IGNORED

Annoying Yiggy Issue

23 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Start by simplifying the chain, connect USB source directly to Yggy, see if problem goes away. If still present, try a different USB cable, the shortest you have. If either

step works, you know the interference issue is up stream from the Yggy. Worry later about whether its RFI or a voltage spike somehow making it through your P-10,

whats important now is to isolate at what point in your source to DAC solution the problem is introduced.

+1 this the way to approach the problem.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

5 hours ago, krelldog said:

I took the Uptone Regen out of the loop....Now its fine....no interruption.

Want to sell the Regen cheap?  Or does it come with a guarantee?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

30 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Interesting. I have a Yiggy and a Mac Mini. This does not happen to me. Of course, my audio equipment is isolated from the house mains with a 30 Amp hospital isolation transformer/mains filter. That might be the reason.DSCN0153.thumb.jpg.0d08fdefe57240fbdba9f5fcc3a3d312.jpg

My main problem, at the moment, with the Yiggy, is that after I heard one of my own orchestral recordings (Ravel’s “Daphnis et Chloe”, the complete ballet) played through a Chord Hugo 2, I no longer consider the Yiggy as anything better than a 2nd rate DAC!

In my opinion you rate the Yggy much too highly by calling it 2nd rate.  Maybe lower 3rd rate.  Worse if you consider the price they charge for it.  Repeat after me:  Don't DO SCHITT!

4 hours ago, Jean said:

I recently brought home a Yggy, I'd been debating it for over a year and was almost convinced not to try it because of the online stigma regarding audio measurements. I'm glad that I decided to try it out and let my ears decide.

The Yggy sounds unbelievable in my system, and I can't wait to get a proper amp/headphone amp to support it.

I would think a good DAC would sound believable.  The best DAC would sound the most believable.  Sounds like you made a good choice with the Yggy.  🤭