IGNORED

Looking for a streamer

I am looking for a streamer / a network bridge with the following properties:

- should be able to work with Qobuz, Deezer Hifi, Tidal and maybe Spotify

- no internal DAC needed,

- digital outputs, AES/EBU preferred

- the app that controls the player should be easy to use and run under iOS on a iPhone or iPad

- AirPlay and bluetooth would be nice to have

Because I am blind, I can not use Roon, Roon isn't useable for people who need a screenreader on their smartphone, tablet or computer.

I've found the following devices already that could be interesting:

- Bluesound Node 2I. Has all the streaming service I like to use, but unfortunately not so many digital outputs and also a DAC is included in the device. I do not know how good the device sounds, is it audiophile?

- Neo Mind2 from Moon / Simaudio. Has all wanted digital outputs and is useable with Qobuz, Deezer and Tidal, but unfortunately no Spotify. Can not be connected via AirPlay, only via bluetooth.

- Sonos Connect. Not really audiophile, not many digital outputs, but has all wanted services integrated.

- The network bridge from Lindemann: Interesting device which has all wanted services integrated, unfortunately no AirPlay and no AES/EBU output.

Because there are so many streamers on the marked its is hard to find the right one and to keep the overview.

Do you know other devices that have the features I am looking for, or at least most of them,  integrated?

Auralic Aries checks all boxes except Bluetooth and maybe Airplay. Had one for a short time. Auralic Aries (not LE version) sounds a bit better than the mentioned streamers and can be bought 2nd hand for reasonal money. 

Minidsp SHD Studio checks all boxes except Bluetooth. I recently bought this myself. Sounds great and includes Dirac room correction!

20 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

Auralic Aries checks all boxes except Bluetooth and maybe Airplay. Had one for a short time. Auralic Aries (not LE version) sounds a bit better than the mentioned streamers and can be bought 2nd hand for reasonal money. 

Aries G1 has bluetooth and Airplay but is a little overkill for someone that is blind and wouldn't need the display.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

2 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

Aries G1 has bluetooth and Airplay but is a little overkill for someone that is blind and wouldn't need the display.

I currently have an Aries G2 which is a great device, but the app is crap and the manufacturer has no interest to modify it to be also good useable for a blind person. Also Auralic players do not support Deezer Hifi, which I prefer to use when streaming music. I'll keep the Aries when I can't find another device which sounds equal and has Deezer and a good to use app, but if I can find another streamer which more fits my needs I'll sell it.

I agree about the Auralic app as that is the one thing that drove me "bac to my Mac".  The Altair hardware/concept was great but it is so frustrating when you have no reliable control over the device.  Now with the Macbook as my streamer, there is so much flexibility with regards to software (I use Audirvana with their IOS remote app) and this has proven to be the most reliable setup for me with great sound.

Not exactly considered a "streamer" but the Macbook provides all of the above along with ultimate flexibility and with a reliable package that will work for many many years.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Bryston BDP1 or 2 (used) or 3 (new) - Quobuz, Tidal, AES output, Shairplay, MPD, no DAC, control via web browser  or maybe 3rd party app  Rigelian   (don’t know if either is viable option for you).  Great ongoing support from Bryston for all owners and you may even get balance of warranty on used purchase 

As an entry point, used BDP1 go for comparatively little these days but a 2 or 3  may be a more solid choice for Tidal, Quobuz.

Lumin U1 Mini could be an option - Tidal, Qobuz, Airplay and a few others features like DSD, MQA, DoP. Supports AES in addition to USB. 

Takes in a USB HDD for local music as well. Pretty good app for iOS. The only thing it doesn't do that you asked for is Deezer and Bluetooth.

Best of all, it sounds great, I have one.