IGNORED

Article: The Best Version Of… Peter Gabriel’s So

"...the TBVO crown for Peter Gabriel’s So is resoundingly awarded to the ‘12 hi-res download."

Great article! But by the time I got to the punch line I'd lost track of the contenders. Perhaps due to a late night read.

I purchased the collection of 180 gram Vinyl 45RPM Half-Speed Remasters specifically to get access to the the Hi-Res Download Cards that were included. (Peter Gabriel 1, Peter Gabriel 2, Peter Gabriel 3, Peter Gabriel 4, So, Up, Us). I don't own a turntable.

Are those downloads the same as the TBVO crown quoted above?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. those LPs are available for sale if anyone's interested. They've never been played and I never got around to listing them anywhere.

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

On 6/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, JoshM said:

The ‘16 download I mention is the one that camemwith the vinyl. 

Speaking of which, someone over at SHF told me they were sent that ‘16 24/96 download when they submitted the code from their 25th anniversary box. If that happens, make sure you email back Real World and say you want the 25th anniversary 24/48 download.

Thank you Josh.

I looked closely at the files on my archive drive, and was surprised to find two copies of So. Somehow I'd completely forgotten about this.

PG1 (WAVE 24/96, Date Created 04/01/15)
PG2 (WAVE 24/96, Date Created 04/01/15)
PG3 (WAVE 24/96, Date Created 04/09/15)
PG4 (WAVE 24/96, Date Created 04/02/15)
So (WAVE 24/96, Date Created 08/04/16)
So (FLAC 24/48, Remastered 2012, Date Created 10/15/12)
Up (WAVE 24/44, Date Created 08/04/16)
Us (WAVE 24/96, Date Created 08/04/16)

When I purchased the collection of 180 gram Vinyl  45RPM Half-Speed Remasters with Hi-Res Download Cards, the downloads resulted in .zip files that unpacked into WAVE files.

So I must have purchased the FLAC version of So independently, and probably before (?) the Vinyl Collection was made available.

Does that look like the correct one?

Thanks!

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub