IGNORED

ok, camera nuts...

On 7/17/2019 at 11:21 AM, accwai said:

Interesting, Adams' name's mentioned but no example. Did he use Polaroid print or Type 55 negative? I'm no expert but I believe Type 55 yields either a print or a negative but not both, as the two sides have different speed. Now Paul Caponigro definitely used Polaroid print for his book Seasons. And Timothy Greenfield-Sanders uses both B&W & color print. For some reason, no mention of these latter in the article.

These entries in the Song of the Day thread happens to be within the last week and a half:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/27143-song-of-the-day-or-welcome-to-the-add-generation/?do=findComment&comment=971062

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/27143-song-of-the-day-or-welcome-to-the-add-generation/?do=findComment&comment=973244

And lots more going further back. The first one's from 2008 and the second from 2011. Are they modern enough?

No idea precisely what real photographer is, but whoever churns out mindless snapshots like these can't possibly be one:

P0230618.jpg.a73258c7f451db6b676deb07f0e93e46.jpg

IMG-00116.jpg.dc137cd687054488fde33f29d1e3530b.jpg

So do you have your works online anywhere? Would be rather educational for us less advanced.

Ansel Adams regarded cameras as mere tools. He always talked about “using the right tool for the job.” He did use a Polaroid in his class to illustrate photographic points in his lectures, but I don’t think he used one for serious photography due to the lack of manipulativity of the image inherent in Polaroid photography. 

George

2 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Ansel Adams regarded cameras as mere tools. He always talked about “using the right tool for the job.” He did use a Polaroid in his class to illustrate photographic points in his lectures, but I don’t think he used one for serious photography due to the lack of manipulativity of the image inherent in Polaroid photography. 

https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Photography-Ansel-Adams-1979-04-27/dp/B019NDPMR0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Angel+Adams+Polaroid&qid=1563623480&s=gateway&sr=8-3

20 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

ok, if you don't like that one, here is another:

my 911 at Dee Wright in front of Sisters.jpg

Negative camber please x-D Now with the gas price these days, back to something like this perhaps:

P1030489.jpg.bbcf50cb226ab8ed9a5cd8e168dad075.jpg

CRW_3816.jpg.51d7f1335ce23b29701fe4b345842b76.jpg

19 hours ago, lucretius said:

And/or a big fan of illegal Japanese street racing. ☺️

Interestingly the bad guys run GT-R back in the old Initial-D days. Now that we're in the MF Ghost era, GT-R guy is a friend... As for real life knockoffs, I once saw a Vette in panda color scheme with all the decals. It's stop-and-go traffic on the main local highway so no time to snap a photo unfortunately. Around here, we also have frequent sightings of a real AE86 in full Fujiwara Tofu Shop trim. Now that's a real Initial-D fan.

10 hours ago, marce said:

[...] I know its a good photo when it makes me smile and want to pick up my camera... [...]

18n5lbqtdaqj4jpg.jpg

x-Dx-Dx-D Another hilarious one is the huge size difference between front and rear brake calipers on the Lamborghini Urus. There is a parking lot nearby that has one from time to time. Unfortunately never had the phone on me whenever I come across this one. Went to diner yesterday and saw a Civic Type R with hugely uneven red Brembos front and back. The owner was nearby puffing so I didn't whip out the phone and start snapping away. The Lambo's a real pig so it's kind of understandable, but on a Type R? Seriously?!

10 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Cameras and processes should always be mere tools right? Back in Hong Kong, trading in Leica "bricks" was (is?) serious business. You take a non-trivial hit if the plastic wrapping on a brick is removed. So you can't even see, let alone touch the mechanism inside 9_9

An interesting use case for Polaroid would be the 20x24 Polaroid camera. Just came across website of the company that runs the cameras and film supply now. Looks like the whole idea is still active. Timothy Greenfield-Sanders used/uses this a lot. Come to think of it, he'd probably be one of the very few cases where something like the LargeSense LS911 camera would actually make some sense...