IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Just purchased one. I’ll make copy of the next one so I don’t have to spend $20 if the OS poops the bed again. 

And of course after I purchase it I gain access to manage to the uR after cycling the power twice...

I have no idea why it’s being so buggy. 

I have a microRendu with SW 2.3 and wanted to upgrade to 2.6 using the Sonic Orbiter upgrade option in Software Mgr. It said it completed successfully and to reboot the mR.  Rebooted it still said SW 2.3, so I tried again and the upgrade said it had nothing to do. Then I read the FAQ saying I still needed to run http://<sonicTransporter ip>/upgrade25.php using my mR's IP address, but it said "File not found."

Any ideas?

54 minutes ago, brucew said:

Any ideas?

To get to 2.6 from 2.3 you need to get a new microSD card from Sonore for $20.  I'll let @vortecjr tell you how to order it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I recently upgraded the software on my MicroRendu 1.4. While upgrading did allow me to use the shairware app, I now have another issue. The problem I am having is that both the Lumin and Linn apps no longer see the Microrendu. I know it's working properly on the network, as I have been using it with the shairware setting without issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JC

Don't see microRendu in Audirvana Plus for Windows

I am able to detect the microRendu when I run Roon.  However, when I switch the app to MPD/DLNA, I do not detect it in Audirvana for windows.  I rebooted the device and installed the latest software (2.6), but audirvana for windows does not recognize it.

The microRendu is attached to a Oppo Sonica DAC.

Any suggestions?

Bruce

4 hours ago, steveoat said:

Don't see microRendu in Audirvana Plus for Windows

I am able to detect the microRendu when I run Roon.  However, when I switch the app to MPD/DLNA, I do not detect it in Audirvana for windows.  I rebooted the device and installed the latest software (2.6), but audirvana for windows does not recognize it.

The microRendu is attached to a Oppo Sonica DAC.

Any suggestions?

Bruce

For A+ - Go to Settings / MPD DLNA and uncheck the Lumin box and press Save.

1 hour ago, whatcomfalls said:

I successfully installed OS V2.7 but now uR no longer shows up in my network (e.g. as a computer or media device. Any ideas?

I had to reboot twice before it finally showed up.  I installed the Linn Kazoo app on my phone and after switching to the MPD/DLNA mode, the uR shows up in Kazoo but it won't play.  I click on a selection in Tidal and it says it is loading but it never plays.  I then attempted playing music from my NAS and the NAS doesn't show up so it has to be some sort of network glitch.  

9 hours ago, whatcomfalls said:

I finally got it to work by going into the settings for MPD/DLNA and pressing "apply changes"

I did this initially. I can see the uR in Kazoo but when I press play after selecting a Tidal track  it attempts playing but immediately stops. It doesn't see my NAS at all

5 minutes ago, karmanfamily said:

How long does it usually take for the 2.5 fw sd card to be shipped?

We have not offered 2.5 cards in a while. The website states 2.6 and we will be switching to 2.7 this week. 2.6 can be updated to 2.7 via the web GUI. We may hold orders this week to ship out only 2.7.