IGNORED

[How-To] How and why to configure a shell replacement?

Hi @AudioPhil,

I recently started using AudiophileOptimizer 3.0 and I am amazed by the results in terms of sound quality.I want to go even further, using the shell replacement option. However, before going in that direction, I would like answers to these questions please :

1. Do I need to strip Windows 10 pro if I use shell replacement?

2. To improve the sound quality, I installed the following software on my computer: AudiophileOptimizer (ultimate mode), Fidelizer Pro 8.6 and Minimserver 2.0. How do I configure the shell replacement with that these three applications?

3. My Music library is installed in a Samsung 960 Evo 2TB SSD drive. Will I need to go back to the Windows desktop to drop new music in my SSD drive?

Thank you so much for your help!

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

Thank you @AudioPhil!

It seems to be a bug or conflict if I am using a Shell for Fidelizer Pro (See post 15 from @Windows X). What would be the most appropriate solution?

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

Hi @AudioPhil,

Finally, I dismissed Fidelizer and chose to keep only AudiophileOptimizer with Autologon and minimserver shell replacement. My God!! The difference in sound quality is...HUGE! I had an Innuos Zen mini music server MK II and AO reach the same sound quality for a fraction of the price. It sound fabulous with my Lumin A1 with Leeds processing.

Does Windows server 2019 bring a significant improvement in sound? Is it complicated to install on an Intel NUC? I am not a computer geek but only an audiophile : )