IGNORED

ok, camera nuts...

On 7/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, accwai said:

Hmm... for the few real photogs and musicians, making art is only natural. But us regular folks have neither the talent nor the technique for that.

"talent" has little to do with it. Some, but little. With contemporary art, technique, even less. Click here if you'd like to learn (a little bit, that's just the very tip of the iceberg) more.

(picture by Wolfgang Tillmans)

Fig6sm-684x1024.jpg

39 minutes ago, accwai said:

Hmm... It does both but not both are usable at the same time as the print's 50 ISO but the negative 's 25 at most 32 ISO right? Please explain "overexposed". The word's over my syllable limit...

Something around a stop more, yes - the tin said ISO 50, but in practice, you were better off giving the negative a bit more light to build density, which'd result in a light(er) positive. I'm not aware of anyone trying to conserve Type 55 positives, IIRC, and I haven't shot one in maybe 20 years, they were so unstable they came with a foul-smelling sponge thing to clear the chemicals (and the negative was quite beautiful, but very fragile).

39 minutes ago, accwai said:

If I'm not mistaking, audiophiles listening to their gear *is* an art activity according to this. Wow, learn something new every day. Thanks!

Only if you also believe the act of hearing a tree fall in the middle of a forest makes you into a falling tree.