IGNORED

Article: High End Munich 2019 - Trip Report

Nice report Austin. But did you get to hear any new  interesting headphones as well?

Was Quad.de there with their new version of Jecklin Float? And did you hear the RAAL SR1A?

And what about the new " HEDD"  headphones supposedly "fastest of them all"?

As far as 1M taps are concerned, to fully recover 24 bits 256 M taps is the target if I remember correctly?

But in Singapore last year Rob said he did not think that would happen within his lifetime.

But maybe 10M are within his reach now?

And  back home again, how do you feel your TT2/HMS are holding up against the best of  dCs and others you heard in Munich?

Your reports has made me want to go there next year.

I have been to Munich many times,but never to the audio show.

I used to spend quite a few summers in  nearby Salzburg which is a great city for live music too and we went to Munich with our students regularly.

Time for a revisit to my old haunts next spring or maybe earlier.

PS those ribbons look a bit like my electrostatic speakers or Maggies.

But if I could afford  and would  even want the big  MBLs I would put them behind a screen, they are just too ugly imho.

I have heard many other speakers that as the ribbons in your pic both look and sound better under the conditions I have had MBL demoed.

Was Martin Logan there with their Neolith?

Cheers Chrille

1 hour ago, chrille said:

Nice report Austin. But did you get to hear any new  interesting headphones as well?

Was Quad.de there with their new version of Jecklin Float? And did you hear the RAAL SR1A?

And what about the new " HEDD"  headphones supposedly "fastest of them all"?

Hangs head - no, I completely missed the HEDD - I only heard of them after the show. I was on the lookout for RAAL, but they were not at the show. I also missed the Quad room. 

1 hour ago, chrille said:

As far as 1M taps are concerned, to fully recover 24 bits 256 M taps is the target if I remember correctly?

But in Singapore last year Rob said he did not think that would happen within his lifetime.

But maybe 10M are within his reach now?

And  back home again, how do you feel your TT2/HMS are holding up against the best of  dCs and others you heard in Munich?

All TBD!

2 hours ago, Perfect sense said:

Did you manage too see and here the Kroma speakers with either VAC or Bricasti at the Hifi Deluxe show? This was the highlight for me this year.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Sorry Marcus,

no chance in two days, to see the hole exhibition and the Hifi-Deluxe some kilometers away. Mabye next year, you make me curious.

What I forgot to mention, really great sound was in the rooms of Fink - Borg and Wolf von Langa - SON

Reg,

Bernhard