IGNORED

Dell SX2210T touchscreen lag

Hi there,

I recently bought an SX2210T touchscreen to use with my music server. I want to use it with J River Media Centre in theatre mode.

However, as soon as I run the screen's "Touch Screen Tools" the computer immediately starts to lag (even with no programs running!). Here are the main specs of my music server:

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G Micro-ATX (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.20GHz (Socket AM2)

Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C5 800MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX6400D2K2/4G)

Scythe Mini Ninja CPU Cooler (Socket 478/754/939/940/AM2/LGA775)

Anyone else out there have experience with this screen? Do you think adding a decent graphics card to the build will solve the problem, or is it just never going to be powerful enough for it?

P.S. I've tried it on my more powerful laptop and there's no lag, so I guess my backup plan will be to use my laptop + touchscreen for the music server and then use the old server for my desktop.

Thanks for your help!

Jon.

Hello - yes it's got an Intel quad core Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz and also has a NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX graphics card. It's running Windows Vista 64bit. The music server is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Interestingly though, I just tried it on my old PC from 6 years ago, which has an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processor, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 graphics card, and Windows XP. The screen runs fine on this with no lag!

But surely the old PC is less powerful than the music server? Could the operating system be making a difference? The only other thing I can think of is that the laptop and PC both have separate graphics cards, whilst the music server does not.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...