IGNORED

Article: The Best Version Of… Peter Gabriel’s So

On 5/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, ted_b said:

I've seen PG 8 or so times, the first being the Lamb tour with Genesis back in Cleveland.  I think both his tours and his albums peaked at Melt, but that's like saying the Beatles peaked at Revolver.  :)  The remaining catalog is still a treasure.  I go back and forth between the 24/48 and the SACD rip (DSF).  I am interested to hear Josh's comments (or anyone else who has both).  I often use Tony's stick and the percussion at the last minute of Don't Give Up to set up one of my comparisons.  The dsf rip seems to have a blacker background, the 2448 a warmer tone.  Both are great IMHO, especially given that my Holo treats each format differently.

So do I the bass notes are gorgeous. I have both the SACD and the 24/48. 

When I did a ranking, I ranked the SACD first but will reassess with my system as is now

Based on "Don't give up" only I still rank the SACD first.

If I was to focus on the hint of congestion of KB's forte on the SACD and on the layering of instruments on the 24/48, I would follow Josh's opinion.

However I am more sensitive to the organic presence of PG's vocals and to the strong low end of the SACD and find the 24/48 boring in comparison