IGNORED

Streaming everything question

For those that don’t know me well..... I’m computer stupid.

Heres my NEW situation and question . . . 

I just cancled my satilite TV.  In exchange I have taken the leap into streaming television.  It’s working out so far as far as I can tell.  It’s just tv so I don’t care much.   

My question is what do I do now that my music files, especially hires, that are parked on Mac Mini stall and cut out when I stream them to my iPad, my Sonus or any other stream that uses my router?   BTW.... Problem completely goes away once I turn of my streaming tv services. 

Thanks in advance

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

1) try setting up a separate network for your music

2) run one service on 2.4ghz (music) and one on 5ghz (video-I assume this has a higher throughput demand

3) upgrade your network...only need to accommodate the internal network speed...not your internet download speed

might be settings in your router for priority or similar but points 1-3 is about the extent of my knowledge and capability 

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 5/22/2019 at 9:57 PM, HIFI said:

For those that don’t know me well..... I’m computer stupid.

Heres my NEW situation and question . . . 

I just cancled my satilite TV.  In exchange I have taken the leap into streaming television.  It’s working out so far as far as I can tell.  It’s just tv so I don’t care much.   

My question is what do I do now that my music files, especially hires, that are parked on Mac Mini stall and cut out when I stream them to my iPad, my Sonus or any other stream that uses my router?   BTW.... Problem completely goes away once I turn of my streaming tv services. 

Thanks in advance

And you are using what for a router?  Audio bandwidth is inconsequential on a modern router, assuming that  you mean PCM, not DSD.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I have made some progress with the help of frontier tech service.  Things are better but still wondering what my new limits are.  If still have problems they will help me with a new router that I purchase and use with their router yet turn WiFi off on the entry point.  I think I’m going to live happily ever after.

thanks for jumping in

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR