IGNORED

Paul McCartney Archive Collection Rip-Off

A Cautionary Tale.

Just a word of warning to anyone considering purchasing any of the Paul McCartney Archive Collection sets . I recently purchased a copy of 'Wings at the Speed of Sound ' boxset online only to find that the download page no longer works . I contacted the seller ( who did their best ) , Paul McCartney's webmaster ( no reply , no help ) and Universal Music ( worse than useless ) who informed me that as this was an 'old item' ( released in 2014 ) and they are no longer supporting it ( so stop selling them then ! ) they were unwilling to supply a new link or set of download files . 

So Im returning my WATSOS boxset for a refund and would strongly advise people to check before they buy as Universal Music are not honouring their own contents sheet as attached. Such a pity , as I already own 8 others in this series but that's it , no more for me . Paul McCartney deserves better , and so do we .

Very disappointing,

~M~

watsos.jpg.88e77c67600b4ab5eacd68b92c7afc73.jpg

Don't understand the post. You received the set and it was defective? Or you ordered a download set and there's nothing to download? 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I bought the Super Deluxe Edition . There's nothing wrong with the physical set ( 2xcds + 1Dvd) but the 24/96 downloads as listed on the attached contents sheet do not work and they will not furnish them . What is so difficult to understand ? They advertise it as including the downloads but if they consider it 'old' they think they are no longer obliged to do so . False advertising at the very least .

~M~ 

“  I recently purchased a copy of 'Wings at the Speed of Sound ' boxset online only to find that the download page no longer works “

= No download.

Have a look at www.paulmccartney.com > Maccaboard  ; it’s littered with people who’ve had the same problem and nobody on the site or the record company gives a crap . The image I posted of the contents sheet clearly lists a 24/96 download which they are no longer providing. 

Shouldnt be tolerated . 

M

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, Moonloop said:

I bought the Super Deluxe Edition . There's nothing wrong with the physical set ( 2xcds + 1Dvd) but the 24/96 downloads as listed on the attached contents sheet do not work and they will not furnish them . What is so difficult to understand ? They advertise it as including the downloads but if they consider it 'old' they think they are no longer obliged to do so . False advertising at the very least .

~M~ 

I have experienced the same with movies on blu-ray with respect to digital downloads.

mQa is dead!