out as the gold standard, so this helps as BJC uses Belden cables.  

I see nothing that suggests superior engineering as far as specs go.  “Sufficient adequate” would be my takeaway.  Further, what I see as far as specs isn’t much different than what the audiophile manufacturers publish - but of course the audiophile manufacturers are the ones making claims.  So now I better understand why some have complaints.  

Thanks to all who contributed here.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

With Audioquest Cinnamon 0.6 m, I bought Worldwide Ultraviolet 7 0.3 m. The cable connects the USB bridge and DAC with I2S connection.
DAC is ESS 9038 and has the DPLL setting option. When the signal is poor, DPLL increases from 2 to 15, and the sound gets more blur. When the signal is perfect, DPLL is at 1 and the sound is the clearest.
In that sense, there is no difference between the cables. All PCM files, including 24/192 run without error, and DPLL can be on 1. DSD material searches for DPLL between 6 and 8.
But the difference in sound is more than obvious.
WW has a dense, rich mid-range area, and the stage is slightly ahead. They were very expressive. Violins have good microdynamics and timbars.
AQ is more transparent, with more air, the stage is slightly withdrawn. Extremes are more pronounced. The sound seemed to be more resolute, but in the middle there are fewer bodies. AQ has a bit more overall dynamics.
Which cable is better? Cables sound different, both have good and bad sides. It's hard to decide who's better.

My HiFi: HTPC, AudioQuest USB cable, Berkeley Alpha USB, Nordost Valhalla AES / EBU, Berkeley Alpha DAC, AudioQuest Amazon IC, Ayon Croassfire II SET integrated amplifier, Nordost Valhalla speaker cable, DIY 3 way Accuton ceramic speakers, Nordost Valhalla power cords.

3 hours ago, Forgisound said:

DAC is ESS 9038 and has the DPLL setting option. When the signal is poor, DPLL increases from 2 to 15, and the sound gets more blur. When the signal is perfect, DPLL is at 1 and the sound is the clearest.

What parameter are you referring to? Your description doesn't match anything in the datasheet.

6 hours ago, mansr said:

What parameter are you referring to? Your description doesn't match anything in the datasheet.

DAC is L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038pro. DPLL is option on the screen, with values 1-15. DPLL 1 means the input signal is perfect without significant jitter. In this case the sound is best and very clear.
When the input signal has more jitter, the input can not be unlocked, or the noise is heard, or music is skipped. In this case, the DPLL is lifted until the sound stabilizes. However, the higher DPLL adds blur to the sound.

It is with me all PCM formats DPLL at 1 (slight jitter) and with DSD signal from 6 to 8. However, with DSD material, blur in the sound is hardly noticeable.

My HiFi: HTPC, AudioQuest USB cable, Berkeley Alpha USB, Nordost Valhalla AES / EBU, Berkeley Alpha DAC, AudioQuest Amazon IC, Ayon Croassfire II SET integrated amplifier, Nordost Valhalla speaker cable, DIY 3 way Accuton ceramic speakers, Nordost Valhalla power cords.

1 hour ago, Forgisound said:

DAC is L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038pro. DPLL is option on the screen, with values 1-15. DPLL 1 means the input signal is perfect without significant jitter. In this case the sound is best and very clear.
When the input signal has more jitter, the input can not be unlocked, or the noise is heard, or music is skipped. In this case, the DPLL is lifted until the sound stabilizes. However, the higher DPLL adds blur to the sound.

It is with me all PCM formats DPLL at 1 (slight jitter) and with DSD signal from 6 to 8. However, with DSD material, blur in the sound is hardly noticeable.

Do you suppose the readout corresponds to this setting in the ESS chip?

image.thumb.png.2326ab15fa8e9bb9801107952902d701.png

Note that this is a setting, not a measurement. I guess the LKS firmware could be adjusting the setting dynamically to find the lowest value that still achieves a lock.

16 hours ago, mansr said:

Your description doesn't match anything in the datasheet.

I am not really sure, but be careful that this does not violate anything which shouldn't be violated (pasting in that page).

If I am wrong all together, then never mind.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

7 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I am not really sure, but be careful that this does not violate anything which shouldn't be violated (pasting in that page).

If I am wrong all together, then never mind.

I've never signed any NDA with ESS or their representatives.

• 10 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 1:30 AM, FIndingit said:

It’s funny there are no higher quality 0.3 m Wireworld cables, new or used, available anywhere in the world at the moment. All sold for i2s use?

0.3m in stock at this moment:
https://store.wireworldcable.com/products/ultraviolet-7-hdmi-audio-video-4k-18gbps-hdr-cable