Jump to content
auricgoldfinger

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Does someone have prices for the SR5 series?  And what cable options are available?


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

 

I'm supposedly build #24.  Hmmm...

Are you sure about this ? Back in June 2018 I stated my number in the SR7 thread and you did not react to my post, on the contrary you seemed to like it :D

 

Every 3 or 4 months I feel like cancelling my order though....had I found a drop-in alternative to a dual rail SR7 (no bigger, etc....), I would have jumped on it already :(


TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, guillaume31 said:

Are you sure about this ? Back in June 2018 I stated my number in the SR7 thread and you did not react to my post, on the contrary you seemed to like it :D

 

Every 3 or 4 months I feel like cancelling my order though....had I found a drop-in alternative to a dual rail SR7 (no bigger, etc....), I would have jumped on it already :(

 

I was thanking you for posting the updated scheduling information for your build.

 

When I originally placed my order, Paul told me that I was build #23.  Later, he told me it was #24.  Since then, we have always referred to it as #24.  I have never attempted to reconcile the difference with him.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 10:40 AM, auricgoldfinger said:

 

I'm supposedly build #24.  Hmmm...

 

Is PH back in business?  Sean Jacobs just emailed me with photos of my new 6-rails LPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darryl R said:

Sean Jacobs just emailed me with photos of my new 6-rails LPS.

I'd love to see those photos if SJ is OK with you posting them.  Please also share your specs for those 6 rails if you feel comfortable doing so.  Thanks.


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Darryl R said:

The GX16 outputs are for ATX (3 rails), EPS, and two 5V for accessories.

How many amps do you have for EPS12V and for the two 5V accessory rails?  Did you buy cables from Sean as well?  I bet you're excited!


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rickca said:

How many amps do you have for EPS12V and for the two 5V accessory rails?  Did you buy cables from Sean as well?  I bet you're excited!

 

I'll have to dig back in my notes for the amps.  I remember asking him for more than I needed.  Sean made cables for the two 5V rails, but his contract with Innous would not allow him to make the mobo cables.  I just sent the pin assignments to Ghent for those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I just noticed we're in a thread about SR7/SR4 build calendar.  My apologies to @auricgoldfinger for going OT.


NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 1:45 AM, auricgoldfinger said:

 

I was thanking you for posting the updated scheduling information for your build.

 

When I originally placed my order, Paul told me that I was build #23.  Later, he told me it was #24.  Since then, we have always referred to it as #24.  I have never attempted to reconcile the difference with him.

How fun, the only tangible I could get by e-mail from Paul this year is my SR7 build number, and guess what, it's build #23

 

So it's about time we get a nominative list with number and names (can be AS user name) from Paul.

This situation is turning nasty...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean for Paul's reputation ?

 

Since delivering over late and being sub-optimal at prioritizing tasks are already known limitation of the man.

 

It's prefereable we don't have to add swindler in his CV, so yes expectation is that he publish the list of remaining SR7 build and alias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, your momo said:

How fun, the only tangible I could get by e-mail from Paul this year is my SR7 build number, and guess what, it's build #23

 

So it's about time we get a nominative list with number and names (can be AS user name) from Paul.

This situation is turning nasty...

 

I was originally build #14 but but was moved down to build #15. Interesting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's clarified now, 20 months after the build schedule has been defined, I just found out I have Build 25 🙄 Everyone moved by 1 rank due to a "forgotten" order apparently (I had never been informed)

 

I am now looking to have my order taken over. I asked Paul for names of potentially interested customers but if anyone wants to join the queue instead of me and have the pleasure to experience awful communication along with very poor customer-focus, feel free to contact me ;) (my order is for an SR7DRMR2 but this can be changed I think)


TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...