IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We have not offered 2.5 cards in a while. The website states 2.6 and we will be switching to 2.7 this week. 2.6 can be updated to 2.7 via the web GUI. We may hold orders this week to ship out only 2.7.

The need to a 2.5 card update is mentioned in the update information. So, I think, that should be changed, or not?

15 hours ago, karmanfamily said:

yes, but I can;t add the IP address anywhere in the iPeng app.

There isn’t any place or need to enter IP addresses into iPeng. I’m not trying to be a smart ass by asking the obvious but have you switched your microRendu to Squeezelite mode?

6 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

i’m not following you:)

Jesus, I think what he is saying is that the web site says that SO 2.5 is required in order to update to SO 2.7. Apparently you can update from SO 2.4 directly to SO 2.7 by purchasing a new card, SO 2.5 is not specifically required. This should probably be stated clearly on the web page.

What is the difference between SO 2.4 and SO 2.5+? Is this just a card capacity issue?

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

30 minutes ago, Axiom05 said:

Jesus, I think what he is saying is that the web site says that SO 2.5 is required in order to update to SO 2.7. Apparently you can update from SO 2.4 directly to SO 2.7 by purchasing a new card, SO 2.5 is not specifically required. This should probably be stated clearly on the web page.

What is the difference between SO 2.4 and SO 2.5+? Is this just a card capacity issue?

Got it. I can fix that. All back orders will ship with 2.7 though.

13 hours ago, daverich4 said:

There isn’t any place or need to enter IP addresses into iPeng. I’m not trying to be a smart ass by asking the obvious but have you switched your microRendu to Squeezelite mode?

When you go to Setting / Squeezelite and press Save it also activates that output mode.

I upgraded UltraRendu to 2.7 last night and after rebooting uR is stuck in solid RED Led status.  The network LED blinks correctly but uR LED does not go to solid Green even after power cycling it.
I used http://sonicorbiter.com to find my ultraRendu but no luck.

uR is powered by LPS-1 set to 7V which is powered by HDPlex LPSU.  I also tried connecting uR directly to HDPlex but it still stays solid RED. I've check LPS-1 and its working correctly.

I think the upgrade has failed and the software is corrupt on micro SD Card.

Can someone please let me know if its just a SD card replacement or i need to send uR for repair?
5 hours ago, audiocrazy said:

I upgraded UltraRendu to 2.7 last night and after rebooting uR is stuck in solid RED Led status.  The network LED blinks correctly but uR LED does not go to solid Green even after power cycling it.
I used http://sonicorbiter.com to find my ultraRendu but no luck.

uR is powered by LPS-1 set to 7V which is powered by HDPlex LPSU.  I also tried connecting uR directly to HDPlex but it still stays solid RED. I've check LPS-1 and its working correctly.

I think the upgrade has failed and the software is corrupt on micro SD Card.

Can someone please let me know if its just a SD card replacement or i need to send uR for repair?

Just email us and we all send you another SD card. No need to send the unit in for repairs. 

For anyone having difficulty connecting a new DAC to a Rendu, here's a sequence that worked systematically for me.

It assumes you have more than one DAC in the house... 

1. Unplug the Rendu

2. Power the "old" DAC (the one that the Rendu sees no problem), and plug the USB into the Rendu

3. Plug the Rendu to power it up, and go to sonicorbiter.com to access its home page

4. Go to Apps/DAC Diagnostics and make sure you see the old DAC; leave the web page opened

5. Unplug the USB cable from the Rendu (leave the Rendu powered on!)

6. Power the new DAC, plug the USB cable into the new DAC and back into the Rendu

7. Go back to the still opened DAC diagnostics web page and hit Refresh Status, new DAC is likely to show up

In my setup:

new DAC = DSPeaker X4

old DACs = Chord Mojo or Chord Hugo or WooAudio WA7 (they are all recognized systematically by the Rendu in my setup)

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We have been making changes and adding some bug fixes to Sonicorbiter 2.7...please update your units again!

Done, without any problem! Is this for everyone? Then you should sent an email to all users, I guess.

I still have to save my MPD / DLNA Renderer Settings to make my utraRendu visible in A+.

You should mention this in your update mail, I think.

Thanks! Jos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about getting the Ultrarendu purely to improve sound quality. Can Ultrarendu significantly improve the sound quality compared to a very clean USB signal out of the PC? I really like my current setup of Paul Pang v2 -> ifi iSilencer -> Pro iDSD which is galvanically isolated. 

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

Hello gordec,

I have my ultraRendu connected to a Chord Qutest DAC and it seems to me a little better, but certainly not night and day. The reason for me to buy the ultraRendu was to get rid of my 8m USB cable, and I had a problem with my USB Regen feeding my new Qutest DAC. Perhaps you could ask Sonore to try one.

Hello all! I just got my ultraRendu the other day, and am having some difficulties I was hoping to get some guidance on. I realized that I've compiled a fair number of notes while attempting to resolve the issue, so I'll have a simple version and a more detailed version, if that's helpful. I've done some reading, but haven't yet found anything that appears to apply to my situation yet. If there's a resource I've missed that applies to my issue, my apologies, please just point me in the right direction and I'll give it a go!

Setup: 
Ethernet > Sonore ultraRendu (running 2.7) > Lynx Hilo (via USB) > Wyred4Sound STP-SE > speakers

The Simple Version: 

I am able to see the uR and make changes via the Sonicorbiter site, but I am unable to get audio out of the uR via either Roon, JRMC, or BubbleUPnP.  I'm guessing the issue is either in the uR or in the communication between the uR and the Hilo. 

The Detailed Version: 

Problems

• No audio out of uR under any mode I've tried
  • uR shows up on Sonicorbiter site, able to make changes, and confirm connection w/ DAC
  • uR shows up in JRMC 24 (24.0.55) when in MPD/DLNA mode
  • Roon is unable to locate the uR when in RoonReady mode

Troubleshooting Steps

• Switched modes between RoonReady and MPD/DLNA
  • Installed Bubble UPnP app on uR (shows up on Bubble UPnP Android app, but doesn't play)
  • Used different USB cable between uR and Hilo
  • Plugged USB cable directly from computer into Hilo using precise same settings, playback is fine. 
  • Played with multiple different audio files (FLAC and mp3) from different locations (internal storage, external hard drive) from JRMC. Confirmed files work when Surface plugged directly into Hilo
  • I've matched the JRMC settings here
  • Confirmed that Roon is working with Tidal on the Surface, and laptop is connected to internet on same network as ultraRendu
  • Confirmed that MPD/DLNA is active in App Switcher when using that, and that RoonReady is active when attempting to use that
  • Created an Open Home renderer in Bubble UPnP per this post
  • Attempted playback from JRCM 24 on Surface, Roon on Surface, and BubbleUPnP on Android phone
  • Rebooted the device via the web portal and by physically unplugging from the power supply
  • Attempted to play from JRMC 23 and JRMC 24
  • Performed software update and rebooted. 

Notes

• When attempting to play to uR from JRMC in MPD/DLNA mode, on JRMC, it will typically show as playing for the first 5 seconds, stall, jump to 7 seconds, and then uR will disappear as a playback option. No sound while doing this. Now it will still play for 5 seconds and stall, but now the uR doesn't disappear from JRMC. 
  • After spending the day at work, I was going to shoot some tunes up to my Firestick just to have music playing in the background, and on my phone via BubbleUPnP, it showed both the uR and the uR Open Home. It wouldn't play to either of them, but they were there. When I switched it over to the Firestick, music played from the Firestick. 

DAC Diagnostics Info

Lynx Lynx Hilo at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 8
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 
    Data packet interval: 125 us

Capture:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 2 IN (ASYNC)
    Rates: 
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'Hilo Clock Source Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

I'm mildly tech-savvy, but we're getting to the end of my knowledge and comfort level, so I wanted to ask the pros for some direction. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to give!

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Can you verify that the uR still sees the DAC in this mode ?

Do you have any iDevices, and are they showing up in Roon ?

Thank you for the reply! I just tested it, and yes, the uR does see the Hilo in RoonReady mode, DAC Diagnostics info below: 

Lynx Lynx Hilo at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 

Capture:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 2 IN (ASYNC)
    Rates: 
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'Hilo Clock Source Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

And to answer your other question, I do not have any Apple devices, only Android. I did check, though, and my Pixel 2 does show up in Roon on my phone, but not on the desktop acting as a Roon Core. That seems odd, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about Roon to know what that indicates. May I ask what the answer to your question would indicate? 

Thank you again!

Bubble UPnP does not work after I install the app on SonicOrbiter 2.6. 

1. Start SO 2.6
  2. Go to Apps and install BubbleUPnP 0.90
  3. Process completes with message that install is complete and to go back to package manager
  4. I click on the BubbleUPnP Server I can
  5. Webpage goes to http://192.168.54.28:58050/ with the message "Cannot reach this page". Reboot does not work.

How do I debug this?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

7 hours ago, Pepsican said:

Bubble UPnP does not work after I install the app on SonicOrbiter 2.6. 

1. Start SO 2.6
  2. Go to Apps and install BubbleUPnP 0.90
  3. Process completes with message that install is complete and to go back to package manager
  4. I click on the BubbleUPnP Server I can
  5. Webpage goes to http://192.168.54.28:58050/ with the message "Cannot reach this page". Reboot does not work.

How do I debug this?

After you install it you have to reboot. When the unit boot up again and you select the app it can take a while to start. If a white screen comes up just let it work and it will up by itself. This was confirmed on two units here.