IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

So had a quick question on this.

So, is the Roon Endpoint is the Sonore device not able to undertake further unfolding of MQA stream beyond the 1st unfold undertaken in Roon Core?

The Sonore device is interfacing between the Roon Core and the DAC, could not it present/emulate the DAC profiles required for the further MQA decoding beyond the 24/96 capabilities for 24/192 encoded material?

It would be great if the combination of Roon 1.5 and Sonore products could provide a full MQA decide path, with only the custom DAC filters coming from the individual DAC profile of a compliant MQA DAC, a complete MQA system say with a Meridian system.

That would be sweet, and as I understood Sonore’s Press Release from earlier in the year, this is what was going to be delivered.

If not, was what was the functionality?
Does Roon 1.5 nullify that release?
and is there nothing more that Sonore can add to the MQA Playback path?

Thanks,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I see there was a point release of SonicorbiterOS and also the Roon Ready module during the week, as they were updated within the Update process.

Is there any where describing the reason for the release, or any form of Release Notes covering the contents of the update, or Announcement that the update is available?

Thanks, Simon

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

I’m trying to connect ultraRendu to my Chord Hugo TT via a Singxer SU-1 using BNC from Singxer to Hugo. However the ultraRendu does not see the Hugo at all. 

It it works direct USB to Hugo but following that last 1% it was suggested to me that the Hugo BNC input was marginally better than its USB. 

Is is this just not possible or am I missing something simple in configuration?

thanks,

.sjb

But if you are connecting the UltraRendu to the Singxer through USB, which is converting to S/PDIF and then the Hugo is taking the S/PDIF feed, the UltraRendu's DAC Diagnostics and the RoonReady Diagnostics will only be able up to the XMOS chip in the Singxer. The make/nature of the DAC connected to the S/PDIF will not be communicated back as S/PDIF is just a datastream interface, no controlling signalling or handshaking - the receiving DAC either recovers and locks to the stream or it doesn't.

I have the same, with a XMOS based USB->S/PDIF convertor from my UltraRendu feeding my NDS. The UltraRendu only sees the XMOS chip, and the datasets its offers - PCM, Enscapulated PCM for DoP and Native DSD. But has no visibility of the DAC connected by S/PDIF.

BTW I prefer the UPnP Bridge path, using the Ethernet input of the NDS and no data packet to data stream outside of the NDS.

Note: Only PCM option works to S/PDIF based input to the NDS, I can't get DoP to work and S/PDIF can't be used for Native DSD.

Simon.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Is there any chance you could make a quick post when there is SonicOrbiter update, and include what has been changed, so as end users we have some idea of what has been fixed, upgraded, added or even deprecated.

Not asking for formal release notes (though those would be good for production software) but just an indication of what’s contained in an update. 

20 hours ago, vortecjr said:

A lot of what we do is bug fixes and app updates. Typically we roll them into a new release and let people know the highlights then.

But don’t you catalogue bugs & report confirmed issues to be able to manage them, and then make upgrades to fix a set of reported bugs?

A list of the bugs an update addresses would be useful, accompanying the availability of the update on the release server.