IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I logged in and the unit was working properly. For testing going forward do not disconnect the ethernet cable unless you are also going to reboot the unit. If you continue to have issues let me know and we will try a unit swap with some secret sauce:)  

Also, it was reported that the USB DAC is also not playing nice with a pi based unit. That is okay though because we are not just some other pi based Linux unit and we will get this working for him.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:28 PM, vortecjr said:

Here is what I think is going on. Sonicorbiter.com remembers the mR, but it’s not actually seeing the unit because it’s not booting up. More likely than not the micro SD card is bad. Pick up a new micro SR card from our website under Software. 

Done. Will see what happens with 2.8 card.

Jesus,

I had someone buy my microRendu and claim that the attached board inside the case came loose during shipping it to them and that the unit is not working. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being very easy) how easy it for that board to separate from the main PCB during shipping?

-Fred

3 hours ago, oneguy said:

Jesus,

I had someone buy my microRendu and claim that the attached board inside the case came loose during shipping it to them and that the unit is not working. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being very easy) how easy it for that board to separate from the main PCB during shipping?

-Fred

i'm so sorry this happened to you -- the circumstances certainly sound odd -- never have read about anything like this happening before. do you have pictures or has the unit been returned to you? i'm pretty sure @vortecjr will wonder about whether there's an issue with the sd card.

i had someone do something similar to me once -- he insisted that one of the woofers was seized when received (not true -- tech support said that seizing only happens when over-driven) and the gloss black speakers color with small metallic flakes in the finish had gotten paint all splattered all over them.  it was mind boggling . . . 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
37 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

i'm so sorry this happened to you -- the circumstances certainly sound odd -- never have read about anything like this happening before. do you have pictures or has the unit been returned to you? i'm pretty sure @vortecjr will wonder about whether there's an issue with the sd card.

i had someone do something similar to me once -- he insisted that one of the woofers was seized when received (not true -- tech support said that seizing only happens when over-driven) and the gloss black speakers color with small metallic flakes in the finish had gotten paint all splattered all over them.  it was mind boggling . . . 

It was returned to me. I’ll  take it apart later this evening and edit this post with photos. The mR starts up but doesn’t recognize any DACs now. 

5 hours ago, oneguy said:

Jesus,

-Fred

It's not something we worry about during shipment. I have heard of people dropping a units it happening but even this is very rare and very easy to fix. 

13 hours ago, jcn3 said:

One thing to consider with all the crazy things happing in the world is people may need to return things for whatever reason.    

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

Line paper...I haven't seen line paper since kindergarten:)

It only goes in one way so align it carefully and press it down. 

Yeah it’s my 2nd grader’s. His school table is by one of the last windows with light this time of day. I re-assembled them after  checking the strength of the connection inside earlier today and the DAC still wasn’t seen.

1 minute ago, oneguy said:

Yeah it’s my 2nd grader’s. His school table is by one of the last windows with light this time of day. I re-assembled them after  checking the strength of the connection inside earlier today and the DAC still wasn’t seen.

Avoid hot swapping the USB device. Power off the DAC and the Rendu. Power on the DAC then the Rendu in that order. Check Apps / DAC Diagnostics for your DAC to be listed. 

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Avoid hot swapping the USB device. Power off the DAC and the Rendu. Power on the DAC then the Rendu in that order. Check Apps / DAC Diagnostics for your DAC to be listed. 

Still doesn’t recognize the DAC in DAC Diagnostics. 

On 4/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, dmagnus1 said:

Done. Will see what happens with 2.8 card.

Received the 2.8 SD and plugged it in, rebooted, and the uR is recognized and working properly. Glad it wasn't anything more expensive than a $28 fix! That's a new World's Record for me!

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently using:   iMac (catalina)  > Audivarna > Ultrarendu > Giesler dac 

I'd like to retire my radio tuner and start using internet radio on the mac.

I'm having trouble getting the Rendu to stream anything other than via Audivarna.

I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing here, but what?  

Any ideas?

Also can anyone recommend good radio apps - Apple Music no longer supports internet radio. 

Thanks a lot

Russ

Gieseler Gros dac, Ultrarendu with Gieseler PSU, Audivarna, iMac

Elektra Reference  pre/power, B&W805 d3

14 hours ago, Thibaw said:

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the Rendu to stream anything other than via Audivarna.

Any ideas?

Also can anyone recommend good radio apps - Apple Music no longer supports internet radio. 

Thanks a lot

Russ

If you want to change the output protocols go to Settings and press Save. 

The Rendu has Logitech Media Server available from Apps / Software Manager. LMS streams many radio stations and is very easy to use. Use LMS with the SqueezeLite output protocol.     

On 4/13/2020 at 3:21 AM, Thibaw said:

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Russ

You can use AirPlay/Shairport to stream anything playing on your iMac to the Rendu. I use TuneIn for lots of local stations.