IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

5 hours ago, Vangelis said:

I'm trying to troubleshoot my Optical module and OpticalRendu.

Everything appears to be hooked up right but  they’re not showing up on the network.  The OM has two green lights  left of the ethernet input that are lit up and there is a intermittently blinking yellow light to the right of the ethernet input.  The OR  is powered up but  has an orange LED lid in the back. This color does not change.  Both my OR and  i5 are also not showing up the network via the MySonicorbiter page.

I am hooked up from my providers modem to a switch via ethernet cable, I go out from the switch via ethernet cable to the OM.  Also I run an ethernet cable to my TP Wi-Fi router. I thought of using the TP WiF router as a switch as it does have  multiple ethernet outputs, but I’ve read their inferior to a higher quality dedicated switch.
Any help with what the the meaning of the display lights on the OM & OR  and some common issue problems or  ideas might be helpful. 

Do you have a solid green and flashing orange led on the STi5 LAN port?

Sometimes I have to power off and back on via the STi5s power button before it will connect.

If this LAN port is not active, your STi5 will not show up on the MySonicorbiter page.

I have a uR connected via oMs to a switch, sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect at the LAN port on the uR to get a connection, even when the green and orange LEDs are active.

Also, sometimes when I do not see a device on the MySonicorbiter page, an Ethernet cable is not plugged all the way into a port.

Lastly, if you do not have a green light on the back of your Rendu, you won't get anywhere, make certain that your switch is gigabit.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
  • 3 months later...

I will try to help you out,

On the sonore home page did you click on "find my unit"?

If you did and it said no unit found, you may have to disconnect and reconnect your Ethernet cable or your optical cable.

In either case, if you do not have a connection to the internet or the unit has not finished booting up it will not be seen in sonicorbitor.

If you have "found your unit" in sonicorbitor, click on "manage" and go to apps and click DAC diagnostics to see if the Rendu sees your DAC via USB.

If it does not, try power cycling your DAC, then run DAC diagnostics again, once the Rendu sees your DAC you have an option to set the DAC to max volume.

You may also have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to get it recognized.

After you get through these steps, then you can set up Roon and NAA for HQPlayer, which is another set of steps to follow.

I feel your frustration, I have been there and worked through it.

Not being an IT wiz myself, sometimes I find that networked audio totally sucks.

• Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s

I should ad that the there is a topic on this forum "Sonicorbiter - The Operating System" that will help.

• 1 month later...

Blake,

Are you cycling the power off and back on or disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable?

Every now and then I have to disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable for my Rendus to show up.

Also, in your internet connection properties, are your settings allowing network devices to be "discoverable"? 

If the LED on the rear panel is not green, you more than likely not connected and are a no go.

You have to purchase 2.8 on a new mini SD card to upgrade the software.

• 1 month later...

The sonicTransporter runs 2.7, there is not ( yet? ) a 2.8 version for it.

I think your microRendu can be upgraded to 2.8 by purchasing the micro SD card for it. ( 2.7 > 2.8 requires an SD card purchase )

I prefer to keep current so as not to fall behind and have things start to malfunction and to keep up with current features.

The apps on your ST, mR and oR can usually be updated by going into your software manager and hitting update ( so long as the updated apps are available )

By "shorting out" do you mean that the oR is dropping its connection?

Is your router gigabit output? The oM needs a gigabit LAN connection.