IGNORED

Unique cable need -- does it exist?

AVphile

Question

10 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, AVphile said:

While a BNC to RCA adapter (or a female BNC to female BNC adapter) is a solution, it is hardly optimal.  Accordingly, I really want to forgo employing one in the data stream.

Is this for a digital signal?

3 hours ago, AVphile said:

While a BNC to RCA adapter (or a female BNC to female BNC adapter) is a solution, it is hardly optimal.  Accordingly, I really want to forgo employing one in the data stream.

Mansr's suggestion appears to be the most viable option, although not optimal, .as there don't appear to be normally  available female BNC sockets designed to neatly fit at the end of a coax cable . I suppose that you could solder on something like the attached though, and make it look more presentable with some heatshrink tubing over it. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BNC-PANEL-SOCKET-INS-75OHM-Connectors-RF-Coaxial-BNC-PANEL-socket-/293004814231?hash=item443872a797

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

BNC 75Ω female connector: Canare BCJ-C4

RCA plug: Canare RCAP-C4A

75Ω Coax cable: Belden 8241 or Generic RG59 B/U or Canare LV-61S  x 1m

Use Canare TC-1 hand crimp tool (mine is made in Sweden!) with TCD-4CA dice to crimp.

Note: typically RCA plugs/receptacles do not have 75Ω characteristic impedance. WBT sells 75Ω RCA plugs but it needs matching 75Ω RCA receptacles to achieve 75Ω

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin

9 hours ago, mansr said:

9 hours ago, mansr said:

I only did a quick Google search, and also checked ebay for a suitable cable. Yes , I should have checked RS as well. :$

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020