IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

9 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Payment in full - but Paul and Mark are 100% honourable and have no quibbles over refunds

Oups, are we living on the same planet ?

"Payment in full" - that's perfectly true ...and in advance of course 😉

But sorry to shower your entusiasme regarding the remaining qualifiers:

"100% honourable" - It's too early to comment for Mark, but regarding Paul his track record and behavior with respect to his paid in advance and still waiting SR7 customers over the past two years don't qualify him as honourable anymore, sorry not.

"no quibbles over refunds" - again nothing to say about Mark, but regarding Paul he is not open for any refund. Even being overly busy and unable to deliver what agreed and promised in a reasonable amount of time, still let him inflexible... The only exception is if somebody pay, at least same amount as you paid, and so take your build order - this qualify more as transfer than refund.

1 minute ago, your momo said:

Oups, are we living on the same planet ?

"Payment in full" - that's perfectly true ...and in advance of course 😉

But sorry to shower your entusiasme regarding the remaining qualifiers:

"100% honourable" - It's too early to comment for Mark, but regarding Paul his track record and behavior with respect to his paid in advance and still waiting SR7 customers over the past two years don't qualify him as honourable anymore, sorry not.

"no quibbles over refunds" - again nothing to say about Mark, but regarding Paul he is not open for any refund. Even being overly busy and unable to deliver what agreed and promised in a reasonable amount of time, still let him inflexible... The only exception is if somebody pay, at least same amount as you paid, and so take your build order - this qualify more as transfer than refund.

Agree,  I am hesitant to put in the order for a SR7 even via PayPal (which has guarantee but limited to 30 days to file), as surely if it cannot be delivered within say 30 days then they should not ask for a 100% payment. When one buys from any company that requires a long time to make, and numerous small companies have long wait, they should not ask for 100% payment at time of order. They should ask for 10-20% and upon finishing it and ready shop then the customer pays the remaining price. I think that is reasonable, and would make more people comfortable putting an order in. 

I'm #31, not sure how long the queue is.  Alas, I don't move up when someone else cancels.  

In an ideal world, it seems fair that everyone that wants out gets a full refund (assuming no money has been spent on parts for that build), and the rest of us move up in the queue, at least until Paul has had a chance to catch up.  That being said, Paul was very clear about his policy when I placed my order, and I knew going in I'd need to be patient.

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

30 minutes ago, bit01 said:

I suppose Paul has no interest in offering 'kits'  - I suspect many here would be able to put one together rather quickly !

Each custom build is unique, and therefore, can't be made into a kit.  Paul has transferred some of his intellectual property for the SR4, SR5, and SR7 to Paul Hynes Design.  These production versions might be viewed as kits, but they are licensed exclusively to Paul Hynes Design.  They are not available for DIY purposes.

53 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

I'm #31, not sure how long the queue is.  Alas, I don't move up when someone else cancels.  

In an ideal world, it seems fair that everyone that wants out gets a full refund (assuming no money has been spent on parts for that build), and the rest of us move up in the queue, at least until Paul has had a chance to catch up.  That being said, Paul was very clear about his policy when I placed my order, and I knew going in I'd need to be patient.

I think the web states 3 SR7 per month production speed ??  (like I said, as slow as a Bosendorfer piano ??), so it would take about 10 months for you if all goes well (assuming no disaster on Paul's part, e.g. no illness, no loss of staff, or other problems with his site, who knows) 

I would guess even for  the 'custom' design ( # of rails, voltage & amount of regulation, single or double from what I surmise) - he has to order the parts. If he focused on the design/order bit it could save some time. If he is a one man operation for all of the custom build then too many factors can come into play - as is evidenced by the delays. But it is his business, just throwing an idea out there.

I believe the three SR7's per month is for the standard commercial SR7 build (PHL, based on Paul's designs, not built by Paul).  Paul himself is doing the custom builds, so it will take as long as it takes him to work his way through the list.  

At one custom build a month, I'll have a nice Christmas present next year, but who knows what is reasonable for Paul to be able to do with all the other things going on (it is what it is)

When I ordered my SR4 from PHL, it did arrive within a month of the promised time, so I have no reason to doubt that Mark and team would be able to deliver on the timelines they post for the PHL models.  Great product, and something to help tide me over until my 3 DR rails are ready

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

25 minutes ago, Chopin75 said:

BTW, did someone make a comparison between Farad 3 and SR4 or SR5 already ?  The Farad is also DR, so it does have a bit of an advantage I suppose.  I am still waiting for A Farad 19V/12A if it will ever come. 

Search the Novel thread.  Rajiv compared the Farad3 and SR4 a few months ago.

45 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

Obviously some strong opinions here - anyhow my experience was good.  I only cancelled my order for an SR5 because I was lucky enough to pick up a Paul Hynes second hand.  Things are different now and comms  was good IMO.

I could only repeat what was said earlier, my experience with Mr.Hynes was very good. Received my SR5 very fast, sent it back for check and received again with free upgrade(!). Paul has been replying to my mails several times after purchase as well with some advisory on other questions.

37 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I could only repeat what was said earlier, my experience with Mr.Hynes was very good. Received my SR5 very fast, sent it back for check and received again with free upgrade(!). Paul has been replying to my mails several times after purchase as well with some advisory on other questions.

Was this with Paul Hynes himself or the new Paul Hynes Design Ltd Company?

Which email address are you using and when was your most recent contact?

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

1 hour ago, HeeBroG said:

Was this with Paul Hynes himself or the new Paul Hynes Design Ltd Company?

Which email address are you using and when was your most recent contact?

Geoff

I received first answer from Paul Hynes himself at the end of 2013 after which I placed an order (which was fulfilled in 3-4 months), and had several mails exchanges since that, this summer most recently. The same e-mail address from old web-site.

This thread has strayed from its intent of providing useful information on the progress and delivery of SR4 and SR7 orders.  We are by now all well aware of the historical delays in the custom build queue.  As OP, I would like to see no further discussion of past performance since it is not relevant to this topic.  Going forward, I will have such posts removed.

Hopefully, people realize that a separate business, Paul Hynes Design (PHD), has been created to fulfill orders for standard SR4, SR5, and SR7 power supplies.  We are all interested in understanding the performance of PHD, particularly as it relates to their ability to complete SR7 builds.  Please feel free to post your experience with PHD as it is also relevant to this topic.

• 2 weeks later...