IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

@sockpit - and promised screenshot, this is the Media Renderer screen as configured for the Aries MINI to get Tidal to work in Linn Kazoo on my Mac.

Again, if someone is wiser than me, please join in...wink.png

25824d1462494885t-microrendu-dummies-aaaazzzz.jpg

Thank you. I'll give it a whirl. First have to go watch my boys game . . .

Good chance I'll try Minimserver on my Mac.

But then, I see there are two Linn apps that should work as iPad control points (remotes): Linn Kazoo and Linn Kinsky.

So two questions:

Would either app work with Minimserver?

And if yes, what's the difference between Kazoo and Kinsky?

Hi Dave. I would characterize Kazoo as an evolution from Kinsky. I started with Kinsky but moved to Kazoo because of the better GUI (IMHO).

Yes both applications work with Minimserver.

Kazoo - Linn's iteration on Kinsky evolved into Kazoo. Tidal integration, better interface...personally I would recommend people go straight to Kazoo.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Hi Dave. I would characterize Kazoo as an evolution from Kinsky. I started with Kinsky but moved to Kazoo because of the better GUI (IMHO).

Yes both applications work with Minimserver.

Kazoo - Linn's iteration on Kinsky evolved into Kazoo. Tidal integration, better interface...personally I would recommend people go straight to Kazoo.

You can also try Lumin. I like its gui better than Kazoo, partially because it allows sorting on AlbumArtist.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

@sockpit - and promised screenshot, this is the Media Renderer screen as configured for the Aries MINI to get Tidal to work in Linn Kazoo on my Mac.

Again, if someone is wiser than me, please join in...wink.png

25824d1462494885t-microrendu-dummies-aaaazzzz.jpg

Thank you. I'll give it a whirl. First have to go watch my boys game . . .

I would add "OH" after the name for the Room.

OK. I've followed baddog and Jesus' instructions for setting up BubbleUPnP on my MBP. And I filled things out exactly as the screen shot is above. (I'm otherwise flying blind, since I understand nothing about how this actually works;)

Do I need to reboot something at this point. I take it that I'm trying to get to the point where I see a Tidal Tile on the Kazoo app, right? I've closed the app and opened it again.

Suggestions?

@sockpit - can you share a screenshot of your Media Renderers Settings?

This is the Network & Security Tab in BubbleServerUnP:

Network.jpg

This is what KAZOO looks like when launched on my Macbook when running Minimserver and BubbleUPnP:

TIDAL.jpg

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Hi. One more request - can you show a screenshot of your Kazoo opening screen when you have a moment? I think you are really close....

Ipad is at home. I'm at the office. But can send later in the day. Thx.

What is the screen shot command for an ipad2. You can understand why I gave this thread its title ;)

I can tell you with certainty that the Kazoo opening screen has just two tiles: My Music and My Playlists. And I have closed the app and reopened it a couple times.

I think this is a dummy question:

What would be the pros/cons of using the SqueezeLite or the MPD output? (I am already using both with my Lampi transport / Auraliti PK90 so I would be ready to use both with the microRendu.

Cheers

What is the screen shot command for an ipad2. You can understand why I gave this thread its title ;)

Push and hold the off button at the side and within 1-2sec push the round button on the screen side frame. You will hear the shutter sound. The screenshot is saved in Pictures.

I think this is a dummy question:

What would be the pros/cons of using the SqueezeLite or the MPD output? (I am already using both with my Lampi transport / Auraliti PK90 so I would be ready to use both with the microRendu.

Cheers

Use whatever you like best.

Hi. One more request - can you show a screenshot of your Kazoo opening screen when you have a moment? I think you are really close....

Here it is. IMG_0171.PNG

Once the Bubble app makes a "uRendu Open Home Renderer", is that what Kazoo is supposed to see instead of simply the Rendu itself as it does in the shot above? Or am I off base? I don't understand how minimserver and the BubbleUPnP server get along together . . .

Yes you need to choose that in Settings.

Can you try this on your Macbook instead of the iPad for a moment?

I downloaded Kazoo onto my MBP and it pulled up "rendu-009786-OH" right away. Logged into Tidal and viola! I thought it might see this OH "device" but also the rendu w/out the OH suffix. The mystery of it all . . .

Thanks so much. I'll have Tidal this weekend. Now the question is why doesn't the app see it. Its an old ipad2. Perhaps I should delete the app and renown load? Closing and reopening the app has not been successful.

@sockit - first off, nice work! Glad it is working on the Macbook. I mistakenly thought, until I saw that last screenshot that you posted, that you intended to run on the Macbook, I will try this on my iPad later today and let you know if it does or does not work for me on an iPad.

Thx. Couldn't have gotten far without your sticking with it and me.

The kazoo did do sometime a bit odd. Played abou 15 seconds of song and the skipped to another track. Twice in a row. After that it's been stable so far.

I think I have more good news for you. I too had Linn Kazoo on my iPad Mini and it would not pick up Tidal.

So I deleted Linn Kazoo off the iPad and did a new download. Launched and this time voila', we have Tidal.

I suspect that will work for you too.

p.s. hopefully those two skips were just the software messing with you...

So for what it's worth: With much help from baddog, I've been able to get Tidal to run. To review: I did this by installing both Minimserver and BubbleUPnP on my MBP which is on my network via wi-fi. The Kazoo app on my iPad2 found my stored music (on the MBP) and was able to control that fine. But it refused to show the Tidal tile even after I deleted it and re-downloaded it, per baddog's good luck above. So I downloaded Kazoo on my MBP and it was able to show the Tidal tile (it also said it recognized "rendu-009786-OH", i.e., the name with the suffice I gave it when I created the Open Home renderer in BubbleUPnP. The only problem is: it skipped to the next track at will. Annoying to say the least.

Looking through Jesus instructions, I noticed that he recommends putting BubbleUPnP directly on the uRendu. So I uninstalled the BubbleUPnP on my MBP, installed it per his instructions directly on uRendu. Once again, the Kazoo application on the MBP shows the Tidal tile (and plays it), while the app on the iPad does not (it does see my stored music).

Curiously, this time around the device indicated on the Kazoo app is called simply "rendu-009786" without the OH suffix. Unfortunately the random skipping to the next song continues at a rate of about once per song, which of course means I'm scarcely able to hear a tune from start to finish. :(

I may try to reboot a bunch of things.

Suggestions?

So for what it's worth: With much help from baddog, I've been able to get Tidal to run. To review: I did this by installing both Minimserver and BubbleUPnP on my MBP which is on my network via wi-fi. The Kazoo app on my iPad2 found my stored music (on the MBP) and was able to control that fine. But it refused to show the Tidal tile even after I deleted it and re-downloaded it, per baddog's good luck above. So I downloaded Kazoo on my MBP and it was able to show the Tidal tile (it also said it recognized "rendu-009786-OH", i.e., the name with the suffice I gave it when I created the Open Home renderer in BubbleUPnP. The only problem is: it skipped to the next track at will. Annoying to say the least.

Looking through Jesus instructions, I noticed that he recommends putting BubbleUPnP directly on the uRendu. So I uninstalled the BubbleUPnP on my MBP, installed it per his instructions directly on uRendu. Once again, the Kazoo application on the MBP shows the Tidal tile (and plays it), while the app on the iPad does not (it does see my stored music).

Curiously, this time around the device indicated on the Kazoo app is called simply "rendu-009786" without the OH suffix. Unfortunately the random skipping to the next song continues at a rate of about once per song, which of course means I'm scarcely able to hear a tune from start to finish. :(

I may try to reboot a bunch of things.

Suggestions?

I did some looking around in Google and there are a lot of reports about Tidal skipping while playing a track. In regards to the iPad not seeing the renderer my guess is that it's on a different network. If your iPad has a mobile service plan you need to turn off the cellar signal (Airplane mode on) and then turn on Wi-Fi and select the appropriate wireless network.

Been doing this streaming thing now for 6 months and not a single issue.

I'd give the BubbleUPnP app a try on an Android device.

MinimServer + BubbleUPnP Server installed on both Synology NAS and Raspberry Pi.

I do have an iPad, just never tried it though. I've enough issues streaming anything video on any Apple device in the house, even from simple Windows share in Windows 7, 8, and 10.

Cannot think of anything else. I stream from a local library of over 40K tracks, over 2500 albums, and sources like Tidal, Spotify, Google Music, plus over 30 streaming services like iHeartRadio, lots of classic rock stations, etc. Not a single issue till date. And I use simple $35 devices like Chromecast Audio and Raspberry Pi as endpoints.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther