IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently the insolvency proceedings for Paul Hynes Ltd are nearly complete. The "resolutions for winding-up" were passed on Nov 8, according to the official public records, which are published in the UK Gazette, here: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3926087/

"

Resolutions for Winding-up

PAUL HYNES DESIGN LTD

Company Number: SC622187

Registered office: Tigh Geal, Daliburgh, Isle Of South Uist, HS8 5SS

Principal trading address: Tigh Geal, Daliburgh, Isle Of South Uist, HS8 5SS

Notice is hereby given that the following resolutions were passed on 08 November 2021 as a special resolution and as an ordinary resolution:

“That the Company be wound up voluntarily and that Gemma Louise Roberts and Robert Neil Dymond, both of Wilson Field Limited, The Manor House, 260 Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield, S11 9PS, (IP Nos: 9701 and 10430) be appointed as Joint Liquidators for the purposes of such voluntary winding up.”

Further details contact: The Joint Liquidators, Tel: 0114 2356780, Email: [email protected]. Alternative contact: Bradley Sanderson

Paul Hynes, Director

Ag KH80992

1 hour ago, garrardguy60 said:

Apparently the insolvency proceedings for Paul Hynes Ltd are nearly complete.

And by complete it means exactly what ?

Will Paul just start a new company ? Or any of his former employees ?

And what about those that have paid, and didn’t get a product?

Is Paul still holding the rights to the design ?

Or can it be bought or licensed?

I wonder how many PHD creditors, who are spread around the world, actually received advance notice of the meeting of creditors on 2 November 2021.  My guess: zero.  Note that a vote will be disregarded if a creditor’s proof in respect of their claim is not received by 4pm on 5 November 2021.  In other words, if you were unaware of the proceedings before now, you can not make a claim and receive nothing.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3917953/

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

And what about those that have paid, and didn’t get a product?

They get nothing.  See my comments to Brian below.

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Is Paul still holding the rights to the design ?

Or can it be bought or licensed?

Depends upon how the prior arrangement—between “Paul Hynes Design” and “Paul Hynes LTD.”—was written.  Circuit designs and customer lists are valuable intellectual property, and their legal disposition after bankruptcy/liquidation/dissolution can vary.

3 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I wonder how many PHD creditors, who are spread around the world, actually received advance notice of the meeting of creditors on 2 November 2021.  My guess: zero.  Note that a vote will be disregarded if a creditor’s proof in respect of their claim is not received by 4pm on 5 November 2021.  In other words, if you were unaware of the proceedings before now, you can not make a claim and receive nothing.

It most likely would not have mattered one bit.  “Secured creditors”—bank loans, lines of credit, and documented private loans—are the first in line to receive any remaining fiscal, physical, or intellectual assets (of which there likely were not much remaining).

Supplier payables and customer deposits are not considered secured creditors. So they will be way down the list.

At least that is the way bankruptcy law works in the USA (if memory serves me). I have no idea of all the ins and outs of how they do things on the Isle Of South Uist! ¬¬

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

Probably Paul Hynes himself. 

I would expect  him, or those behind webpage to post here and clarify. 

He is a crook.

Let’s see if he is willing to ship SR4’s to those who ordered. (If it’s him behind that new company). 

Still it seems to be the “old” SR4, and not the latest SR4T. Well it says page under construction. So maybe SR4T will be available as well. 

No one should give him any business.

He will have to produce some units to have in stock, before I’m ordering a second one from him. 
He definitely have a long way to go not to retain his bad reputation.

Do we actually know the exact number of people that got screwed ?

(Keep custom builds outside. That’s another business. Yes, I know, same person). 

@ASRMichael

There must be a record somewhere if a new company is created and he is involved. Can you check ? I don’t know where to look. 

Edit:

I guess this is the official place to search ?

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/companies?companyname=PAUL+HYNES&companynumber=&locality=&sic-code=&start-incorporation-date=&end-incorporation-date=&sort-by=latest-incorporation-date&results-page-size=20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my story.

I think its important that we share over storys so we can see the scale of this. I got in touch with Paul 4-5 years ago. I was interested in multiple PH7 DRs. We agreed and I paid half in advance for the 6 x PH7s. My build nr is 35-38 and 51 and 52.

Got this from Paul this month but its the standard excuses.

Any idea how to go forward now? 

Hi 

Firstly apologies for the tardy reply. I have been rather busy dealing with health issues of my disabled family members. Just over two months ago my partner suffered a bad reaction to a Phizer covid-19 booster vaccine that has left her with long term health issues. She is suffering from chronic joint pain all over her body and also chronic fatigue. Aside from my usual care duties running the household due to her general on-going disabilities, I currently have to attend to her physical needs as well and do everything for her, as she is now bed bound. Unfortunately the medics have been unable to help yet, as time is needed to assess the longevity of these conditions (there are others suffering similar conditions after booster vaccinations) and to find ways to alleviate the problems. Hopefully this will not be a longer term problem and a cure becomes available, as providing the additional care does require a fair amount of additional time from me.

Regarding your request, I have received a number of e-mails requesting me to short circuit the custom build schedule by giving priority to their orders over other customer’s orders. Whilst considering these requests over the Christmas/New Year holiday period, in essence, in ordering a custom build a customer has purchased not only the power supply product but also the place in the queue allotted to the build. I think that other customers in the queue would take a dim view of queue jumping so I would have to say that I must comply with the custom build schedule queue.

When customers have decided they do not want to continue in the queue for whatever reason I have always allowed them to sell on their order including their place in the queue as a way of ensuring that they get a full refund, There is no direct refund policy in my ordering terms for custom build orders as this would leave me with considerable potentially unrecoverable outlay and as a small business I could not afford such losses. As many customers do not have enough technical knowledge to offer prospective customers looking to take over an order, I usually help by providing that knowledge and also keep a list of orders awaiting transfer as a courtesy. If you want to have your orders placed on the transfer list I will be happy to oblige.

Out of interest I have been rather busy over the last few months re-furbishing a home workshop facility to continue with the legacy custom build orders in between my family care duties. The last 8 months have been very difficult as much of my available time was used to provide all the information required by the insolvency practitioners, asset valuation professional and liquidators handling the closure of PHD Ltd.

Without the machining facilities to work on custom build chassis at home, I decided to take on a unit at the Lochboisdale Pier Development where PHD Ltd was located, which was to be funded by a consultancy commission, so I could continue to process the custom build schedule. Indeed, I actually paid the first months rent for October in advance and started to transfer all the custom build stock back to Lochboisdale. Unfortunately the consultancy project was placed on hold until less turbulent times return and without the cash flow this would have provided, necessary to support continuing at the new premises, I had to relinquish the new workshop. I then had to return all the custom build stock back home. Shortly after this the landlord of the old PHD Ltd premises also requested the removal of all the PHD Ltd equipment etc from the old PHD Ltd premises so I had to dismantle everything and find storage for a transit van full of boxes and equipment.

With a house full of boxes and equipment I was back in the situation where there was no room for general work and machining and handling of the custom build product chassis so I decided to bite the bullet and strip out one of the rooms I had been using for an office and small work area (only suitable for module assembly) and refurbish this to provide more work area which I have done successfully, as, instead of a 2 foot by 18 inch workspace I now have a 5 foot by 18 inch workspace which now allows work on chassis safely without damaging them or indeed myself, and also a small machining area that is sufficient for custom chassis machining. I am currently in the process of sorting out boxes full of custom build stock and finding an accessible home for everything so I do not have to go sorting through boxes every time I need components and transformers for power supply builds. As soon as I have this completed I should be able to continue with steady progress of the custom build schedule.

I cannot work miracles but I am making the effort to keep the ball rolling with the legacy custom build schedule so that customer’s outstanding orders are completed and will continue to do so to the best of my ability.

I hope you can find the patience to allow me to continue and to fulfil your orders. The word on the street regarding DR7 (double regulated rail) performance is that they are well worth waiting for.

Regards

Paul

Other than legal action to recover deposit monies, I fear I don't see much that can be done for any of us.  No one that I know is getting any traction or engagement at anything different than above.  Any ask for transparency or alternative ways to fulfill orders is met with pages of reasons why it can't be done

I suspect there are sufficient parts for some number of units to be built (small), but it continues to amaze me that Paul can't get even a single unit built (these require bench burn in time, but actual time has to be measured in hours/days, not weeks/months/years).  Given the lack of even single custom units being built or delivered, I'm beginning to suspect that even those parts may not be available, or (more likely) that they are being allocated to other projects.  None of this bodes well for those of us in the custom queue.   

Given your numbers in the queue, I do not see how funds/inventory in hand will survive long enough to get to your units.  I sincerely hope I am wrong (I am #32 and I fear the same for me), but given the scale of your commitment and trust in Paul, your situation is particularly egregious (and I'm sincerely sorry about that).

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

4 hours ago, Tand said:

Here is my story.

I think its important that we share over storys so we can see the scale of this. I got in touch with Paul 4-5 years ago. I was interested in multiple PH7 DRs. We agreed and I paid half in advance for the 6 x PH7s. My build nr is 35-38 and 51 and 52.

Got this from Paul this month but its the standard excuses.

Any idea how to go forward now?

Unfortunately, your (and my) money was stolen. 

I wonder if the other 1,700 (or so) residents of the Isle of South Uist know about Mr. Hynes's proclivities with prospective customers' cash? Presumably everybody on such a sparsely populated, relatively small island must at least know of each other, if not having actually met in person.

(Interesting bit of Scottish Hebrides trivia: Orwell wrote 1984 on Jura, which is in the Inner Hebrides. South Uist is part of the Outer Hebrides.)

13 hours ago, Tand said:

in ordering a custom build a customer has purchased not only the power supply product but also the place in the queue allotted to the build

I paid a lot of money to buy flimsy excuses.

13 hours ago, Tand said:

When customers have decided they do not want to continue in the queue for whatever reason I have always allowed them to sell on their order including their place in the queue as a way of ensuring that they get a full refund

Anyone wishing to have flimsy excuses, please contact me in private, I will be very happy to get your money and you will take my place 

13 hours ago, Tand said:

I cannot work miracles but I am making the effort to keep the ball rolling with the legacy custom build schedule so that customer’s outstanding orders are completed and will continue to do so to the best of my ability.

It must be very difficult for a PowerSupply  maker to get help from others, especially if he wants to take the money just for himself without doing anything.