IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

I ordered on 9th June for July list.

I changed spec from SR4T-12 to SR4T-19 on 29th June. Ok that's on me. But I guess there is a bright side to PHD build schedule. Work hadn't commenced so change of spec wasn't an issue and Stephen was great.

I anticipate delivery towards end of July or perhaps in August. 

I ordered a Farad Super3 on the 4th of July. I plugged it into my system yesterday. 9th July. Just saying 🙄

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

49 minutes ago, paulhynes said:

Hi Alan,

My post was in response to k27R requesting an update on the custom build service and to auricgoldfinger directing him to e-mail me.

Hi Paul - my bad, assumed it was in response to my admittedly cheeky comment about the Farad.

50 minutes ago, paulhynes said:

. In fact, if I lived in London and Covid was not around, I would happily buy you a beer.

Haha! Careful Mr Hynes. I might live in London but I'm definitely crazy enough to stalk you to the Scottish islands in the name of a free pint and many pesky questions about power supplies 😅

Looking forward to getting an SR4T into my system. Am sure it'll be worth the wait.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

4 hours ago, paulhynes said:

You will have to get a permit from South Uists Estates to do any stalking on the island and you will need your passport to enter The Independent State of South Uist. I guess I could put in a good word for you once Covid-19 is under control.

South Uist Estates is owned by the local residents and consists of around half of the Isle of Benbecula, the Isle of South Uist and the Isle of Eriskay (made famous in the film “Whiskey Galore”). With your ancestry I suspect you already know that we are on the outer rim of the known universe.

The Independent State of South Uist, Benbecula and Whiskey Galore 😅

I better get a move on before wee Nicola loses patience with Boris's buffoonery and raises the drawbridge!

More seriously - thanks Paul for the courtesy and very kind offer. Haven't been further north than Pitlochry for a good few years but I'll email you if I am ever headed your direction.

Cheers,

Alan

• 9 months later...

I understand the different viewpoints here but at the end of the day we are talking about a startup business, in a remote part of the Scottish islands, going under after two lengthy lockdowns.

I don't know the details but the very best business plans could have been kiboshed in these circumstances.

It's tough out there. 

I reiterate that this is a sad event. PHD were providing high quality products on a reliable basis. The audiophile community are poorer for the lack of this option.

Cheers,

Alan

10 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I also find it insulting in one vein to talk about business been bankrupt and then be talking about custom builds & SRT. Sounds like Paul will just start again under different name & continue with business as normal. Whilst I people who have lost money sit scratching their heads thinking WTF!! Not good practice at all. 

I lost money to the crook Adrian from TLS, so you have my sympathies 

I'm not gonna be an apologist for anyone but my understanding is that Paul as he approached retirement age (and admittedly dealt with issues regarding delays on his custom builds) licensed his designs to a workers cooperative on the remote Scottish island where he lives. (ie PHD)

Now I have no idea what Paul's stake/liability is and that's a valid topic on its own.

But unless I've missed anything PHD was producing great products at an acceptable rate and customers were happy. I certainly was with mine.

So as far as I'm concerned, PHDs demise is a bad thing for the audiophile community.

Cheers,

Alan

3 hours ago, Darryl R said:

I appreciate this gracious attitude.  We are both cancer patients here, also nearing retirement age, and I'm out of work with no medical insurance.  With very tight funds, I ordered a PHD LPS after Mr. Hynes personally assured me the business was in great hands that he could retire at ease.  If I had a momentary lapse of poise after Mr. Hynes' last post, I'll have to ask the forgiveness of those offended.  I'm doing great today, but I am also concerned for some here who have far more at stake.

Hi Darryl, 

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. That sounds very rough so here's wishing you both a full and speedy recovery.

You also touch upon another point which is that we need to remind ourselves that this is only a hobby at the end of the day and there are more important things in life.

Finally whilst I fully understand peoples concerns and complaints there's also the fact people have lost their employment at PHD and it must be a miserable experience for Paul watching the business go under.

Anyway, best wishes Darryl. Hope you're both ok.

Alan

21 minutes ago, IRS2092 said:

I have another idea for PH himself.

Rather than telling us your story and your reasons, go and refund those who paid in advance I am sure they are not interested into your story anymore.

Sell your car or your house, then do whatever it takes internally to solve your internal problems.

Thank you PH

If this and your previous post are your tone when you didn't place an order and don't have any money at risk then I dread to think what you'd post if you had some skin in the game 🙄

1 hour ago, IRS2092 said:

thank god that I found better solution and way cheaper.

Do tell. You either learned a lesson most of us constantly fail to learn (just enjoy the music and stop fretting about "better") or you stumbled on the holy grail. Better than the best LPSU on the market and way cheaper! Impressive stuff.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, sig8 said:

Is Paul Hynes still active, making power supplies? I sent an email ir bounced back. I have bought few power supplies from him in the past.

Nope. Paul Hynes has gone bust or ceased trading for well over a year now, perhaps two years or more.