IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 7:18 AM, cat6man said:

Listening to Joan Baez sing "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" showed instantly the improvements, improving vocal depth (her voice moved forward out of the mix and had more micro-detail) with no trace of harshness (Baez' voice pierces my eardrums when not done right, so this is one of my definitive tests tracks for that reason) and separates instruments more clearly. 

I am going with expectation bias.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jos said:

In mine opinion the IFi is better then any LPS (less noise), as you can read elsewhere on this site. I changed my LPS for two iFi’s; one for my ultraRendu and one for my Chord Qutest...

FYI: @Ed66

No, this is not correct. The iFi iPower is NOT better than any LPS. According to one test done here the iPower may have injected less noise back into the AC mains than some LPS units, but that has nothing to do with the noise passed along to the device being powered.

I would stay far away from the iPower if the best sound quality from the ultraRendu is the goal. The iPower sounds bad compared to a quality LPS. I actually prefer the Teddy Pardo LPS but I have not heard the new UltraCap 1.2. It certainly should be as good as the Paul Hynes and better than the CI Audio LPS. 

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

I wouldn't discount the iFi iPower supply. I use it here in my test system with John's grounding trick and it works very well. Its a great starter supply at 50 bucks and works all around the world right out of the box. 

Also, the iFi AC iPurifier has the ground connection so that is an easy way to incorporate John's grounding trick.

I used the iFi with my ultraRendu when I first bought it. I was not impressed with the sound quality of the ultraRendu at that point. When I replaced the iPower with the the Teddy Pardo, the ultraRendu did impress me. The difference was not small......

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Remember...I'm the first guy to say to use the best power supply you can afford. However, it depends on if you were using John's grounding trick, balanced DAC, or unbalanced DAC. It depends on your DAC's design...isolated or not, self powered, or powered by the Rendu. Just saying...I would not generalize these things. 

After getting the Teddy Pardo, I tried the iFi iPower in about 57 applications (yes, I am exaggerating) and could not find one where I liked it better than what was already in place. This was before John's grounding trick was out there so that was not tried. Then again, I did not use John's grounding trick on the power supplies used in those 57 other applications!