IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm #31, not sure how long the queue is.  Alas, I don't move up when someone else cancels.  

In an ideal world, it seems fair that everyone that wants out gets a full refund (assuming no money has been spent on parts for that build), and the rest of us move up in the queue, at least until Paul has had a chance to catch up.  That being said, Paul was very clear about his policy when I placed my order, and I knew going in I'd need to be patient.

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

I believe the three SR7's per month is for the standard commercial SR7 build (PHL, based on Paul's designs, not built by Paul).  Paul himself is doing the custom builds, so it will take as long as it takes him to work his way through the list.  

At one custom build a month, I'll have a nice Christmas present next year, but who knows what is reasonable for Paul to be able to do with all the other things going on (it is what it is)

When I ordered my SR4 from PHL, it did arrive within a month of the promised time, so I have no reason to doubt that Mark and team would be able to deliver on the timelines they post for the PHL models.  Great product, and something to help tide me over until my 3 DR rails are ready

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 4 months later...

I did hear from Paul recently. He mentioned that due to holidays and health issues he had not done work on custom builds for several months or so, but that he was starting up again. 

The lack of reported progress here had had me very concerned for his health, so I was glad to hear that things were better for him and his family. Hopefully he is able to get into a production rhythm and work through this list (#31 so mine is still a ways away)

• 1 year later...

Paul’s rules are arcane and Byzantine. There is no notion of what is right or fair, just whether the letter of the rule is followed or not. 

I think much of the (profound) disconnect between Paul and his custom build customers is the rest of us expecting reasonableness vs strict compliance to the rules. 

• 5 months later...

Other than legal action to recover deposit monies, I fear I don't see much that can be done for any of us.  No one that I know is getting any traction or engagement at anything different than above.  Any ask for transparency or alternative ways to fulfill orders is met with pages of reasons why it can't be done

I suspect there are sufficient parts for some number of units to be built (small), but it continues to amaze me that Paul can't get even a single unit built (these require bench burn in time, but actual time has to be measured in hours/days, not weeks/months/years).  Given the lack of even single custom units being built or delivered, I'm beginning to suspect that even those parts may not be available, or (more likely) that they are being allocated to other projects.  None of this bodes well for those of us in the custom queue.   

Given your numbers in the queue, I do not see how funds/inventory in hand will survive long enough to get to your units.  I sincerely hope I am wrong (I am #32 and I fear the same for me), but given the scale of your commitment and trust in Paul, your situation is particularly egregious (and I'm sincerely sorry about that).

• 5 months later...