IGNORED

Annoying Yiggy Issue

7 minutes ago, krelldog said:

I took the Uptone Regen out of the loop....Now its fine....no interruption.

Not sure how old your Yggy is, but if it it has the Gen 5 USB implementation, external "decrapifiers" are redundant - worse really as they are another point of failure.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

6 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Well, it’s not THAT BAD! My Yiggy is certainly a decent DAC. For instance, I’ve never heard a Delta-Sigma DAC that could hold a candle to the Schiit Yggdrasil, and that includes the latest ESS SaberDAC Pro based units. It’s just that the Chord unit works on an entirely different principle with its 49000+ filter taps! CDs, digital files of all bit depths and sample rates resolve details, that I didn’t even know were there! This includes my own recordings which I know intimately, or at least I thought I did.

As I understand it, Schiit's multibit design is the same basic design as the Chord  - that is, I closed form, high tap, linear reconstruction.  This is different than the more common SigmaDelta process found in ESS, AKM, TI, etc. chips.

The low level detail retrieval of these multi bit designs really does seem to be something that even the good SD chips can't quite match.  All that said as usual the "it's all in the implementation" caveat applies.  Lately I am usually listening to a Gungnir MB, but when I switch back to my iFi IDAC2 (Burr Brown SD) it's not like the delta between them is any more than a few percentage points, and the iFi has the advantage of a warmth/body to the "insides" of notes that the Gungnir does not.  This is probably coloration, but it sounds nice and "natural"...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!