IGNORED

The Environmental thread + Conventional (HI-FI) wisdom is almost always invariably wrong

15 minutes ago, esldude said:

In my case, I used due diligence to find out something important to me.  If someone else doesn't value the energy efficiency then why should they and I pay for a gov't system to make sure everyone has a certificate that most don't care about.  Maybe your answer would be so the world doesn't destroy the environment, but at best the EU certificate system only slows that down a little bit.  The US system isn't ignoring that.  Efficiency in housing is driven by whether or not it saves money and/or makes for a more comfortable house. 

The European system ensures (or at least that's the idea) that you can find out, should you care. Nobody forces you to care, and it's legal to sell an inefficient house. As with many things, the energy efficiency ratings system probably doesn't work quite as well as was intended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

There is no known way to remove enough CO2 from the air to "fix it" - my advice is to not buy any coastal real estate, and fire-proof property in the western US.

I know of at least one expert who moved to Denmark for a faculty position there.

Denmark is hardly the best place to escape rising sea levels. Switzerland would seem like a better choice.

• 1 month later...