Jump to content
sockpit

Rendu Support Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Okay, Alex at Uptone is on it, very very good customer service, still have not heard word one from Small Green Computer, which is frustrating. As someone who is a subscriber to Tidal, Qobuz and Roon, every day without my MR is money lost. I'm going to try to find my old card, which I think I kept...would the MR boot up with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldominion said:

Okay, Alex at Uptone is on it, very very good customer service, still have not heard word one from Small Green Computer, which is frustrating. As someone who is a subscriber to Tidal, Qobuz and Roon, every day without my MR is money lost. I'm going to try to find my old card, which I think I kept...would the MR boot up with it?

Pick up the micro SD card from my website and then email me so I can take care of it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so I am clear...buy another one? I hate to be 'that guy' but having already bought one replacement card within the past two months I guess I'm assuming there is another issue with the actual MicroRendu that perhaps is non-card related. I know you've said that 99% of the time it's the card, so naturally I trust you. Additionally, if it were in fact a problem with the MR I would be interested in learning more about a trade-in for the UltraRendu.  In any case, if you believe I should buy another card I will do so. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Oldominion said:

Just so I am clear...buy another one? I hate to be 'that guy' but having already bought one replacement card within the past two months I guess I'm assuming there is another issue with the actual MicroRendu that perhaps is non-card related. I know you've said that 99% of the time it's the card, so naturally I trust you. Additionally, if it were in fact a problem with the MR I would be interested in learning more about a trade-in for the UltraRendu.  In any case, if you believe I should buy another card I will do so. Thanks. 

Making the purchase puts the order officially into the system. From there I can then refund the purchase as I said I would take of it for you.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Oldominion I have responded to all my emails maybe I missed you some how. I don't know how your email address vs your user name here. Can you go on smallgreencomputer.com and submit a support ticket? This is always the best way to get support.


agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 12:24 AM, Theogenes said:

 

Been slammed with the end-of-year push at work, but I can confirm the ultraRendu works perfectly with the Lynx Hilo via Roon and JRMC/DLNA/UPnP. I hope to have some time to provide a little more more detail after the first of the year, but suffice to say not only does the uR function flawlessly and sound fantastic, but I am extremely impressed with the level of service from Jesus and Andrew that got me up and running. 

 

Theogenes, 

 

Very interested in your experience.  I run Roon core on PC#1 (Win 10), convole to 6 channel stereo, stream through ethernet to PC#2 (Win Server 2012R2, Roon client), connected thru USB to Hilo. Considering replacing PC#2 with an ultraRendu. A while back Hilo didn't support Linux and this couldn't be done, but I saw they now have a Linux driver and from your post you have uR working well with Hilo.

 

Would love to learn more!


Roon Server: Gigabyte GA-Z170X UD5, i5 6600, Crucial MX200 SSD, HyperX 1x16GB RAM, Seasonic 520W 80+ PSU, 3 HDD for media, Zalman Z3 Plus case, Win 10 Pro, convolving in Roon digital xo + DRC + upsampling. Output through ethernet.

Roon Client AudioPC: Intel S1200KPR, Xeon E3 1265lv2, Crucial V4 SSD for OS, 8GB ECC RAM, PPA USB card v2, wide range picoPSU, PPA SATA cable for SSD, Streacom FC8 Evo case, lab linear PSU for picoPSU, Windows Server 2012 R2, AudioPhil's Optimizer, Acourate (digital crossovers, room correction )

Rest of Chain:

Uptone ISO Regen (with LPS 1.2) into Lynx Hilo as 6-channel DAC, McIntosh MC275 MkIV for mids & treble, Hypex UcD400HG for midbass into B&W 804S, 2 DIY 12" Rythmik subs, Equi=Core 1800 balanced power, dedicated power lines, room treatments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another report of Roon skipping through tracks, this time with a microRendu. Is it known yet what the root cause of this is? So far I have only encountered this behavior once.

 

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/microrendu-skips-songs-very-fast/75276


(MPD/Rigelian), Sonore ultraRendu, Sonore ultraDigital, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axiom05 said:

Another report of Roon skipping through tracks, this time with a microRendu. Is it known yet what the root cause of this is? So far I have only encountered this behavior once.

 

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/microrendu-skips-songs-very-fast/75276

Roon is suppose to disable the RoonReady output device if it is not seen by the endpoint. This is meant to avoid streaming to a device that is not there, not ready, or not active. Sometimes a device is seen by the endpoint and thus enabled in Roon for playback. However, the device can be in a wired state and not actually able to play music properly. The fix for this issue is almost always to power cycle the device. How you power cycle the device depends on the design of the device. That is what I know and I would have to contact Roon to see what they know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been having a ton of issues with my OM/OR trying to run with Roon. Finally seeing the OpticalRendu in Roon selectable zones. Once I try playing either a Tidal track or a CD track on local network, Roon is skipping all tracks of the CD I'm trying to play. My previous setup using the UltraRendu always worked flawlessly with Roon. I then switched the Optical Module for a Trendnet SFP, with exact same results.

 


Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benchmark DAC3 DAC which always worked perfectly with my UR.


Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve be running my UltraRendu with an Uptone 1.2 PS for over a year without any issues. I had to move the UR/Uptone PS on my rack and the UR will no longer power up (amber LED). I checked the Uptone PS and it does read at 7.1 VDC. Tried powering via my HDPlex PS at 7 VDC with same results (amber LED). I disconnected the UR/Uptone combo and reconnected everything back without any success. What causes the UR LED to go amber?


Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dasign said:

I’ve be running my UltraRendu with an Uptone 1.2 PS for over a year without any issues. I had to move the UR/Uptone PS on my rack and the UR will no longer power up (amber LED). I checked the Uptone PS and it does read at 7.1 VDC. Tried powering via my HDPlex PS at 7 VDC with same results (amber LED). I disconnected the UR/Uptone combo and reconnected everything back without any success. What causes the UR LED to go amber?

The LED goes from red to amber during the later phases of the boot process, this is where the audio specific initialization stuff is happening. The very last part of the boot process is making a connection to your network, after a network connection occurs the LED turns green. So if the LED stays amber it means you are not making a network connection.

 

So you need to check your network cables, make sure all switches and routers are up and running etc. If that doesn't help try turning off then turning back on the router and any switches before turning on the uR.

 

Did you recently change anything in your network? If so that might be a good place to start looking.

 

John S.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem seems to be solved by updating the OR operating system. I am now playing music and the OR/OM combo sounds beautiful. Will hang on to this for a fe days and will have a complete review of this setup. Thanks to Adrian!


Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you John for the info. Yes I did mess my network connection quite a bit, when I installed the OR/OM combo and had some issues trying to make the combo operate. I got the OR/OM now working fine ( sounds fabulous!). After a few e-mail exchanges with Adrian, I got the UR running normally again. Just want to thank the Sonore team for the incredible support.


Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I drop the internet connection to my Sonore Signature Rendu SE and replug it I go through hell trying to get the device to be seen by MySonicorbiter.  I play with the connections, I restart the Rendu, I restart the dac, I eventually get it going again but it takes 10 to 20 minutes of fussing with the damned thing.  What if anything am I doing wrong?  Nothing else on my network or in my system causes me this grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lifer said:

Everytime I drop the internet connection to my Sonore Signature Rendu SE and replug it I go through hell trying to get the device to be seen by MySonicorbiter.  I play with the connections, I restart the Rendu, I restart the dac, I eventually get it going again but it takes 10 to 20 minutes of fussing with the damned thing.  What if anything am I doing wrong?  Nothing else on my network or in my system causes me this grief.

Lifer, I have had the same issues when I recycle the modem or router or run an OS update on the Signature Rendu SE itself.  My current routine, using JRiver (with DLNA) or LMS as the controller software, is to do this after the recycle completes:

 

(1).  Turn off power to Signature Rendu DAC, and FMC/OM (if applicable). 

 

(2).  Repower in this order, one unit at a time: 

 

(a):  FMC/OM;

 

(b). DAC; and 

 

(c). Rendu. 

 

When DAC repowers, allow it to complete its full power on routine.  When Rendu repowers, make sure that default 44.1khz sample rate displays, if your DAC shows the rate. 

 

(3).  Allow Rendu to complete power on cycle and then find interface on your phone/tablet/computer browser. 

 

(4).  Check DAC diagnostics to be sure that the first and third windows confirm handshake completed. 

 

(5).  Go to Rendu settings tab.  Restart your controller software by clicking on "save." Wait until green status bar appears and confirms restart is complete. 

 

(6).  If your server software can be started, do so.  (I use JRiver, located on my computer, so it's easy to restart it from my phone using remote access software.). After restart completes, make sure the Rendu shows as a client, if your server software can show you that. 

 

(7).  Restart your controller software on your phone or tablet, if that is how you address the Rendu. Make sure that both server and Rendu client are accessible from that software.  

 

(8).  Choose your music and hit "play.". Usually, you hear something, but sometimes nothing will play or music will appear to play but be inaudible.  In that case, try redoing steps (5) through (8).

 

(9).  When all this fails, start again at step (1).  Eventually, it works, as you have noted. 

 

The days of shoving a CD into the player, making sure you have the right input, hitting "play," and hearing music immediately are over if you have gone to a streaming system.  Why do we do it?  Because it sounds amazing when it's humming.  Despite my fairly frequent frustration with getting all the pieces to play nicely with one another (and I have a decent amateur's understanding of networking), my system has never sounded better, even compared to when I had more expensive amplification and a top-of-the-line SACD player. 


Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > JRiver Media Server > ASUS AC-87R Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > EtherRegen > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Tier 2 > Wyred4Sound 10th Anniversary DAC > Wyred4Sound STI-500 > Revel F32 Concertas

 

Basement:  Synology 218+ NAS > JRiver Media Server > ASUS AC-87R Router > Netgear GS348 Switch >TrendNet FMC>Sonore OpticalModule> UltraRendu > NuPrime IDA-8 > KEF LS50's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lifer said:

Everytime I drop the internet connection to my Sonore Signature Rendu SE and replug it I go through hell trying to get the device to be seen by MySonicorbiter.  I play with the connections, I restart the Rendu, I restart the dac, I eventually get it going again but it takes 10 to 20 minutes of fussing with the damned thing.  What if anything am I doing wrong?  Nothing else on my network or in my system causes me this grief.

What happens if you reboot the unit without the optical cable connected and then connect the optical cable after a few minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soupcampbell said:

Hello! Can someone tell me what size torx screwdriver will  fit the microRendu so that i can switch cases? 😊

I think it's a T-8 on my ultraRendu.


(MPD/Rigelian), Sonore ultraRendu, Sonore ultraDigital, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, soupcampbell said:

Hello! Can someone tell me what size torx screwdriver will  fit the microRendu so that i can switch cases? 😊

 

Torx T8 on microRendu.

 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:23 AM, Axiom05 said:

I think it's a T-8 on my ultraRendu.

 

Torx T10 size on ultraRendu (though a T9 works sort of okay too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, Lifer said:

Everytime I drop the internet connection to my Sonore Signature Rendu SE and replug it I go through hell trying to get the device to be seen by MySonicorbiter.  I play with the connections, I restart the Rendu, I restart the dac, I eventually get it going again but it takes 10 to 20 minutes of fussing with the damned thing.  What if anything am I doing wrong?  Nothing else on my network or in my system causes me this grief.

I’m having a similar issue with my oM/oR combo. Music can play normally during a few hours, but then I get the skipping track ‘dance’. Jesus sent me some power recycling process information to get my music back, which works. I have not had a day of complete day of flawless operation, since I purchased the oM. Previous to this setup, I had a TrendNet FMC/oM/ uR combo which worked without any issues. As soon as I installed the oR, problems started to happen. So I suspect that the oR is the culprit here...I am not going to power recycle my gear on a daily basis. Sonore wil have to come up with some solution.


Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dasign said:

I’m having a similar issue with my oM/oR combo. Music can play normally during a few hours, but then I get the skipping track ‘dance’. Jesus sent me some power recycling process information to get my music back, which works. I have not had a day of complete day of flawless operation, since I purchased the oM. Previous to this setup, I had a TrendNet FMC/oM/ uR combo which worked without any issues. As soon as I installed the oR, problems started to happen. So I suspect that the oR is the culprit here...I am not going to power recycle my gear on a daily basis. Sonore wil have to come up with some solution.

Send it in and we will swap it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...