Jump to content
sockpit

Rendu Support Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The SqueezeLite protocol appears to have issues with your DAC. Go to Apps / Settings and for format select the 32 bit formats instead of Auto. Also try a Switching Rate Delay of 1000. 

 

When selecting the 32bit sample rate, the 192khz file plays! Thanks!! I did not try the switching rate delay but will do so if I run into issues. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackfiction said:

 

When selecting the 32bit sample rate, the 192khz file plays! Thanks!! I did not try the switching rate delay but will do so if I run into issues. 

 

Thank you. I can’t recall having to do that before. Enjoy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, please help. After removing all equipment I replaced it and now the Ultrarendu had only one green led on the network cable and a orange status led. The Ulrarendu does not show up at my sonicorbitor .com ?

 

What can I do?


Kii Three / Kii Control / Uptone Iso Regen LPS 1.2 / Ultrarendu with LPS 1.2 / FMC LPS1.2 / Roon Rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, simonp said:

Hi, please help. After removing all equipment I replaced it and now the Ultrarendu had only one green led on the network cable and a orange status led. The Ulrarendu does not show up at my sonicorbitor .com ?

 

What can I do?

Reboot all your network gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, vortecjr said:

Reboot all your network gear.

Hi Jezus, I send a mail about this.


Kii Three / Kii Control / Uptone Iso Regen LPS 1.2 / Ultrarendu with LPS 1.2 / FMC LPS1.2 / Roon Rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a used Sonore Signature Rendu SE with the optical input. I just received it about an hour ago and was terribly excited about getting it hooked up and listening to it. Well, I'm frustrated as hell because I can't see it on my network and the documentation and support, both on Small Green Computers and Sonore sites, is nearly non-existent. It boggles the mind that a company would sell a component for nearly $4k and provide no documentation or support. Am I really suppose to search thru user forums looking for answers? This may have been a mistake..............Arthur Ott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ArthurOtt said:

Am I really suppose to search thru user forums looking for answers?

Paging @vortecjr customer needs assistance.


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will try to help you out,

On the sonore home page did you click on "find my unit"?

If you did and it said no unit found, you may have to disconnect and reconnect your Ethernet cable or your optical cable.

In either case, if you do not have a connection to the internet or the unit has not finished booting up it will not be seen in sonicorbitor.

If you have "found your unit" in sonicorbitor, click on "manage" and go to apps and click DAC diagnostics to see if the Rendu sees your DAC via USB.

If it does not, try power cycling your DAC, then run DAC diagnostics again, once the Rendu sees your DAC you have an option to set the DAC to max volume.

You may also have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to get it recognized.

After you get through these steps, then you can set up Roon and NAA for HQPlayer, which is another set of steps to follow.

I feel your frustration, I have been there and worked through it.

Not being an IT wiz myself, sometimes I find that networked audio totally sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx, after 4 hours of troubleshooting and guess-work thx to the lack of documentation I have it working. I've used numerous streamers over the last few years, including the Auralic Aries G1 which I thought this SSR_SE might replace, and none of them were this use-unfriendly. Christ, if I didn't have a working knowledge of networks I would have never been able to get this working. Thx for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, vortecjr said:

Nice work...enjoy!

 

(I'm trying to be calm....)

 

I apparently celebrated too soon.  Two weeks ago I thought I solved my intermittent network disconnection problem by going into my Verizon Fios router and setting the IP address to 'static'.  Since then, no more drop-outs every10-15 mins.

 

This evening.... the problem's back worse than before.   It seems to be losing connection faster and then inexplicably reconnecting moments later.  To make matters worse, I seem to be unable to reset my router back to 'dynamic' mode (i.e. not static).  No easy backwards step there.  I feel completely out of my depth messing around with advanced router settings, in any case.

 

What to do next?  I've tried rebooting the router, powering down my microRendu and restarting it.  Resaving all the settings etc. Multiple times.  After 2 years owning a mR I've become familiar with the fun and games of saving settings etc.  These days my mR often seems unwilling to reboot.  Sometimes yes - sometimes no.

 

This is completely ridiculous. My microRendu was only upgraded to 1.4 two years ago.  

 

Dead already?  Tell me it's not so.

 

 

 


Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> AQ Vodka --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> USPCB --> Schiit Eitr --> AQ Coffee --> Hegel HD25 --> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

 

(I'm trying to be calm....)

 

I apparently celebrated too soon.  Two weeks ago I thought I solved my intermittent network disconnection problem by going into my Verizon Fios router and setting the IP address to 'static'.  Since then, no more drop-outs every10-15 mins.

 

This evening.... the problem's back worse than before.   It seems to be losing connection faster and then inexplicably reconnecting moments later.  To make matters worse, I seem to be unable to reset my router back to 'dynamic' mode (i.e. not static).  No easy backwards step there.  I feel completely out of my depth messing around with advanced router settings, in any case.

 

What to do next?  I've tried rebooting the router, powering down my microRendu and restarting it.  Resaving all the settings etc. Multiple times.  After 2 years owning a mR I've become familiar with the fun and games of saving settings etc.  These days my mR often seems unwilling to reboot.  Sometimes yes - sometimes no.

 

This is completely ridiculous. My microRendu was only upgraded to 1.4 two years ago.  

 

Dead already?  Tell me it's not so.

It’s time at minimum for a new SD card or to send the unit in for a look see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It’s time at minimum for a new SD card or to send the unit in for a look see. 

He may also need a TeamViewer support session from someone to check out his router settings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bobflood said:

He may also need a TeamViewer support session from someone to check out his router settings. 

 

Now that would be wonderful.  Is this possible?

 

Frankly the possibilities are all over the place.  I'm not even 100% sure my mR is at fault...it appears the drop-outs are worse (more frequent) with Roon.  When I use Audirvana they seem much less frequent - yet, they still randomly occur.

 

So yes I could buy a new SD card (does anyone have a clue if Sonore products are backed by a manufacturer's warranty?  It seems premature, to put it kindly, that I'm having to replace solid state components less than 2 years old).  Until I'm sure that the problem repeats itself with A+ as well as Roon, I'll probably hold off replacing the card.

 

Don't you wish these things just worked?


Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> AQ Vodka --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> USPCB --> Schiit Eitr --> AQ Coffee --> Hegel HD25 --> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It’s time at minimum for a new SD card or to send the unit in for a look see. 

 

OK I've ordered a new SD card - let's see if that works.

 

 


Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> AQ Vodka --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> USPCB --> Schiit Eitr --> AQ Coffee --> Hegel HD25 --> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

 

Now that would be wonderful.  Is this possible?

 

Frankly the possibilities are all over the place.  I'm not even 100% sure my mR is at fault...it appears the drop-outs are worse (more frequent) with Roon.  When I use Audirvana they seem much less frequent - yet, they still randomly occur.

 

So yes I could buy a new SD card (does anyone have a clue if Sonore products are backed by a manufacturer's warranty?  It seems premature, to put it kindly, that I'm having to replace solid state components less than 2 years old).  Until I'm sure that the problem repeats itself with A+ as well as Roon, I'll probably hold off replacing the card.

 

Don't you wish these things just worked?

It's entirely possible that it's a network issue. If the unit is dropping off of the network the different outputs selected should not influence the behavior. 

 

If your unit is two years old it is out of warranty. If you buy a new card it will have a 1 year warranty.

 

We have a lot of units in the field and people are bound to have issues. A new SD card usually solves most issues, but with a persistent network issue, which may be outside of our control, its hard to say if a new SD card will fix things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hi. My ultraRendu arrived today and I'm having trouble getting my compute to recognize it. I Would appreciate any help. 

 

Here is my setup: 

 

I have a 2018 Mac Mini I've been using with my USB DAC. I listen only to local music and have zero need of any streaming or Internet connectivity for my music. There is no Internet in my music room except via wifi. 

 

First I tried connecting the ultraRendu directly to my Mac over Ethernet. Someone from Sonore told me a while ago this would work. Doesn't get recognized at all on sonicorbiter.com.

 

Next, I tried hooking up a router. So the chain goes Mac Mini (which is connected to Internet only through wifi) to router (not connected to Internet at all, unless it's sharing the Mac's connection somehow) to the ultraRendu. Still doesn't get recognized at all. 

 

Is an Internet connection necessary to move the music files 6 inches from my Mac to the Rendu? Is there another conceivable problem? The LED on the back is glowing orange, if that means anything. 

 

Thanks a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I finally got it to be recognized when I went out and bought a 10m Ethernet cable to hook the ultraRendu directly up to my main router. So now I know that the router has to be connected to the Internet. This doesn't work long term, however, since I can't have an Ethernet cord spanning my house. Nor do I want to, since my computer is literally a few inches away from the Rendu and it seems ridiculous I need an Internet connection to transfer the files those few inches. My Mac has an Internet connection via wifi--is there any way I can use that?

 

Is there any way around this? Thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zachawry said:

Alright, I finally got it to be recognized when I went out and bought a 10m Ethernet cable to hook the ultraRendu directly up to my main router. So now I know that the router has to be connected to the Internet. This doesn't work long term, however, since I can't have an Ethernet cord spanning my house. Nor do I want to, since my computer is literally a few inches away from the Rendu and it seems ridiculous I need an Internet connection to transfer the files those few inches. My Mac has an Internet connection via wifi--is there any way I can use that?

 

Is there any way around this? Thanks. 

 

 

the ultrarendu does not have the ability to assign a static ip address to itself, so it must be connected to a router.

 

you can't connect the ultrarendu only to the mac because the mac has no ability to assign the ultrarendu an ip address.

 

if you're more network savvy, you can add a second ethernet port to the mac and set the mac up in bridge mode (effectively making it a switch). you could then connect the mac to the router and the ultrarendu to the mac. there are multiple threads on setting up computers in bridge mode.  i haven't done it personally, so don't know exactly how tricky it is to make it work.


source:  intel nuc8i5 (roon rock) > intel nuc6i5 (win 10, ao, roon bridge, dirac v1) > schiit yggdrasil (gen 5, analog 2)
headphone rig:  bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
two-channel rig:  luminous audio axiom ii xlr walker mod > parasound a21 > monitor audio gx100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zachawry said:

Alright, I finally got it to be recognized when I went out and bought a 10m Ethernet cable to hook the ultraRendu directly up to my main router. So now I know that the router has to be connected to the Internet. This doesn't work long term, however, since I can't have an Ethernet cord spanning my house. Nor do I want to, since my computer is literally a few inches away from the Rendu and it seems ridiculous I need an Internet connection to transfer the files those few inches. My Mac has an Internet connection via wifi--is there any way I can use that?

 

Is there any way around this? Thanks. 

 

Zachawry, 

 

The Rendu does not need to be connected to the “internet”.  It does need  an IP address on your LAN (local area network).  Almost all devices by default get their address from the Router on the network assigning that address using a protocol called DHCP.  

 

You can operate as you are now until you learn more about network bridging.  Then you can  set up a network bridge on your Mac to relay the IP traffic needed on the network.  Below is a help article to give you some more info.

 

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/bridge-virtual-network-interfaces-on-mac-mh43557/mac

 

There is a lot of discussion about using Macs in audio systems here on the forum including some stuff on bridging.  

 

It is not hard, just different!

 

What software are you going to use to play music?  You have to get the Rendu setup to talk to that!.

 

Bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bobfa said:

Zachawry, 

 

The Rendu does not need to be connected to the “internet”.  It does need  an IP address on your LAN (local area network).  Almost all devices by default get their address from the Router on the network assigning that address using a protocol called DHCP.  

 

You can operate as you are now until you learn more about network bridging.  Then you can  set up a network bridge on your Mac to relay the IP traffic needed on the network.  Below is a help article to give you some more info.

 

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/bridge-virtual-network-interfaces-on-mac-mh43557/mac

 

There is a lot of discussion about using Macs in audio systems here on the forum including some stuff on bridging.  

 

It is not hard, just different!

 

What software are you going to use to play music?  You have to get the Rendu setup to talk to that!.

 

Bob

 

Thanks Bob. Your link is likely up to date compared to this one:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/27933-sonicorbiter-direct-connection-to-a-macpc-beta/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...