IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

51 minutes ago, Ed66 said:

Thank you Jos. But I was able to find one used locally. It seems that sboosters are the only high end ps available locally here. 

You could also buy one from Sonore. I guess they are relatively new on the market, because I didn’t see them before. And LPS will be reviewed by this site, see...

https://twitteringmachines.com/in-barn-sonore-ultrarendu-ultradigital-small-green-computer-linear-power-supplies/

For Sbboster, look at...

Good luck!

4 hours ago, jos said:

You could also buy one from Sonore. I guess they are relatively new on the market, because I didn’t see them before. And LPS will be reviewed by this site, see...

https://twitteringmachines.com/in-barn-sonore-ultrarendu-ultradigital-small-green-computer-linear-power-supplies/

For Sbboster, look at...

Good luck!

Thank you so much Jos. Id seen the review of the previous sbooster, not the mk2. Seems promising, although most people talk about the new lps 1.2. Getting it to Canada would be a bit expensive so Ill just settle for now with the sbooster mk1. 

Does anybody have any experience with using the ultraRendu with the Amanero Combo384 Module USB Module to drive one of the Twisted Pear Buffalo-IIIse Pro (ES9028/ES9038) 2-Channel DACs?  If so, were you able to successfully pass through 384 kHz PCM and DSD128 to the DAC? And finally, did the DSD require packaging as DoP?

I am using the UR with a TPA Buffalo II and Apple TV. Streaming works well except for an audio delay issue I'm having using Shairport when streaming audio from the Apple TV. I suspect this is an airplay issue, but there is a second or so lag between the audio and video on the television. Has anyone successfully eliminated the streaming lag to the UR can be used with movies streamed from the Apple TV? Thanks.

5 hours ago, J2000 said:

I am using the UR with a TPA Buffalo II and Apple TV. Streaming works well except for an audio delay issue I'm having using Shairport when streaming audio from the Apple TV. I suspect this is an airplay issue, but there is a second or so lag between the audio and video on the television. Has anyone successfully eliminated the streaming lag to the UR can be used with movies streamed from the Apple TV? Thanks.

These units are primarily intended to stream music and not audio from video. Those delays are buffers that keep things working without dropouts.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, vortecjr said:

Lynx Studio Technology update:

The Lynx Hilo and Aurora line with LT-USB input is now supported. Even multi-channel is reported working:) 

Been slammed with the end-of-year push at work, but I can confirm the ultraRendu works perfectly with the Lynx Hilo via Roon and JRMC/DLNA/UPnP. I hope to have some time to provide a little more more detail after the first of the year, but suffice to say not only does the uR function flawlessly and sound fantastic, but I am extremely impressed with the level of service from Jesus and Andrew that got me up and running. These guys are awesome, and I'm incredibly pleased with the product and the company. 

Loving my setup now! Great job, Sonore team!

In October, I purchased Roon. The microRendu has been very stable since then. Until yesterday. Roon is no longer able to discover the microRendu. I am able to use microRendu’s Roon Ready App. When i click “Restart Roon Ready” (Version 1.1.32), it says “Roon Ready Restarted”. But when I click “Roon Ready Diagnostics”, I get the error message “Error 500 Service unavailable”. I am able to use Roon with a different DAC (no microRendu) without any issues. I am able use the "Audio App Switcher” and can switch between RoonReady and MDP/DLNA modes. When I use the MDP/DLNA mode (which I used before I purchased Roon), the microRendu appears as a renderer in the BubbleUPnP Server, but I am unable to play music to the microRendu. I have rebooted the microRendu a number of times. I have reinstalled SW 2.7 (even though I am quite sure I already had the latest version). I normally run Roon on a Mac mini connected with ethernet cables (via a router) to the microRendu. I also tried Roon from an iMac (via WiFi). Neither worked. I also tried to restart the computers several times. But the microRendu does still not appear in Roon. Not really sure what more I can try. Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

If the DAC shows up in Apps / DAC Diagnostics go to Settings / Roon Ready and press Save.

My DAC did not show up in Apps / DAC Diagnostics. But after restarted my Ayre QB-9 DAC, it did appear in Apps / DAC Diagnostics. So now everything is working again. Thank you very much for your assistance!

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

Does the latest Linux kernel that's available for the ultraRendu come with "generic" support for XMOS & Thesycon devices?

(specific change = https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/blob/rpi-4.19.y/sound/usb/quirks.c#L1443 )

Yep.

Hi all, n00b here,

I have just purchased a microrendu which has the 1.4 hardware and the latest 2.7 software installed. I have a Topping D50 which id like to send Native DSD through to from hqplayer NAA bur for some reason native is not an option. I was under he impression that the rendu would see the Topping as being cabable of Native to DSD512. Can anyone give me any tips on how I can do this. I had previously has the topping attached to a windows laptop for native asio support with hqplayer .

Thanks

Thanks, here are the diagnostics

DAC description: D50      152a:8750

Diagnostic information for this DAC

Topping D50 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 1
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 776
    Momentary freq = 705602 Hz (0x58.3340)
    Feedback Format = 16.16
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: S32_LE
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000
  Interface 1
    Altset 3
    Format: SPECIAL
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 705600 (705600/1)
period_size: 32768
buffer_size: 131072
Simple mixer control 'D50 ',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Topping Internal Clock Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

In HQPlayer when I choose SDM Pack = none which I believe is native DSD, the dropdown on the far right of the main screen is missing the option for  SDM(DSD), it only has PCM.
ive tried checking and unchecking thr direct SD. option in the file DSF settings page as well.

Hello, all.  I'm looking for some guidance toward solving a problem with playback on my Roon system.   I’m getting strange behavior from the ultraRendu after doing a software update earlier this week.  

My system:

• QNAP HS-251+ NAS - housing all my music files (FLAC, DSF)
  • Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5 - running Roon Server on sonicOrbiter 2.7
  • Sonore ultraRendu - powered by UpTone LPS-1.2 - running sonicOrbiter 2.7
  • Benchmark DAC2 DX - fed via USB by ultraRendu

Sometimes music plays fine, but then stops - with Roon quickly removing all tracks from the queue one-by-one until it’s empty.  Then it’s in a state where any track I attempt to play, either from file or from Tidal, momentarily appears in the lower bar of the Roon UI, but quickly disappears and does not play.  

Things I’ve tried, in various sequences, that did not fix the problem:

• Restart Roon client on iMac
  • Try Roon client on iPhone
  • Restart Roon Server app on sonicTransporter i5 from its web console
  • Restart Roon Ready app on ultraRendu from its web console
  • Reboot sonicTransporter i5 from its web console
  • Reboot ultraRendu from its web console
  • Power down sonicTransporter i5 from its web console - then power up
  • Restart file service on NAS from its web console
  • Reboot NAS from its web console
  • Power down NAS from its web console - then power up
  • Power down network switch - then power up
  • Power down the DAC - the power up

Looking at the diagnostics available on the web consoles of the sonicTransporter and ultraRendu, the most potentially relevant messages I could find are these from the Roon Ready Diagnostic on the ultraRendu:

[0000319] 169.289 TRACE [lua@0xe2e21c] [192.168.1.122:34074] GOT [6] {"request":"setup","format":{"sample_type":"pcm","sample_rate":44100,"bits_per_sample":16,"channels":2,"sample_subtype":"none"}} 
[0000320] 169.289 TRACE alsa output setup: format is pcm 44100/16/2 
[0000321] 169.289 TRACE opening [hw:0,0] 44100/16/2 
[0000322] 169.290 TRACE prefer larger samples = 0 
[0000323] 169.290 TRACE [ALSA] [hw:0,0] using hw pcmformat S32_LE bitspersample 16 
[0000324] 169.290 TRACE [ALSA] [hw:0,0] Requesting 2 periods 
[0000325] 169.290 TRACE [ALSA] [hw:0,0] Requesting 2205 frames/buffer (1102 frames/period) 
[0000326] 169.290 TRACE [ALSA] [hw:0,0] Initialized with 2 periods with 1103 frames/period and 2206 frames/buffer 
[0000327] 169.630 ERROR error in snd_pcm_hw_params: Input/output error (-5) 
[0000328] 169.631 WARNING [lua@0xe2e21c] [192.168.1.122:34074] setup failed: RAAT__OUTPUT_PLUGIN_STATUS_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED 
[0000329] 169.631 TRACE [lua@0xe2e21c] [192.168.1.122:34074] SENT [6] {"status":"UnexpectedError","message":"RAAT__OUTPUT_PLUGIN_STATUS_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED"} 
[0000330] 223.781 TRACE [server] [127.0.0.1:49832] accepted connection 
[0000331] 223.789 TRACE [session] [127.0.0.1:49832] created: 0xe661e8 (0xe4b670) 
12/22/2018 21:03:04 - ------------------------------------------------------------ 
12/22/2018 21:03:04 - aplay -l 
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** 
card 0: B20 [Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 2.0], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio] 
Subdevices: 0/1 
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 

And this from the DAC Diagnostics on the ultraRendu:

amixer: Mixer hw:0 load error: Protocol error

I've attached screen shots of the DAC Diagnostics - one when music is playing successfully, the other when it's not.

The only thing I’ve tried that temporarily fixes the problem is a hard reboot of the ultraRendu.  It looks like the ultraRendu and my DAC are not communicating as well as they did before this week’s software update.  I haven't made any other system changes.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  

Best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season…

DAC-Diags-Working.png

DAC-Diags-NotWorking.png

Hi I have used a microRendu for about two years with out any problems, until recently it started to require ever more frequent restarts.  Today it seems to have just quit.  Sometimes the web interface (http://www.sonicorbiter.com/#) identifies the unit, other times not.  I can ping the unit, but repeated attempts send back sometimes 0 sometimes, 1, sometimes 2 lost packets.  Lights on the unit show a connection with my network, but Roon no longer identifies it.  Here is the relevant part of the system: Roon Nucleus > Unifi 24 Managed Switch > Synology NAS < MIcroRendu < Schiit Yggradsil.  I have tried obvious things like restarts, reinserting the card, etc.  Any ideas?

Peter