IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

3 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

A legal process has been started. That is all I will say publicly at this time.  It is a private matter for those who are directly involved. 

So you guys pay a lawyer a fair amount of money upfront to sue him. And then there is a someone else, or even some of those guys , trying to follow @flkin route. 

Interesting. 

Why haven't someone just traveled to the island and visit him ?

4 minutes ago, Iving said:

Scotch mist!

+ weather, family commitments, personal ailments, parts issues, flood, pestilence (midgies) ...

There was a time I wouldn't mind jump on my blue R1200CL and enjoy the ride. Had a fantastic trip around Scotland a few years back. Not far to drive. Ferry form south Norway to Amsterdam. Then Amsterdam to Newcastle. 

38 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

There was a time I wouldn't mind jump on my blue R1200CL and enjoy the ride. Had a fantastic trip around Scotland a few years back. Not far to drive. Ferry form south Norway to Amsterdam. Then Amsterdam to Newcastle. 

from Norway?

I am in Yorkshire. I'll very likely be up that way for 3 weeks in August. Not the Outer Hebrides. But Mull, Iona, Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Camasdarach Beach (cf. film Local Hero), [skip Skye thank you very much far too many grockles] NW corner / N500. It's not just beautiful. There's a N-S gradient of "preciousness" in the UK. Down South (money-ridden) everything private "get off my land" people all buttoned up and ulterior - here in Yorkshire wysiwyg - up North especially Scotland go where you like, park by a beach, camp, walk, mountains, swim - nobody in charge (unless you make a nuisance of yourself). Highly recommended. The lovely Stephen of PHD Ltd invited me to visit the PHD premises when I bought their first SR7T. Of course now a redundant notion. How's he doing I wonder. I've camped in the Outer Hebrides. Met some awesome people. A guy whose father (peat digging tradition) was a true quiet hero in WWII, traveling all the way from the Outer Hebrides to the fray where he took under his wing young soldiers of a less robust nervous disposition. Pity PH can't augment vs. dilute the reputation of this special part of the world. Yes - I'm testing for shame Paul. Does it hurt.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, charlesphoto said:

Yep, it was just my assumption that perhaps he had bought parts (of course he didn't!), but either way, 150,000K won't last that long if one has driven off any past or new customer base. FTR, I make a living selling goods (fine art prints) with payment up front. I can't imagine stringing somebody out the way he has; I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Sure, issues can come up - printer breakdown or consumables run out and need to be ordered (which can usually be cleared up with a week), or even an actual family emergency (I would never use that lightly as de facto excuse though as it seems PH has). Yeah, the guy should have packed it in as soon as he found himself underwater, but some people just can't help themselves and drown their rescuers as well out of desperation. 

The point is that we "only" consider 150K£ or so of outstanding SR7 custom build paid in advance and so far never delivered orders - which is not that many of money considering being split in monthly wages over 3-5 years.

What many seems to forget is that Paul used part of this money to found his PHD Ltd business which was profitable considering the strong and consistent demand as well as staff capability - but Paul preferred to pump all the cash and drive PHD Ltd far below the line until he bankrupted it, with  - as far as we know - pretty Ltd inconvenience from his side.

So the total money earned fraudulently during the last 5 years is clearly above those "just" 150K£...

• 1 month later...

I ordered a custom build in 2017.

February 2020 I was build no 30 and Paul was on build 20.

After many excuses and or delays I asked Paul to cancel my order June 2020.

Build number 30 was sold and I received a refund June 2020.

Went on and ordered a Sean Jacobs Power supply.

Who purchased build number 30 and how did you get on ?

PS Cross posted 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sad news on PH.  For what it's worth, I have a Paul Hynes SR5 dual rail (12v/5v) that I will try and post on the wanted page if anyone is interested.   I haven't had the need to use it for a few years now.    

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 2:39 AM, garrardguy60 said:

Perhaps I am mean spirited, but I cannot wish Paul Hynes a merry xmas season. Of course, he already has hundreds of thousands of presents, which were involuntarily gifted to him. My hope is that he's spent them all and realizes that there won't be any more candy in his stocking going forward.

Paul Hynes is a scumbag and con. 

Just a hypothetical situation, could the legal eagles make a judgement. 

Suppose the PH design was reverse engineered to re-create the power supply that is a very good technical design, actually produce & sell successfully. Ask the Chinese, thy are good at such things, well known to occur.

Since PH Designs is bankrupt, can they technically still receive royalties, and would those royalties (if paid) allow the debt to be paid off to creditors?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 2 weeks later...

Guys , i need some help for my newly bought sr5t second hand.

i bought the unit with 110 v fuse, and i forgot to switch it to 230 v when i connected it to my system.

the fuse appearently blew up, and i hope the ps is ok.

i need to buy a new fuse now and i m asking some clarifications.

at the back of the lps it is written :

fuse 1,6 A time delay

110v/240 v.

is it normal to have same specs for 110v/230v?

should i order 1,6 A slow bow?

any idea wich brand should i go with, thinking qsa blue….

thks a lot!

On 1/3/2023 at 3:06 AM, One and a half said:

Just a hypothetical situation, could the legal eagles make a judgement. 

Suppose the PH design was reverse engineered to re-create the power supply that is a very good technical design, actually produce & sell successfully. Ask the Chinese, thy are good at such things, well known to occur.

Since PH Designs is bankrupt, can they technically still receive royalties, and would those royalties (if paid) allow the debt to be paid off to creditors?

Check this

https://micro-audio.com/store/product/micra-p5/

3 hours ago, sakso136 said:

i bought the unit with 110 v fuse, and i forgot to switch it to 230 v when i connected it to my system.

fuse 1,6 A time delay

110v/240 v.

thks a lot!

I believe the fuse value for 220v would be half of 1.6A, but get confirmation from someone else with more technical knowledge than me.

3 hours ago, sakso136 said:

fuse 1,6 A time delay

110v/240 v.

thks a lot!

Hi @sakso136

If 1.6A fuse was enough for 110v operation, then the same should be more than enough for 220v operation which would draw approximately half the current. That would serve as your "margin" when getting audiophile fuses.

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I would buy a Sean Jacobs DC3 or DC4 module instead.  You are getting an authentic product that will be properly supported by the designer and manufacturer.

Yes, pay thousands for that authentic product and the support in advance.

Good luck

24 minutes ago, AngeloVRA said:

Hi @sakso136

If 1.6A fuse was enough for 110v operation, then the same should be more than enough for 220v operation which would draw approximately half the current. That would serve as your "margin" when getting audiophile fuses.

Good luck!

Yet it defies the purpose of the fuse a bit....not saying I have a problem with that but I feel that aspect should be understood by the user!

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps.