Macgomes

Sound quality issues with Logitech Music Server software?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,,

I am in the market for a fairly high-end music server. The problem is that as a blind audiophile, several of the most popular options for software on these servers are not accessible to a blind user. One option I might have is to use the Peng IOS package to access music available on or through a music server that runs the Logitech software platform. I discovered this option through email conversations with Innuos. There are other hardware options I'm considering, such as Wolf Audio Systems.

Given advancements in server mobdro lucky patcher kodi software from the likes of Roon and JRiver, what is the opinion of the CA community regarding the sound quality of good server hardware running the Logitech software?

Remember, I may have to give up a full feature rich experience like Roon simply to get software that will allow me to add music to the server, find music to play, build playlists and access streaming services like Tidal, Spotify etc. However, I'd hate to spend relatively high dollar amounts on server hardware only to have the SQ compromised significantly by the Logitech software.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions you have.

Logitech software is fine SQ wise. I’ve also used Roon and JRiver. My favorite is Roon, for the user interface. But IMO, your choice is about features and what works for you.

You will probably find those differences more signiicant than any SQ differences.
There are also, btw, many users who swear by LMS as actually the best sounding of the bunch. 
You also aren’t giving up much in the way of features with LMS. It’s open source with lots of users, and so updates and new features are still being added. No problem using it with streaming services, etc., using plugins you can download. It’s not as slick as Roon, but is still a very good, full featured software - and it is free. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS >SOtM Lan Isolator>Bricasti M5 Network Player >Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I'm a happy LMS/Squeezelite user but I've never tried Roon so I can't compare the two soundwise! ☺️

Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest < BAT VK-655SE < AudioQuest Hurricane HC < AudioQuest WEL XLR < exaSound e32 DAC w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply < AudioQuest NRG-5 < SOtM tX-USBultra < AudioQuest Diamond USB < MacMini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & Samsung 860EVO 1TB SSD < Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < Stillpoints UltraSS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3 < Furutech FT-SWS < Solid Tech Hybrid