IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

Since communication from Paul Hynes is minimal, at best, I have created this thread for people in the SR7 and SR4 queues to share their personal experience and understanding of the build schedules.  Please post any information you receive directly from Paul regarding the status of your build so that others in the queue have an idea of his progress or lack thereof.

• auricgoldfinger changed the title to Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread
15 minutes ago, noshortcuts said:

I ordered SR4 in April. He said that mine would be built with the next batch of SR4's at the end of May. That's all I know as I haven't heard from him since though It's not quite "the end of May" yet.

Ostensibly, they are built in the last week of the month, which in this case, would be next week.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, highstream said:

SR7? My order is for an SR4, and the cable connector question arises from my using it with an iFi SPDIF Purifier, which takes micro USB. There are different ways to go with that and I’m rethinking the initial decision. Hard to discuss when one party isn’t talking.

Have you already purchased an SR4?

39 minutes ago, highstream said:

Seemingly strange questions today. If I have an order, and with Paul one doesn’t have an order unless fully paid, then yes, I have purchased one. This thread and discussion is about receipt, which obviously from my posts I haven’t.

I'm not sure what is strange.  This is the SR7 and SR4 calendar thread.  Earlier, I inquired with someone about his SR7 status.  As the OP, I find this question to be completely on topic.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

Build 14 with new mains transformers, Teflon boards and z-foil resistors has been completed and shipped out I am currently working on build 17 which should be completed by the end of next week.

I am about to ship build 15.

Have the owners of SR7 builds 14, 15, and 17 received shipping notices, or better yet, a power supply?

21 minutes ago, oilpaint said:

I am Build 16. Can anyone explain - in laymen’s terms - what Paul is describing as the problem with Build 16 (described in reply #27 above)?

Thanks

Paul hasn't been in touch with you directly?  I assumed his modus operandus is to communicate with the buyer when his/her build is underway.  Did you specify anything unusual for yours? 

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.  I have no idea what Paul is referencing.

1 hour ago, cat6man said:

anyone?

I suggest searching for romaz + sr7 to find out about his adventures.  Some people have been re-specifying their SR7 builds to match what romaz has done.  In particular, they have upgraded to teflon pcb's and z-foil resistors.

You can review the Novel thread as well as the original SR7 thread where this information is discussed in more detail.

#TBT...Ground Hog Day (the movie)

October 22, 2018

This week I should be shipping out custom orders 15 and 16. Order 17 has been temporarily delayed due to a re-specification so I will start on order 18 as soon as the new workshop is functional.

June 12, 2019

Materials for builds 14 and 17 arrived (both on hold due to re-specification requiring new mains transformers and one on hold awaiting Teflon boards and z-foil resistors). Build 14 with new mains transformers, Teflon boards and z-foil resistors has been completed and shipped out I am currently working on build 17 which should be completed by the end of next week.

I am about to ship build 15.

I have a problem with build 16 due to an interaction issue using remote voltage switching. I have decided to stick with on regulator board switching of output voltage as used in the SR4 as there is no interaction issue with this. I am having new PCBs made for this.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, guillaume31 said:

I'm also approaching my 2-year wait anniversary...and everytime I'm thinking of giving-up my order, I receive some promising news from Paul....he replied to me yesterday actually (no specific news on the schedule but he mentioned the issue with your chassis Austinpop) and it seems he's working indeed....but no SR7 has come out the shop since Q3 2018 and this has gotten me concerned about his ability to deliver at all...I guess I'll just wait & see :)

What is your number in the queue?

What was the promising news?

Based on the post below, it seems that a custom SR7 can be built in less than one month.  (In the post I am referencing, two were completed in less than a month.) 

I wonder how nothing other than replacements for a couple of failed SR7 modules has been shipped since February 2019 when operations supposedly resumed.  It makes no sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, novaca said:

Today I discovered this: https://paul-hynes-design.jimdosite.com/blog/
We will see if the change is for the better - maybe, but now nothing can be ordered (all sold out) ...

The goal is for the entire product line of SR4, SR5, and SR7 to eventually be produced by Paul Hynes Design, as distinct from Paul Hynes himself.  Only standardized supplies will be available, which is to say no custom SR7s will be produced going forward.  The plan is for Paul to complete the custom builds already on order and then to shut down that part of the business.