IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Good morning. Just updated my 1.3 microrendu and it is no longer recognized. The main page comes up but hangs when i go to manage, and it isn’t recognized in Roon. Was working fine before. Tried power rebooting several times but no luck. 

Any 1.4 updates left? Might be the time....

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Ok just ordered a 1.4 upgrade. Will ship it off today and let you deal with it. Best, CP

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I spent an hour or so with 2.6 last night and think there could be distinctly more bass and warmth than 2.5.  Obviously you can't go back and forth to verify, but that was the my first short session impression.  

What I’m hearing too. More of a “mature” sound for lack of a better description. But this is via RAAT mind you, so can’t speak to anything else. Now that my speakers went from 3 feet apart to 11 due to a room redecoration, I won’t dare comment on wide the soundstage is...

28 minutes ago, pwhinson said:

What would cause the microRendu to skip from track to track without playing anything in a playlist?  Roon seems to be seeing the files, but the microRendu doesn't seem to playing them?  Any practical ideas with regard to how to troubleshoot this problem?  Since rebooting the microRendu resolves the issue with no network or other adjustments?

I get this problem occasionally using the Bridge app to feed Roon to my Naim. Lots of restarts and it usually goes away but frustrating. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Blake said:

When I go to the sonic orbiter page, my UltraRendu shows up, just fine.  I then click on the "Manage" button but they it says "the site can't be reached".  

I tried plugging the UltraRendu off and on, but the problem persists.

You may need to reboot your router/modem as well. 

21 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

I thought SGC made their own LPS. Are you saying these are imported and not made in US by SGC? I had tried to minimize by purchase of Chinese imports so this is a bit of a surprise if true.

You get what you pay for - do you think they'd really be hand building linear power supplies in the US and selling them for $150? As far as I know, they have them built to spec in China and then imported by the job lot. So at least you can expect them to be grounded properly, etc. As it is, I have a Chinese ZeroZone 12V 100VA for my NUC bought on eBay and shipped from China, and it's been running consistently and problem free for a few years now. Cost - $150. The Sonore Power Supply is in a whole other league playing with the big boys like Paul Hynes and Sean Jacobs. Very good sounding indeed, but $529 - again, you get what you pay for. 

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, yyz said:

I tried to register and post this on the Sonore forum but I cannot find the POST button once I logged in. So I am asking this question here.

I have a new DAC with USB C input. It is the Matrix Mini-i 3 Pro. It is not ROON Certified yet (soon) so I wanted to try and use my microRendu with a USB C cable. It seems the old microRendu does not support USB C. Is there any way to connect to his DAC with my existing microRendu.

Version: 2.7
Model: microRendu

Perhaps a USB A to USB C cable or adaptor? Not sure if there are any 'audiophile' ones but plenty of inexpensive ones on Amazon. 

@yyz That Matrix DAC looks great. I have a spare mR 1.4 just using Bridge to my Naim UQ in the office - might have to consider doing a bit of shuffling/upgrade. 

@yyz Funny, I was just going to ask why not stream directly but you just answered it! 

@yyz Curious why you also go to the Topping for headphones and not use the headphone amp on the Matrix? Also wondering if it can act as a preamp out to an amp for speakers?