IGNORED

Annoying Yiggy Issue

On 5/29/2019 at 6:40 AM, Blake said:

EDITED:

As a counterpoint to the negative comments- read Chris' review of the Yggy Analog 2.  Chris has heard a DAC or two in his days and he gave the Yggy 2 very high marks.  

I understand some of the anti-Schiit sentiment.  I will admit to having a heavy bias against Schiit for a number of years, just because people gushed so much about the original Yggy, it eventually became annoying.  Then my DAC failed and I gave the Yggy 2 a try.  I love it.  But if others don't like it, fine.  My Yggy did sound poor when it was new and cold out of the box, but it dramatically improved over time.

Yggy 2 measurements, which, yawn, I have no interest in discussing but others might (yes, from the fanboy site, but Atomic Bob is legit):

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/schiit-yggdrasil-v2-upgrade-technical-measurements.5820/

I concur. I have the “fixed” version of the Yiggy, and it sounded hard and the highs were dry and overly bright. A hundred hours or so resolved those issues, and now it sounds very good (just not as good as a Chord Hugo2).

George

On 5/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, krelldog said:

BTW...I also have an Uptone Regen and the 1.2 power supply in the chain also ...

If you have the latest update Yiggy, I believe the Regen should not be needed.  I see that others already made that point as well.    I removed all USB noise devices and have not looked back since.

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

2 hours ago, ssh said:

My Yggy has had both mods. The IsoRegen, to my ears, still was an improvement (ROON>UlraRendu w/ LPS 1.2>Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB>IsoRegen w/LPS 1>Yggy>Ragnarok>Paradigm Studio 40 V2).

You are not alone. There are dozens of Yggy owners using the ISO REGEN with great results.  The USB input board—even the current one—of the Schiit is affected by signal integrity just as with most every other DAC.

Those who disagree simply have not tried for themselves. It is quite easy to hear. 9_9

48 minutes ago, Superdad said:

You are not alone. There are dozens of Yggy owners using the ISO REGEN with great results.  The USB input board—even the current one—of the Schiit is affected by signal integrity just as with most every other DAC.

Those who disagree simply have not tried for themselves. It is quite easy to hear. 9_9

mmm, I sold mine post Audio Linux... did wonders with earlier Roon endpoints but degraded sound with an AL/NUC based Roon endpoint. And I am using

an Eitr which is the current USB input board for Schiit DAC's.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

5 hours ago, ssh said:

My Yggy has had both mods. The IsoRegen, to my ears, still was an improvement (ROON>UlraRendu w/ LPS 1.2>Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB>IsoRegen w/LPS 1>Yggy>Ragnarok>Paradigm Studio 40 V2).

You will hear a difference.  Just changing a USB cord will produce that.  Is it needed though?  Can of worms....  I never tried the IsoRegen... but I had other USB clean-up devices that made my system sound better with a PS Audio NuWave DAC, that only dulled (to my ears) the sound with my Yggy.   And,  sounder better than the NuWave when it used those USB devices.

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise.