IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Hello all! I just got my ultraRendu the other day, and am having some difficulties I was hoping to get some guidance on. I realized that I've compiled a fair number of notes while attempting to resolve the issue, so I'll have a simple version and a more detailed version, if that's helpful. I've done some reading, but haven't yet found anything that appears to apply to my situation yet. If there's a resource I've missed that applies to my issue, my apologies, please just point me in the right direction and I'll give it a go!

Setup: 
Ethernet > Sonore ultraRendu (running 2.7) > Lynx Hilo (via USB) > Wyred4Sound STP-SE > speakers

The Simple Version: 

I am able to see the uR and make changes via the Sonicorbiter site, but I am unable to get audio out of the uR via either Roon, JRMC, or BubbleUPnP.  I'm guessing the issue is either in the uR or in the communication between the uR and the Hilo. 

The Detailed Version: 

Problems

• No audio out of uR under any mode I've tried
  • uR shows up on Sonicorbiter site, able to make changes, and confirm connection w/ DAC
  • uR shows up in JRMC 24 (24.0.55) when in MPD/DLNA mode
  • Roon is unable to locate the uR when in RoonReady mode

Troubleshooting Steps

• Switched modes between RoonReady and MPD/DLNA
  • Installed Bubble UPnP app on uR (shows up on Bubble UPnP Android app, but doesn't play)
  • Used different USB cable between uR and Hilo
  • Plugged USB cable directly from computer into Hilo using precise same settings, playback is fine. 
  • Played with multiple different audio files (FLAC and mp3) from different locations (internal storage, external hard drive) from JRMC. Confirmed files work when Surface plugged directly into Hilo
  • I've matched the JRMC settings here
  • Confirmed that Roon is working with Tidal on the Surface, and laptop is connected to internet on same network as ultraRendu
  • Confirmed that MPD/DLNA is active in App Switcher when using that, and that RoonReady is active when attempting to use that
  • Created an Open Home renderer in Bubble UPnP per this post
  • Attempted playback from JRCM 24 on Surface, Roon on Surface, and BubbleUPnP on Android phone
  • Rebooted the device via the web portal and by physically unplugging from the power supply
  • Attempted to play from JRMC 23 and JRMC 24
  • Performed software update and rebooted. 

Notes

• When attempting to play to uR from JRMC in MPD/DLNA mode, on JRMC, it will typically show as playing for the first 5 seconds, stall, jump to 7 seconds, and then uR will disappear as a playback option. No sound while doing this. Now it will still play for 5 seconds and stall, but now the uR doesn't disappear from JRMC. 
  • After spending the day at work, I was going to shoot some tunes up to my Firestick just to have music playing in the background, and on my phone via BubbleUPnP, it showed both the uR and the uR Open Home. It wouldn't play to either of them, but they were there. When I switched it over to the Firestick, music played from the Firestick. 

DAC Diagnostics Info

Lynx Lynx Hilo at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 8
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 
    Data packet interval: 125 us

Capture:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 2 IN (ASYNC)
    Rates: 
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'Hilo Clock Source Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

I'm mildly tech-savvy, but we're getting to the end of my knowledge and comfort level, so I wanted to ask the pros for some direction. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to give!

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Can you verify that the uR still sees the DAC in this mode ?

Do you have any iDevices, and are they showing up in Roon ?

Thank you for the reply! I just tested it, and yes, the uR does see the Hilo in RoonReady mode, DAC Diagnostics info below: 

Lynx Lynx Hilo at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 

Capture:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 2 IN (ASYNC)
    Rates: 
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'Hilo Clock Source Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

And to answer your other question, I do not have any Apple devices, only Android. I did check, though, and my Pixel 2 does show up in Roon on my phone, but not on the desktop acting as a Roon Core. That seems odd, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about Roon to know what that indicates. May I ask what the answer to your question would indicate? 

Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Call out to Lynx Hilo customers who also have a Rendu.

We are looking to add support for this product and a need a beta tester.

Great to hear, Jesus, thank you! Can't wait to have this up and running on my Hilo. Of course, I'm happy to participate in whatever we need to do to get this going as well. Should be ordering my Barefoot MiniMain12 speakers at the end of this week or beginning of next week, so very much looking forward to completing my digital front end and being able to see what all the excitement is about with the ultraRendu!

15 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

BTW I forgot to mention it “might” support multi channel. Fingers crossed. 

Man, that would be AWESOME!! My use case is, for now, strictly two-channel, but I could see that opening up a whole new world for people with high-end multichannel setups. Can't wait to see it up and running, Jesus!

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, vortecjr said:

Lynx Studio Technology update:

The Lynx Hilo and Aurora line with LT-USB input is now supported. Even multi-channel is reported working:) 

Been slammed with the end-of-year push at work, but I can confirm the ultraRendu works perfectly with the Lynx Hilo via Roon and JRMC/DLNA/UPnP. I hope to have some time to provide a little more more detail after the first of the year, but suffice to say not only does the uR function flawlessly and sound fantastic, but I am extremely impressed with the level of service from Jesus and Andrew that got me up and running. These guys are awesome, and I'm incredibly pleased with the product and the company. 

Loving my setup now! Great job, Sonore team!