IGNORED

Questions For Interview With Bruno Putzeys & Lars Risbo About Purifi Audio

16 hours ago, rego22 said:

As in addition to Bruno Putzeys also Lars Risbo is a co founder

That's correct and he is an active part in this Q & A with Purifi.
Thank you for your question about smartfi. 

Lars Risbo - although he is more commonly known for the development of the TACT - Millennium Digital Amplifier & his work for TI - has been in the seat for the newly developed driver PTT6.5W04-01A , that offers a "breakthrough" in the optimization of "the various distortion mechanisms" which "translates into low intermodulation (IMD): clean, undistorted midrange even in the presence of a heavy bass."

I can just invite you to use this opportunity to find out more on the subject of long-stroke-drivers and "negligible" distortion. 

Best, Tom

3 hours ago, psjug said:

@The Computer Audiophile  when do you plan to do this?  I'm looking forward to reading what they have to say.

Hi psjug, please allow me to respond on the subject.
It is a matter of days to get the Q's grouped systematically and there will be subsequently a additional period for Bruno & Lars to send their anwers back to us. 
I hope all of you could be kind of patient .. I know it's difficult ... 😇
Best, Tom 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:36 AM, Rt66indierock said:

Will there be a reference amplifier design for the DIY market?

@Rt66indierock
You mean this one?
AFAIK the answer were already given in the article "Meeting the experts of Purifi in Munich" .

The "Eigentakt" should be available for "DIY audio segment" approximately end of the year, prices may be announced end of Q3/2019.  A "standard" I/O board may be supplied as well. And they are working on therir own SMPS solution.

Did you mean anything different with your question? If yes, it would be helpful to specify!

Best, Tom

18 hours ago, crenca said:

Makes one wonder about all the fretting we do around distortion in electronics (i.e. amps, dacs, etc.)...

Thank you, Crenca,

would you like to extract your wondering into a phrase/questions for the Q &A?
Could be quite interesting to hear the opinion from industry experts on that subject!
Curious, Tom

1 hour ago, HQ-Sound said:

...  but what is stopping more designers from coming up with competitive solutions?
Why aren't they (the large audio brands) trying to produce their own class D solutions? 

Hi, thank you for your contribution!
Do you want us to include these 2 questions into the Q&A?
Best, Tom

3 hours ago, Matias said:

From the 1ET400A product brief:

"High loop gain (>75dB) in the entire audio band
o This figure corresponds to an unprecedented 110MHz Gain-Bandwidth Product and produces
consistent ultra-high performance across the audio spectrum unmatched by audio amplifiers of any
technology or operating class.
"

Does this affirmation still stands when looking at the measurements from Benchmark AHB2?

Looks like AHB2 has even lower THD, although some more IMD.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-benchmark-ahb2-amp.7628/

Matias,

thank you again for your participation.
I totally agree with @barrows opinion about that question.
As I have forwarded all your (the forists) questions of this thread yesterday morning, I'd prefer not to forward your (Matias) question in the form it is. You may want to rephrase your issue without relating it to the competition?
Thank you for your understanding!
Best regards, Tom

• 2 weeks later...