IGNORED

The Environmental thread + Conventional (HI-FI) wisdom is almost always invariably wrong

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

This libel against a child in the hands of monsters is repeated only by insufferable fools. I don't have the time to bother with such people. On the ignore list you go.

Ummmm.  Greta herself admits she has Aspergers which is a variation of autism and is nothing to make fun of.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/greta-thunberg-is-facing-attacks-over-her-aspergers-but-heres-why-companies-want-to-hire-people-on-the-autism-spectrum-2019-09-25

Then again, NPR won't tell you that.  Among the many other things they won't tell you.

Hey, did I mention that condemnation without investigation is indoctrination?  I'm pretty sure I already said it but I'm guessing you missed it.

The more I dabble with extreme forms of electrical mgmt. and extreme forms of vibration mgmt., the more I’m convinced it’s all just variations of managing mechanical energy. Or was it all just variations of managing electrical energy? No, it’s all just variations of mechanical energy. Wait.  It's all just variations of managing electrical energy.  -Me

1 hour ago, shtf said:

It's nonsensical that you think I somehow was comparing Greta to Nazis.  I was merely illustrating how perverted governments and globalists use similar tools to promote their propaganda.  See below.  Perhaps I could have substititued your charicature in place of Greta's but I don't have one.  Please send me one.

In case you're unaware, one of the Third Reich's many strategies was first indoctrinate the women, then the children, and the men will follow.  Have you noticed in recent weeks all the children protesting climate change?  If you wanna' follow the leadership of a brainwashed / indoctrinated 16-year old  girl with autism, that is your choice. 

As for George Soros, yes, to the best of my knowledge he's a major player in this new world order / globalist movement.  Far more engaged than even somebody like David Rockefeller, if that were even possible.  But he's still a puppet.  As for jews, not sure why you bring them up, except that Soros himself is jewish and was a traitor to his own. 

What are you insinuating?  That Soros doesn't exist?  That he's not a globalist or that he's not caused great damage to the US and to other nations?  That globalism is good thing led by those who care about you and your family?

It's been said that condemnation without investigation gives clear evidence of indoctrination and I'd venture you've substatiated that with your response here.  Then again, if all of your news comes from NPR and mainstream media, well, that's still a choice you made long ago and you have only yourself to blame. 

Speaking of which, feel free to research operation mockingbird that was started in the 1950's and continues to this day.  Or since you don't seem too keen on research maybe you can learn something from this 43 sec excerpt of a speech David Rockefeller gave at the Council on Foreign Relations back in 1991.  That could give you some insight.  Unless of course you think the CFR itself is a branch of gov't including a group of really nice people who have your best interest in mind. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZD7pDPK7N8

Useful tools.jpg

I was working in climate and ground pollution research before. It is the young people who lead the ignorant and addled out of the darkness. I can't believe You say this. Your ignorance knows no bounds and like @Judignore you go. People with your attitude cannot understand the folly of their opinions.

Climate change or Global Warming is how violent the weather can be. More droughts in the west, more hurricanes/typhoons with unpredictability, and other issues. What we will get is warmer summers and colder winters, basically more extremes.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/outreach/isotopes/mixing.html

Here is an explanation on how they measure man's affect on climate change.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

3 hours ago, shtf said:

It's nonsensical that you think I somehow was comparing Greta to Nazis.  I was merely illustrating how perverted governments and globalists use similar tools to promote their propaganda.  See below.  Perhaps I could have substititued your charicature in place of Greta's but I don't have one.  Please send me one.

In case you're unaware, one of the Third Reich's many strategies was first indoctrinate the women, then the children, and the men will follow.  Have you noticed in recent weeks all the children protesting climate change?  If you wanna' follow the leadership of a brainwashed / indoctrinated 16-year old  girl with autism, that is your choice. 

As for George Soros, yes, to the best of my knowledge he's a major player in this new world order / globalist movement.  Far more engaged than even somebody like David Rockefeller, if that were even possible.  But he's still a puppet.  As for jews, not sure why you bring them up, except that Soros himself is jewish and was a traitor to his own. 

What are you insinuating?  That Soros doesn't exist?  That he's not a globalist or that he's not caused great damage to the US and to other nations?  That globalism is good thing led by those who care about you and your family?

It's been said that condemnation without investigation gives clear evidence of indoctrination and I'd venture you've substatiated that with your response here.  Then again, if all of your news comes from NPR and mainstream media, well, that's still a choice you made long ago and you have only yourself to blame. 

Speaking of which, feel free to research operation mockingbird that was started in the 1950's and continues to this day.  Or since you don't seem too keen on research maybe you can learn something from this 43 sec excerpt of a speech David Rockefeller gave at the Council on Foreign Relations back in 1991.  That could give you some insight.  Unless of course you think the CFR itself is a branch of gov't including a group of really nice people who have your best interest in mind. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZD7pDPK7N8

Useful tools.jpg

Yes Soros funds lots of things that appear to me not good for America.  And not by accident.  And yes, it is a strategy to indoctrinate or draw in the women, then the children, and the might of the men is nulled out.  The men end up following.  Definitely not by accident. 

Let us see, just an off the top of my head example is the DA in Chicago, who "mis-handled" the Jussie Smollett Hoax crime.  Yes Kimberly Foxx.  She was largely funded by Soros to get that position.  She is on a list of a couple dozen DA's who were funded by Soros money.  They all follow a similar pattern too.  Ignore or wipe off the books petty crimes (because it is racist).  Drop prosecution of such things selectively.  The selection is obvious too.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

9 minutes ago, firedog said:

I hope shtf keeps posting this crap. He'll end up on so many ignore lists that he and Chris will be the only ones who see his posts. 

well, there may be some abnormal psychologists on here who would want to view his posts to generate a research paper

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Soros believes in democracy and is/was a serious anti-Communist. 

Some may or may not agree with some of his opinions, but those who  portray him as part of some sort of anti-US cabal are mistaken. He apparently has a different idea of what a society/democracy should be like than many people. 

We can disagree with peoples opinions without thinking that those who don't think like us have nefarious motives. 

Note that I'm not specifically referring to you here. 

Well I disagree with his opinions very strongly.  I think he is transparent about what he thinks, but I disagree to the point I think they are nefarious.  Maybe not a nefarious plot with others, but nefarious.  He has the resources to approach this from several angles and does.  It isn't a conspiracy with anyone except himself.  He is a naturalized US citizen.  I don't think his actions are making life in the USA (where he is a naturalized citizen) better.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

3 hours ago, esldude said:

Soros funds lots of things that appear to me not good for America. 

What do you mean by America.

The continent?

The people who live in the continent?

The USofA?

The people who live in the USofA?

Some people who live in the USofA (privileged middle aged white men?

Business (originating from or based in the USofA)?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Can I ask why it's important to emphasize that he's a "naturalized" citizen? Does that somehow make him less of a citizen?

All non-native Americans'  have naturalised foreigners as forefathers.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

4 hours ago, firedog said:

I hope shtf keeps posting this crap. He'll end up on so many ignore lists that he and Chris will be the only ones who see his posts. 

I’ll keep reading them so I can see how the other side of the discussion is being presented.  But I promise I won’t reply.  

They got the Club of Rome all wrong, and that steered them onto the wrong path through the woods.  I do R&D for a machine manufacturer. I long ago realized how people become emotionally attached to a thought process or a design and will defend it to the death.

The hardest thing with that type of mindset is to explain you can return to the clearing in the forest and take a different path - or jump across to another one - and then have a better result.

53 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I mostly agree with Ms. Thunberg. But I don't like her attitude; it's confrontional and not helpful. Angry people don't impress me.  YMMV. 

Yes, perhaps she should have taken some charm lessons from the President's daughter, parted her hair down the middle and used lots of expensive make up, wore some designer dresses, and flirted and pouted while twirling her luxurious blonde locks. Look how that's worked out....

It's a new era - get used to it. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

I mostly agree with Ms. Thunberg. But I don't like her attitude; it's confrontional and not helpful. Angry people don't impress me.  YMMV. 

I would say some part of that is very possibly due to the Asperger's. Folks on that part of the spectrum are often very intelligent but have an anomalous affect (using the psychological meaning of that word). So I cut her some slack in that regard.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.