IGNORED

best option?

janissiksna

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, janissiksna said:

Hello, can't decide Pioneer A10 + Pioneer cs 7070 or Pioneer A10 + Elipson Planet L , maybe some one have any if these sets, what would be be better option ? ☺️

I would never buy those speakers. I would look at Elac, Kef, Dali, Monitor Audio, or Q Acoustics. You do realize that the Pioneer A10 is very low powered? Not good if your hoping to fill a large room with loud music. Also, amps this low powered may have difficulty driving the speakers, so you need to make sure the speakers are easy to drive.  Get speakers with as close to 88dB or higher if you can, and 8 ohms if you can - 6 in a pinch. Stay away from 4 ohm speakers.

mQa is dead!

26 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I would never buy those speakers. I would look at Elac, Kef, Dali, Monitor Audio, or Q Acoustics. You do realize that the Pioneer A10 is very low powered? Not good if your hoping to fill a large room with loud music. Also, amps this low powered may have difficulty driving the speakers, so you need to make sure the speakers are easy to drive.  Get speakers with as close to 88dB or higher if you can, and 8 ohms if you can - 6 in a pinch. Stay away from 4 ohm speakers.

Okay thanks for info

I concur with Lucretius on those others speakers being better to choose from. 

An alternative would be some powered speakers.  Then you only need a music streamer/dac to supply it with a signal.  

Kali audio LP6 or maybe JBL LSR306 speakers.  These are monitor speakers that have their own amps.  They are in the same price range as the speakers you were considering.  

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR306MK2--jbl-306p-mkii-6.5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

https://www.cnet.com/news/kali-audio-lp-6-a-knockout-speaker-with-a-surprisingly-affordable-price/

You should be able to get a network streamer/DAC for the price of that A10 Pioneer.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

4 hours ago, esldude said:

I concur with Lucretius on those others speakers being better to choose from. 

An alternative would be some powered speakers.  Then you only need a music streamer/dac to supply it with a signal.  

Kali audio LP6 or maybe JBL LSR306 speakers.  These are monitor speakers that have their own amps.  They are in the same price range as the speakers you were considering.  

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR306MK2--jbl-306p-mkii-6.5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

https://www.cnet.com/news/kali-audio-lp-6-a-knockout-speaker-with-a-surprisingly-affordable-price/

You should be able to get a network streamer/DAC for the price of that A10 Pioneer.  

Im currently using Pioneer cs 7070 + Pioneer A10 + Cambridge DacMagic 100 , i was thinking of little upgrade , but cant decide with who to start

Upgrading is fraught with difficulties unless you know what is 'wrong' with what you have compared to what you want.

You will also need some time to audition different equipment in your price range while listening both to music you know well and some that you don't usually like. Try and listen to the music and pay attention to the enjoyment it gives you rather than listening to the equipment itself. If you can, arrange some auditions in your own listening room.

Try and have fun doing it--you are investing in ongoing enjoyment so a 'not fun' experience is not the way to get good results.

Speakers are always going to make the most difference.  

Your A10 may be fine, but has limited power.  You'll need efficient speakers to keep using it.  You might look thru those brands lucretius suggested to see if any are efficient enough to keep your A10.  They probably need to be rated at least to 90 db for that.  

Another good question is how large is the room you'll be using.  Smaller good speakers might not work in too big a room.  

My suggestion on putting together a system is to find out which speakers you want and that you like the sound of. Then get an appropriate amplifier for the speaker.  Upstream components are easier.  

Now if you aren't in a large room, the powered speakers I suggested should work.  If your listening is over USB from a computer, you can control volume in software and feed the Dac Magic into the powered speakers.  Then you don't need the A10.  You might in time wish to upgrade to another DAC/preamp or upgrade to a DAC/streamer if you stream lots of your music. 

So to repeat myself, I think finding speakers to your liking is the first step to proceed with.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.