IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

6 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I then disconnected and reconnected the power cable and hard rebooted again

Mike, please note that disconnecting the power cable is never necessary with the Signature: turning off the back panel switch completely shuts down all power to the main board.

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem.  I have never had single Signature have this problem here (end up "bricked"), even with early releases of 2.8, so i ama a little curious as to what could be the problem.

If you are interested in trying again, I would suggest doing this:

With the Signature powered down from the back panel switch, insert the 2.8 card again.

Now power up from the back panel switch, and watch the rear panel LED as it boots.

The LED should start out Red, then it should go Orange, and finally become Green.

If/when you get a green LED on the back panel, open sonicorbiter.com and the Signature should be present.

When you did the software update and then re-booted, the sonicorbiter web page timed out before the Signature was fully booted, this is actually common, and the fix is just to be a little patient and wait until the LED on the back panel shows green, and then refresh the sonicorbiter web page.  I do not know why sonicorbiter.com times out before the re-boot is complete, but this is common.  I would suggest getting in the habit of looking at the back panel LED to understand the status of the Signature.  If you have more time now, i will be around online for a bit here to help.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

26 minutes ago, barrows said:

Mike, please note that disconnecting the power cable is never necessary with the Signature: turning off the back panel switch completely shuts down all power to the main board.

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem.  I have never had single Signature have this problem here (end up "bricked"), even with early releases of 2.8, so i ama a little curious as to what could be the problem.

If you are interested in trying again, I would suggest doing this:

With the Signature powered down from the back panel switch, insert the 2.8 card again.

Now power up from the back panel switch, and watch the rear panel LED as it boots.

The LED should start out Red, then it should go Orange, and finally become Green.

If/when you get a green LED on the back panel, open sonicorbiter.com and the Signature should be present.

When you did the software update and then re-booted, the sonicorbiter web page timed out before the Signature was fully booted, this is actually common, and the fix is just to be a little patient and wait until the LED on the back panel shows green, and then refresh the sonicorbiter web page.  I do not know why sonicorbiter.com times out before the re-boot is complete, but this is common.  I would suggest getting in the habit of looking at the back panel LED to understand the status of the Signature.  If you have more time now, i will be around online for a bit here to help.

Forgot to mention that the light on the back has been red since the update.

I just removed and reinserted the card and turned on the power.  Back in a minute to let you know whether it returned to green.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

We are back in business here.  Reinserting the card was all that I had to do to get the unit recognized in the browser and saving the dlna app was all that I had to do to get music up and running.  Thanks for your help.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Hey Mike, glad it is it is working now!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I have been using an upgraded mRendu for several years to render Roon feed from a sonicTransporter i5 to an Exogal Comet Plus DAC. I recently had to purchase a SGC power supply for the mR when the original iFi power supply failed. Everything had been working fine after replacing the PS. Last week I assembled a second system in the basement comprising a Naim Dac being fed by an ultraRendu that is rendering a Roon feed from the same ST. The new system is working great, but I now find that I cannot play Roon to my original mR in the den. When I check in Roon Settings, the mR is NOT listed under the Audio tab, but the uR and all my Sonos gear is. When I view the ST homepage on my network, it appears that the ST recognizes both renderers, and I have rebooted the mR several times, as well as rebooted the ST. Despite all this, I still cannot see my mR listed in the Audio tab of Roon Settings and cannot play to it.

Is there some incompatibility where the mR and the uR cannot both co-exist in Roon at the same time? That would seem surprising to me. I suspect the problem is elsewhere but I have exhausted my meager tech abilities and wonder if anyone has any idea of how to proceed. Yes, I have downloaded the latest versions of software to the ST and Rendu's...

Thanks for any help offered. I will check back to monitor this topic periodically - my wife has me doing all sorts of stuff while we are "sheltering in place"...

ericuco - thanks - that explains that. Since everything was working well with 2.7, I assume the answer is elsewhere.

BCRich - thanks - Yes, mR Roon Ready was enabled. 

Curiously, now on my sonicoribiter GUI I can see my mR but not play Roon to it, and I cannot see my uRendu, but Roon does, and plays to it just fine.

I just realized that I started a new topic by mistake, instead of posting this under the existing Rendu Support thread, so I am going to copy it over there. Thanks for your responses.

I have been using an upgraded mRendu for several years to render Roon feed from a sonicTransporter i5 to an Exogal Comet Plus DAC. I recently had to purchase a SGC power supply for the mR when the original iFi power supply failed. Everything had been working fine after replacing the PS. Last week I assembled a second system in the basement comprising a Naim Dac being fed by an ultraRendu that is rendering a Roon feed from the same ST. The new system is working great, but I now find that I cannot play Roon to my original mR in the den. When I check in Roon Settings, the mR is NOT listed under the Audio tab, but the uR and all my Sonos gear is. When I view the ST homepage on my network, it appears that the ST recognizes both renderers***, and I have rebooted the mR several times, as well as rebooted the ST. Despite all this, I still cannot see my mR listed in the Audio tab of Roon Settings and cannot play to it.

Is there some incompatibility where the mR and the uR cannot both co-exist in Roon at the same time? That would seem surprising to me. I suspect the problem is elsewhere but I have exhausted my meager tech abilities and wonder if anyone has any idea of how to proceed. Yes, I have downloaded the latest versions of software to the ST and Rendu's...

Thanks for any help offered. I will check back to monitor this topic periodically.

***CORRECTION - one day later - the ST GUI lists the mRendu but Roon cannot play to it. It does NOT list the uRendu but Roon recognizes and plays to it just fine. 

1268547213_ScreenShot2020-03-25at2_48_14PM.png.2f57ec3a19e4d8a22c7d74033edc1190.png

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Did you swap the cards on the units? 

Nope. The uRendu is 2.8 but doesn't show up on the ST GUI, but it was there yesterday. It is recognized in Roon/Settings/Audio tab, and plays fine. Just don't see it on ST GUI. And the mRendu that I do see on the ST GUI is NOT recognized in Roon/Settings/Audio and is not listed on Roon/Zones

2 hours ago, BCRich said:

I would try rebooting your network and all associated devices, also close the Roon App and reopen it.....bizarre!

I've done quite a bit of rebooting but haven't rebooted the whole network (router). I'll try that too - but probably tomorrow. I'm up to my elbows tonight in COVID-related hospital stuff. I'll try to be back tomorrow night. Thanks again for the help.

11 minutes ago, dmagnus1 said:

Nope. The uRendu is 2.8 but doesn't show up on the ST GUI, but it was there yesterday. It is recognized in Roon/Settings/Audio tab, and plays fine. Just don't see it on ST GUI. And the mRendu that I do see on the ST GUI is NOT recognized in Roon/Settings/Audio and is not listed on Roon/Zones

What IP address does Roon say the ultraRendu has? Roon will not see the microRendu until the DAC is listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

25 minutes ago, dmagnus1 said:

What IP address does Roon say the ultraRendu has? Roon will not see the microRendu until the DAC is listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

What happens if you enter 192.168.1.140 into your browser? 

On 3/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, Sebastian T. said:

I've just purchased an Ultrarendu and, while the SQ is very good, I'm having some problems when I play high sample rates. Both when listening with roon/hqplayer, at high sample rates (PCM768 and even PCM705) I get random static sound in the right speaker. What can I do about this? :( 

This is likely a issue with the HQP setup. Drop down to 3xx PCM and see if it still happens.

9 minutes ago, Sebastian T. said:

I did. At 3xx there's no static. However, Roon upsampling to PCM7XX also gets the DAC into trouble with static coming out of the speaker. 

Then there is likely a bottleneck in your network somewhere. Sometimes the higher rates require that Flow Control be enabled. This would require a switch in front of the uRendu that supports Flow Control and it also needs to be active at the server or router end as well. There are many other potential causes so if you don't wish to track it down just be happy with 3xx PCM. There really isn't much of a difference and it also is DAC dependent as to whether you would hear any improvement with 7xx.

25 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Then there is likely a bottleneck in your network somewhere. Sometimes the higher rates require that Flow Control be enabled. This would require a switch in front of the uRendu that supports Flow Control and it also needs to be active at the server or router end as well. There are many other potential causes so if you don't wish to track it down just be happy with 3xx PCM. There really isn't much of a difference and it also is DAC dependent as to whether you would hear any improvement with 7xx.

I do wish to track it down. And I did a test having both the computer and the Ultrarendu connected by wire to my Asus RT68u router with no luck. I got the same static I got when having the Ultrarendu connected to the network through a wifi extender. However, I don't know much about enabling Flow Control on my router. Don't even know if that's possible.

48 minutes ago, Sebastian T. said:

I do wish to track it down. And I did a test having both the computer and the Ultrarendu connected by wire to my Asus RT68u router with no luck. I got the same static I got when having the Ultrarendu connected to the network through a wifi extender. However, I don't know much about enabling Flow Control on my router. Don't even know if that's possible.

Before you look at the network, If you can, borrow another DAC that is 7xx capable just to make sure it is not your current DAC that is the problem. The USB implementation of some DACs may not have been designed for this rate. If it is your network then a switch in front of the uRendu like this one that supports Flow Control might help: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Streaming-Advanced-Ethernet/dp/B01MU3GE5L I have one in between my ASUS RT AC 88U and my uRendu. Also, I have Roon and HQP running on a Win 10/64 machine and Flow Control is enabled there as well. I do not think ASUS routers support Flow Control in their software. Also, do not use wifi for high rate transfer. 7xx up-sampling results in a 49Mbps stream when carried to the DAC in a 32 bit container. This is very hard for wifi to sustain. Lastly, check all of your HQP settings especially buffers.   Good Luck!

33 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Before you look at the network, If you can, borrow another DAC that is 7xx capable just to make sure it is not your current DAC that is the problem. The USB implementation of some DACs may not have been designed for this rate. If it is your network then a switch in front of the uRendu like this one that supports Flow Control might help: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Streaming-Advanced-Ethernet/dp/B01MU3GE5L I have one in between my ASUS RT AC 88U and my uRendu. Also, I have Roon and HQP running on a Win 10/64 machine and Flow Control is enabled there as well. I do not think ASUS routers support Flow Control in their software. Also, do not use wifi for high rate transfer. 7xx up-sampling results in a 49Mbps stream when carried to the DAC in a 32 bit container. This is very hard for wifi to sustain. Lastly, check all of your HQP settings especially buffers.   Good Luck!

Flow control would something worth looking into. I’m not sure what version of SO he is running, but a I would also think about updating it.