IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Every now and then the microrendu just stops playing.  THEN, when I try to recommence play, it goes to the next track, where it stays, for about 3 seconds, then onto the next track for another 3 seconds, then on and on  until it reaches the end of the playlist never PLAYING anything.  Rebooting the device doesn't always solve the problem.  The only thing that seems to dependably solve the problem is unplugged the unit from power, then plugging it back in again.  BUT that's getting REALLY tiresome.  Suggestions?  The dac is a directstream jr.

What would cause the microRendu to skip from track to track without playing anything in a playlist?  Roon seems to be seeing the files, but the microRendu doesn't seem to playing them?  Any practical ideas with regard to how to troubleshoot this problem?  Since rebooting the microRendu resolves the issue with no network or other adjustments?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up something that has probably been covered in the 200+(!) pages of issues related to the MR.  What does it mean when I can access the interface of the MR via its IP address but NOT through sonicorbiter.com?  Generally when this happens, the rest of my system "loses" the MR, Roon fails to see it, and despite many reboots, unplugs, etc. I don't seem to be able to get the MR back.  That is until the next day when it magically appears back in Roon and seems to work OK.  

OK, so I rebooted my cable modem and router and now sonicorbiter.com finds the microrendu.  Previously I could only get into the interface by entering the MR's IP address into my browser.  STILL though, MR is not playing music (ROON, Directstream DAC).  It just cycles through whatever playlist is load giving each track about 3 seconds before moving onto the next.  When I run the RAAT diagnostics from the microrendu interface I get the following (below).  Error messages include  ERROR error in snd_pcm_hw_params: Input/output error (-5)  and WARNING [lua@0x1a1cef4] [192.168.7.134:52001] setup failed: RAAT__OUTPUT_PLUGIN_STATUS_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED 
[0000238] 44.584 TRACE [lua@0x1a1cef4] [192.168.7.134:52001] SENT [16] {"message":"RAAT__OUTPUT_PLUGIN_STATUS_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED","status":"UnexpectedError"} and Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Jesus?

vortecjr actually I updated the unit once last night when I was having these problems.  It didn't seem to need the update as I recall (the version number was current?)...but when I pressed update it did go its usual long sequence of reporting back to me and the update completed normally.  Its morning here in Atlanta (I was encountering the issue late last night) and I haven't yet gone back to see if its still persisting.  I was really curious as to what the error messages meant.  After I posted all this, I went to the trouble of rebooting my cable modem and router.  The wireless system in the house is a EERO Pro system but my house also has Ethernet so there's a switch up on the fourth floor fed by the primary switch at my cable modem.  After doing that I was able to get into the interface BOTH via sonicorberter.com and by going to the devices IP address.  Before I gave up last night the MR WAS showing up again in Roon, but instead of playing tracks either local or streamed from qobuz, Roon would just cycle through the playlists, appearing to "try" to play each track, each time giving up after about 3 seconds, then moving to the next track and continuing in that fashion until it reached the end of the playlist.

I just tried playing something through the MR and its continuing to behave consistently as it did late last night before I finally gave up.  Cycles through playlists without playing anything.  Ran diagnostics again and (as above) the primary error messages seems to be:

0000127] 32.519 WARNING [lua@0x1a1cef4] [192.168.7.134:52001] setup failed: RAAT__OUTPUT_PLUGIN_STATUS_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED 

I unplugged the MR from power and from ethernet, then I shutdown the PS Audio Directstream from the rear panel, turned it back on thereby reloading the software on the DS.  Went away for 2 hours and plugged back in power and then ethernet to the MR and now it is behaving as it should again.  I have to say this kind of occurrence seems to come up more often than it should with "something" going wrong somewhere, leading to reboots of cable modem/router, DAC and MR, checking software, reloading etc. and it does seem like it inexplicably resolves itself.  I like the MR but I get fed up with these issues.

HELP!  Well now I have a new problem with the MR.  Its not syncing onto my ethernet signal.  I unplug the ethernet cable, plug it into my macbook turn off wireless and I get great throughput so I think the signal is there but the MR isn't somehow finding it.  The green light is on.  I also noticed the MR getting EXTREMELY HOT yesterday, it seemed hotter than I've ever noticed it before.  I powered it down, left it overnight and then tried everything again to no avail.  SHOULD I SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR?  Thanks.  - Paul Hinson