IGNORED

Annoying Yiggy Issue

I love my Yiggy except for this issue.

If I turn on or switch fan speeds on my ceiling fan...it terminates my connection from my Mac Mini to my Yiggy.

With that said-all of my components are plugged into a PS Audio P-10...and the P-10 is plugged into a dedicated outlet on its own 20 amp circuit.

The ceiling fan switch is also a fan switch like its supposed to be.

Any ideas???  Its not an issue during cold months....but a big issue during summer time.

29 minutes ago, krelldog said:

BTW...I also have an Uptone Regen and the 1.2 power supply in the chain also ...

I have a similar setup. Occasionally the Uptone will drop. On my Yggy the sample rate lights will turn off but the power and input lights stay on. It happens so seldom I've yet to trouble shoot it.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

23 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Start by simplifying the chain, connect USB source directly to Yggy, see if problem goes away. If still present, try a different USB cable, the shortest you have. If either

step works, you know the interference issue is up stream from the Yggy. Worry later about whether its RFI or a voltage spike somehow making it through your P-10,

whats important now is to isolate at what point in your source to DAC solution the problem is introduced.

+1 this the way to approach the problem.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

7 minutes ago, krelldog said:

I took the Uptone Regen out of the loop....Now its fine....no interruption.

Not sure how old your Yggy is, but if it it has the Gen 5 USB implementation, external "decrapifiers" are redundant - worse really as they are another point of failure.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

5 hours ago, krelldog said:

I took the Uptone Regen out of the loop....Now its fine....no interruption.

Want to sell the Regen cheap?  Or does it come with a guarantee?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I assume this is the ISORegen?

I had the same problem. With ISORegen in chain, switch the lights - music computer shuts down.

I gave the ISORegen to a friend.

Intona Industrial and the Singxer UIP-1 both work OK in my room.

https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/singxer-uip-1-isolate-processor-usb2-0-usb-interface.html

I am currently using the Gustard U16 DDC and find this still benefits from the  UIP-1 followed by a W4S Recovery - all powered separately by either LPS-1.2 or LPS-1's followed by LT3045 DC-DC convertor boxes. Wonderful and consistent SQ...

That is great to hear Schiit is making progress with USB inputs, I have found similar results with the Audio-GD isolated Amanero USB.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:15 AM, krelldog said:

I love my Yiggy except for this issue.

If I turn on or switch fan speeds on my ceiling fan...it terminates my connection from my Mac Mini to my Yiggy.

With that said-all of my components are plugged into a PS Audio P-10...and the P-10 is plugged into a dedicated outlet on its own 20 amp circuit.

The ceiling fan switch is also a fan switch like its supposed to be.

Any ideas???  Its not an issue during cold months....but a big issue during summer time.

Interesting. I have a Yiggy and a Mac Mini. This does not happen to me. Of course, my audio equipment is isolated from the house mains with a 30 Amp hospital isolation transformer/mains filter. That might be the reason.DSCN0153.thumb.jpg.0d08fdefe57240fbdba9f5fcc3a3d312.jpg

My main problem, at the moment, with the Yiggy, is that after I heard one of my own orchestral recordings (Ravel’s “Daphnis et Chloe”, the complete ballet) played through a Chord Hugo 2, I no longer consider the Yiggy as anything better than a 2nd rate DAC!

George

30 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Interesting. I have a Yiggy and a Mac Mini. This does not happen to me. Of course, my audio equipment is isolated from the house mains with a 30 Amp hospital isolation transformer/mains filter. That might be the reason.DSCN0153.thumb.jpg.0d08fdefe57240fbdba9f5fcc3a3d312.jpg

My main problem, at the moment, with the Yiggy, is that after I heard one of my own orchestral recordings (Ravel’s “Daphnis et Chloe”, the complete ballet) played through a Chord Hugo 2, I no longer consider the Yiggy as anything better than a 2nd rate DAC!

In my opinion you rate the Yggy much too highly by calling it 2nd rate.  Maybe lower 3rd rate.  Worse if you consider the price they charge for it.  Repeat after me:  Don't DO SCHITT!

1 hour ago, esldude said:

In my opinion you rate the Yggy much too highly by calling it 2nd rate.  Maybe lower 3rd rate.  Worse if you consider the price they charge for it.  Repeat after me:  Don't DO SCHITT!

Well, it’s not THAT BAD! My Yiggy is certainly a decent DAC. For instance, I’ve never heard a Delta-Sigma DAC that could hold a candle to the Schiit Yggdrasil, and that includes the latest ESS SaberDAC Pro based units. It’s just that the Chord unit works on an entirely different principle with its 49000+ filter taps! CDs, digital files of all bit depths and sample rates resolve details, that I didn’t even know were there! This includes my own recordings which I know intimately, or at least I thought I did.

George

3 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Well, it’s not THAT BAD! My Yiggy is certainly a decent DAC. For instance, I’ve never heard a Delta-Sigma DAC that could hold a candle to the Schiit Yggdrasil, and that includes the latest ESS SaberDAC Pro based units. It’s just that the Chord unit works on an entirely different principle with its 49000+ filter taps! CDs, digital files of all bit depths and sample rates resolve details, that I didn’t even know were there! This includes my own recordings which I know intimately, or at least I thought I did.

I appreciate your opinion. However, comparing Gungnir with Chord Mojo I came to rather opposite conclusions. Yes, I fully understand the difference between entry level and more advanced item from Chord. There is also certain difference between two Schiit DACs. Still I could guess there is some specific sound signatures within particular approach. To me Gungnir sounds much more natural, fatigue-free, "analogue". Resolution my impress immensely in a short run, but long run impact seem to be more important to me.