IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Hi, long time user of the Rendu. from micro to ultra now. Love it. 

First post cause I never had any issue until today. No idea what I did but the Ultrarendu is not working anymore. Power up ok, red light turned to amber. But never to green (honestly never know what color is the final one). The problem is the ethernet RJ45 light not flashing anymore. Nothing. Obviously can't see anything in the network and not able to connect. 

I read several pages looks like the next step is to order a new SD card to try? I'm on 2.7.  I'm gonna order the card tmr unless there's something obvious. I'm using the 7V SGC linear supply.

Thanks, Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 8:33 PM, chuttt said:

Hi, long time user of the Rendu. from micro to ultra now. Love it. 

First post cause I never had any issue until today. No idea what I did but the Ultrarendu is not working anymore. Power up ok, red light turned to amber. But never to green (honestly never know what color is the final one). The problem is the ethernet RJ45 light not flashing anymore. Nothing. Obviously can't see anything in the network and not able to connect. 

I read several pages looks like the next step is to order a new SD card to try? I'm on 2.7.  I'm gonna order the card tmr unless there's something obvious. I'm using the 7V SGC linear supply.

Thanks, Tom.

Hi, I posted the above but no reply so far.  I went ahead and ordered a new 2.7 SD card and it has arrived today but unfortunately it didn't help.

I plugged that in, using the switching adapter direct or LPS1.2 it's the same symptom. It turned on and like 15 sec later red light became amber/yellow and then stayed there.  No light flashing on the ethernet port and for sure not connected whatsoever.

What can I do next to fix this? I'm from Canada and I bought it new from Robert of Worldwide Wholesales around April 2018. Can someone help me or direct me to next step? thanks, Tom.

35 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Tom this reflects things on boot: red means power, orange means boot, and green mean internet. No green usually means a network issue. Connect the unit directly to a router trying new cables and different ports. You can also ask Worldwide Wholesales to test the unit. 

Hey thanks for the reply appreciate it.   I tried several ethernet cables and directly from my router. Unfortunately it stayed orange. It seems like the ethernet port, for some reason, is completely dead. There's no blinking of either lights on the ethernet port at all. 😞

Not sure what else I can try. I'll call up Robert in WW this week. Again thanks.