IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

37 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I could only repeat what was said earlier, my experience with Mr.Hynes was very good. Received my SR5 very fast, sent it back for check and received again with free upgrade(!). Paul has been replying to my mails several times after purchase as well with some advisory on other questions.

Was this with Paul Hynes himself or the new Paul Hynes Design Ltd Company?

Which email address are you using and when was your most recent contact?

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 3 months later...

Actually I have one back with him for repair since Jan/Feb 2019 and haven't received it back yet. Correspondence has been sporadic and unreliable.😕

I have another one on order #38 so don't expect that one for sometime!

I received a message in Aug 2019 saying that progress was being made on the repair but then 2 unanswered messages in October and last week.

I just sent off 2 messages again; one to Paul and one to PHLid so will hopefully hear back with some news. 

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

50 minutes ago, beautiful music said:

Wish to receive your damaged one soon.

May i know who is PHLid and what is his email?

In desperation I went to the site below and used their contact form.

It may not be entirely correct as it is a separate company who is now building his standard designs.

I think I must have got the idea somewhere earlier in this thread.

https://www.paulhynesdesign.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just like to notify everyone that Paul has just responded to my email sent a month ago.

He and his family are well but self isolating at home during the "lockdown".

The PS build calendar is therefore on hold for now but he hopes to resume work in June.

The patient wait continues but in the context of a potential global meltdown; there are more important matters at the moment.

Keep Safe

G

21 hours ago, paulhynes said:

Hi Geoff,

Stephen, the Paul Hynes Design Ltd Production Manager has just called me to say you have posted about my e-mail on Audiophile Style forum. Unfortunately this thread that you have posted in has historically referred to both my old custom build service (now closed to new orders) and also matters related to Paul Hynes Design Ltd production, so there may be some confusion between the two.

My apologies Stephen and Paul.

I didn't realise this was the wrong thread. 

I'll try and have it deleted.

Geoff

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul,

Great to hear that you and your family are well.

Hope you can get back to work soon on the custom builds.

It's wonderful to see you more active in this thread in the interim.

Geoff

• 1 month later...

@paulhynes

Hi Paul,

Any chance you can give us an update on the reorganisation of the workshop?

Hopefully lockdown restrictions in South Ulsts has eased allowing work to begin on the custom builds.

Geoff

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully Paul is still reading this thread and will respond soon.

The rising numbers of Covid in the UK may well hamper his efforts at work given his personal circumstances.

• 2 months later...

That's great news. I thought the lockdown would stop any work but Paul may have found a solution.🤞

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2022 at 1:10 AM, Tand said:

Here is my story.

I think its important that we share over storys so we can see the scale of this. I got in touch with Paul 4-5 years ago. I was interested in multiple PH7 DRs. We agreed and I paid half in advance for the 6 x PH7s. My build nr is 35-38 and 51 and 52.

Strange; I believe I have build #38 as well