IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Sounds like this might be a topic for ROON support forums?  It seems like the settings in ROON are what will allow a feed to both endpoints simultaneously.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

I have recently noticed Roon has become slower. The Roon forum has a number of users complaining and they are trying to sort this out. The only change in my system is the upgrade to the optical Signature rendu SE. any chance this could affect how fast Roon works? Internet speed is fast and using sonictransporter i7 for Roon core. 

Slower in what sense?  I am using ROON with the Signature Rendu SE (optical) and have not noticed anything "slower".

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, soares said:

Hi Jesus,

Just to let you know that I've placed an order (ORDER #SE1159) last Tuesday for an opticalmodule and so far  it was not shipped. 

Have you got an idea on when it will be sent? 

Thank you,

Jorge Soares

p.s.  I also sent you a message using the sonore email address

I suspect that it has shipped by now...  Please remember Sonore is a small company, and last week through the weekend, most of us were traveling to, exhibiting at, and traveling back from The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and so some orders will be delayed by a few days or so.

SONORE computer audio

47 minutes ago, soares said:

Thank you so much Barrows!

That's perfectly understandable. Just wanted to know if there was already a date for shipment.

And yes please share with us some info on the RMAF! 🙂

Kind regards,

Jorge 

There is a pretty decent thread here on these forums about RMAF....  Right now it is back to work for me, as we do get a little behind while dealing with all the show stuff!

SONORE computer audio

• 6 months later...

I am using the Signature Rendu SEoptical, and have no problems playing DSD 256 all the time.  I also play 512 occasionally, but I have found that 512 does not perform as well with my DAC(s).  256 usually ends up being the sweet spot for me.

I do not use any tricks, firmware 2.8 with all the latest updates, if you have not updated the firmware recently, be sure to do an update.  My set up is simple: Mac Mini with ROON-CAT 6A-Router-CAT 6A-opticalModule-optical cable-Signature Rendu SEoptical.  I also had no difficulties playing DSD 256 all the time with the Signature before the optical version.  I have also used HQPlayer, but just a  little bit so far.

Usually, if one is getting static/noise while trying to play high sample rates, the problem lies in the communication between the USB interface and the DAC, not getting on the same page when it comes to clock rates.  Make sure you have some buffer set for sample rate changes, such that the DAC has some time to establish a lock.  In ROON this buffer setting can be found by going into "device setup" and setting some time for DAC syncing, I use 500 mS.  Make sure to try with the most simple set up possible as well, remove the Etheregen for example, to make sure it is not causing any problems.  Also, make sure you have a good (verified) USB cable  (and no USB widgets) between the Signature and MSB interface.

SONORE computer audio

Hi Geoff.  I can play DSD 512 here without difficulty via the Signature.  Have you ever had DSD 512 playback working with your MSB by any means?  Can you test it via USB direct from a computer to verify that DSD 512 does work on that DAC?

It looks to me like you have tried all the relevant "fixes", and I now suspect something is going on with the DAC, if you could verify it works with DSD 512 via another source that would be helpful.  USB 2 cables are what you need, I am confident that most Nordost USB actually meet the spec, so you should be good there-I use a Nordost TYR2 USB cable, and it works fine for DSD 512.

Ohh, just one other thing to check, I assumed you already did this, but we should just check: Is the Signature Rendu set to output "Native DSD" via its settings in sonic orbiter.com for ROON?

I am going to take a quick look at the specs for the MSB USB interface...

SONORE computer audio

@Geoff368,  I saw this at MSB's site as a description of the Pro USB, does your DAC have the noted firmware update which allows DSD x8?

Key Features

• 768kHz PCM Playback
  • 8x DSD support*
  • Full MQA decoding*
  • 100% Electrical isolation between the DAC and server/computer
  • Uses the audio clock from the DAC
  • Supports ProISL cable lengths up to 1km without any loss
  • Requires ProISL Input module in the DAC
  • Will only work with current DACs (Discrete, Premier, Reference, and Select)

*8x DSD and MQA support require firmware updates in the DAC

I also saw this, which seems to suggest the source must be a "PC" for 8x DSD support:

-Fully synchronous to the DAC

-Offers 100% electrical isolation between source and DAC

-Works with most music server and computer systems that support USB audio

-Uses the ProISL interface with error correction and detection

-Virtually limitless in cable lengths (up to 1km) between the USB module and the DAC

-Works at rates up to 24/768kHz and 8xDSD (with a PC)

Have you tried contacting MSB directly and confirming whether DSD 512 is possible with a Linux based source?

SONORE computer audio

9 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I spoke too early.  I ran a firmware update, as Adrian’s note suggested, the routine completed, I rebooted, and .... nothing.  I can’t access the unit at all, using MySonicOrbiter or directly.  It’s bricked.

Back to 2.7?

Mike, when you say "nothing", exactly what happened after the software update?

SONORE computer audio

6 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I then disconnected and reconnected the power cable and hard rebooted again

Mike, please note that disconnecting the power cable is never necessary with the Signature: turning off the back panel switch completely shuts down all power to the main board.

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem.  I have never had single Signature have this problem here (end up "bricked"), even with early releases of 2.8, so i ama a little curious as to what could be the problem.

If you are interested in trying again, I would suggest doing this:

With the Signature powered down from the back panel switch, insert the 2.8 card again.

Now power up from the back panel switch, and watch the rear panel LED as it boots.

The LED should start out Red, then it should go Orange, and finally become Green.

If/when you get a green LED on the back panel, open sonicorbiter.com and the Signature should be present.

When you did the software update and then re-booted, the sonicorbiter web page timed out before the Signature was fully booted, this is actually common, and the fix is just to be a little patient and wait until the LED on the back panel shows green, and then refresh the sonicorbiter web page.  I do not know why sonicorbiter.com times out before the re-boot is complete, but this is common.  I would suggest getting in the habit of looking at the back panel LED to understand the status of the Signature.  If you have more time now, i will be around online for a bit here to help.

SONORE computer audio

Hey Mike, glad it is it is working now!

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Kevin Nguyen said:

Can you confirm acceptable voltage range of 7v - 220v - Inl version?

My country voltage is usually within from 230-240v,

Thanks,

Nominal input voltage is 230 VAC.  A bit higher voltage is not a problem, only very low line voltage (<220 VAC) would be a problem.  But I would be perhaps a little concerned if your line voltage went above 245 VAC or so, but I also suspect that regulations do not allow for voltages that high to be present in your country?

SONORE computer audio

3 hours ago, iLguapo said:

I just tried using my JS-2 to power the OR and now everything is fine so I believe the power supply is faulty 

I am very sorry to hear this.  Do you have a voltmeter/DMM?  And, what is your AC line voltage?

SONORE computer audio

27 minutes ago, iLguapo said:

I do have a voltmeter but I don’t know how to use it 😩

ummm...  Do you want to try and troubleshoot the power supply with your meter?

Also, what is your AC line voltage?

SONORE computer audio

9 minutes ago, iLguapo said:

Yes, I’ll like to check those things ,AC voltage and trouble shoot the power supply,  If you have the time could you please guide me through the process 

First thing to do is to look at your voltmeter and set it to measure DC voltages, then test that you have it set correctly by measuring a battery (a fresh one).  A fresh battery should should measure a bit higher voltage than what it is nominally:

Example, say you have a AA battery of 1.5 volts DC, a fresh one of these will measure a bit over 1.5 volts DC.  Once you have success measuring the battery, then measure the output voltage of the power supply with the DC cable attached.  The positive probe of the meter should go to the inside of the plug, and the common probe of the meter should go to the outside of the barrel of the same plug.  Your positive probe should be marked (and probably color red) and the common probe should be colored black.

SONORE computer audio

2 minutes ago, iLguapo said:

Ok, I tested a ovolt battery and it red 9.04

then I plugged the power supply plugged in the output cable and that read 6.94

1 minute ago, iLguapo said:

Wow , I tested the end of the plug again and now it reads 0.05

OK., perhaps you have a bad DC cable with an intermittent connection?  If you move it around a bit, can you get it to read 6.94 VDC again?

SONORE computer audio

11 hours ago, lxgreen said:

It has Sonore printed on it

This is the "Sonore Power Supply".  It should also have a sticker on the bottom with a model number and serial number.

I highly doubt that any problem you are experiencing is related to the power supply if it is the Sonore Power Supply, as these have proven to be fairly bombproof so far (but there always can be exceptions, so i would never say never when it comes to electronics).

If the oR is shutting down, and then able to restart after being off for awhile, i wonder if it could be overheating?  Are you running high sample rate files through it, and has the ambient temperature of your room been higher than normal lately?  When the oR shuts down, does it re-start on its own, or do you have to remove power and then re-apply power to get it to start up again?  Definitely tun the software update to determine if that makes any difference.  What DAC are you using, and are you aware of your DAC uses any power from the USB power bus?

sps.1.jpeg

SONORE computer audio

21 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

Yes, this looks just like the unit I have.  Except there is no sticker on bottom with model or serial number.  It has been hot here in Southern California so that could be the issue but the unit doesn’t seem overly hot. I’ll play around with it again today and if it shuts down, I’ll measure temperature. What do you consider “too hot” where the unit would shut down? I just stream Qobuz amp through unit at a variety of sample rates. Using Schiit modi Multibit Dac with Schiit EITR for a secondary system feeding outside patio and family room.

I do not use the oR myself, and have no direct experience of it, so i do not know what too hot might be, i am just suggesting possible causes.  Have you updated the software?  Definitely run the software update before doing any more testing to insure you have the latest software in the oR.  

SONORE computer audio