IGNORED

Questions For Interview With Bruno Putzeys & Lars Risbo About Purifi Audio

Anyone with some basic electronic design knowledge can put together a class A or A/B amplifier in the garage. It might not sound so great but you will get sound. Class D is much more complex and only very few designers are really trying. Mr Putzeys is a great designer with a brilliant mind but what is stopping more designers from coming up with competitive solutions? It appears that we have far more rocket scientists than what we have class D designers. Even the large audio brand buy readymade class D modules and put them into their amplifiers. Why aren't they trying to produce their own class D solutions? I think we would see a faster evolvement of class D amplification if there were more competition.

1 hour ago, barrows said:

And "Digtal Amplifier Company" and their "Cherry" amplifier products... and Merrill Audio as well...

Merrill Audio use Hypex NCore modules. I don't know about all the others but like I wrote the majority of class D amplifiers on the market are based on readymade class D blocks.

1 hour ago, barrows said:

Not anymore, they use their own design class D.

Sorry my wrong then but then maybe Merrill Audio should correct the information on their website.

"The Mono blocks are a true fully balanced design with both input signals floating for a true balanced differential input, utilizing the Hypex Ncore NC1200."