IGNORED

ok, camera nuts...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, daverich4 said:

The Leica/Panasonic collaboration goes back to the 90’s. As you said they’re manufactured by Panasonic with oversight from Leica. Panasonic describes the process as built to "Leica's lofty standards". My impression is that in the past Leica was more involved in the design than they are now. Considering how shitty my first one was I have a hard time believing Leica does any QC after manufacture. Something you should be aware of, unless something has changed in the last year, Panasonic USA doesn’t have the equipment to repair them. If it’s sent in during the warranty period they will replace it with a different one. If it’s out of warranty you can replace it yourself out of your own pocket or do without. Fortunately, mine was still under warranty. 

I think a better question might be: How much Panasonic is there in a Leica?

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I also kept some Nikon stuff, mostly old MF lenses and 2-3 bodies - micro lenses, and the famed "nice old fashioned glow" of bokeh from the 50/1.2 and 45/1.4

What year is the 45/1.4 from? -- never seen one, never heard of one.

mQa is dead!

49 minutes ago, accwai said:

He did say manual focus and micro, so he probably meant 45/2.8 PC-E Micro:

product_01.png

It does go to 0.5× magnification as oppose to the Canon 45/2.8 TS-E which goes to 0.16× only. I'm no expert but would imagine the Canon has stopped at a rather awkward place.

Thanks.  I do know about that Nikon lens.

mQa is dead!

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

sadly, I made a typo - it is the 35/1.4 MF Nikkor

https://www.casualphotophile.com/2017/01/16/nikon-nikkor-35mm-f1-4-the-fastest-35mm-nikon-lens-ever/

the Micro Nikkors I kept are MF 55mm - one compensating & one not:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55256540

I also have a kit zoom 24-85 AF-S, a screw drive 100mm micro, pre-Ai 24mm, and 2-3 50mm lenses.  I have the 80-400 AF-S tele zoom also, but will try to sell it and get the 100-400 (200-800mm equiv.) Panny-Leica.

I still have these full frame Nikon lenses lying around:

1. 28/2.8 Ai-S MF
  2. 35/1.8 G AF-S ED
  3. 45/2.8 Ai-P MF
  4. 50/1.2 Ai-S MF
  5. 50/1.4 Ai-S MF
  6. 50/1.8 G AF-S
  7. 55/2.8 Ai-S Micro MF
  8. 85/1.8 G AF-S
  9. 105/2.5 Ai-S MF

I always intended to ditch #'s 5 and 7 but lately have been contemplating getting rid of them all along with a Nikon Df and a Nikon FM3a.

mQa is dead!

14 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Which lever? The film advance on the 500 C/M body? 

The grip on the new body looks super cool and super expensive. And man that was an annoying video. Didn't get the sound at all. 

Ahh.  I didn't realize it was an old film camera body in the video.  I thought they were demoing the 907X body with the CFV II 50C digital back.

mQa is dead!

• 4 weeks later...